Poll: Do you play as the opposite gender?

Page 1 of 14
... LastLast
    Deleted

Do you play the other gender?

What ho!

I'm interested in sexuality and gender in video games, particularly in WoW.

Men: Do you ever play as a female character? Vote and give your reasons in the comments!

Women: Do you ever play as a male character? Vote and give your reasons in the comments!

(If you're a man, select an answer beginning with [Men], and if you're a woman then select an answer beginning with [Women].)
    Last edited by mmocf747bdc2eb; 2012-12-17 at 11:55 PM.

Male and I only play female characters in WoW because they look a lot better than male.

Deleted
    im a guy and i 90% of the time play a female character something about it just seems right.

Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    Male and I only play female characters in WoW because they look a lot better than male.
    Female and for the same reason I will play some male characters. Most of my toons are female though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Needs an option for "I play both"

The gender of my characters depends largely on the race. I don't like the models and animations for some genders in some races, and I like them in others.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Deleted
    I'm a woman, my main is a male and some of my alts. Sometimes I just prefer how they look, or if I'm interested in a male character in their lore then I usually make a male, I'm not really sure why.

I play both genders, It is mostly depends on what role I want to play with that toon.

For example:
    My priest which I sorely made for healing was made female, the healing aspect+cloth robes (dress) feel better with a female. Don't wanna watch a guy in dress :P

My DK was made purely so my guild could progress heroic raiding and needed someone to tank. Because I wanted a more bulky figure for fetching the blows I made him male. Bit more muscles on it so felt good as a DK tank. (+no dress! :P Although T14 = dress plate.... Transmog ho!)

Deleted
    (men) Both, depends on what race and how they look, it's not like i'll dress up like a woman irl anytime soon so np ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a guy and I generally play which gender I find to be best looking on a character. Though I prefer playing a male character (like a gnome). It's just which looks best. For a human it's pretty obvious. But so is for tauren ;P

I prefer the female models, except for gnomes. They're both viable! :-)

Basically all the male models have way to wide shoulders or other issues whereas I find that the female models are pretty good!

I play both, with a slight emphasis on female models because I find them to be... less ugly. It depends on the race, the class, and the "feel" of the particular character.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a female and all of my characters are female, in every MMO I've played. I've attempted to make male characters before but I could never get used to how they looked, it just didn't feel right.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have 90% males, and 10% females.
    Only time I've made females are for my warlocks, I don't know why, but every warlock I've ever made is a female.
    Also always named her 'Hellan', so some sort of terrible pun is why I do it.
    Last edited by Kuthe; 2012-12-18 at 12:17 AM.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    feamle, only because I prefer the female human model.
    when i played worgen / dwarf it was male

I always play female characters, i mean c'mon, make night elf anyone? would play males if they looked like new model malfurion or thrall

10+ Year Old Account
    (man) i like begin a big bulky brute in any game i play so most of my toons are male

10+ Year Old Account
    I dislike how all of the horde males look, so just played female.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    My main is a male. The rest of my characters are female.

10+ Year Old Account
    Male, and yeah, I don't mind playing female characters at all. Pretty sure I have more female toons than male ones.

Well that's only gender. If you're interested in sexuality as well... um, my female Orc is kinda butch I could RP her as a lesbian I suppose.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.