Page 15 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I'm over 9000% sure that I have no idea how many subs there are or how many subs there will be in feb.

Its interesting to know the amount of subs the next quarter. Is everyone burned out of MoP already? Has the annual pass ran out? Are the 900k who came back now gone already? Was 5.1 lackluster?

One thing is for sure, I really can't see the subs being raised. It can only happen when a new expansion has just released, and even then its only a small amount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Honestly, one thing that baffeles me is that, say my druid is about 25k world achivement ranked according to worldofprogress, witch should be pretty accurate considering any people with 15k achivements or more have for sure raided inn w/e guild and got ranked at some point etc.

So only 25k more players than me out of 10 damn millions, got more points than me? Dont tell me that the most addictive MMO, with the largest playerbase only got like 50k players with any real ammount of achivement points.

Also, taking a look at atleast EU realms are sad. If I was inn charge Id merge/close down about 70-80% of all servers, barely any high pop imo.
    Worldofprogress is full of shit. period.

I have 4 level 90s with more than 100 days played on EACH and Worldofprogress doesn't know any of them.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beefhamer View Post
    That is a misnomer. The economy has grown each month over the last 20 months, Unemployment is at a 5 year low. Business profits are higher than they ever have been. Some areas my be slower to see these improvements but overall the people and the economy are doing much much better than during Cata when that excuse was being tossed around like salad.
    5 year low you say?... I"m gonna call BULLSHIT. the unemployment rate in Dec 2007 was 5%... What you mean to say is that the Unemployment has FINALLY returned to the same level as when Obama was sworn in, in Jan 2009.

http://www.macrotrends.org/1339/unem...last-ten-years

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 03:22 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Navitas View Post
    The economy is still bad because everyone's her arguing about subs when they should be working! :P
    I AM at work. been here since 4am (about 12hrs now)

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Worldofprogress is full of shit. period.

I have 4 level 90s with more than 100 days played on EACH and Worldofprogress doesn't know any of them.

Its does now. You welcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dengir View Post
    Won't see any for a few more months I think. Also why in the hell must a thread like this pop up every month?
    Because Haters are stunned that Pandas are popular. They were CERTAIN it would kill WOW, and they are sobbing in a corner praying Subs will drop.
    @Ghostcrawler:Some advice: [My pet issue] is why there were sub losses is one of the weaker arguments players use. Players don't have that data.

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Because Haters are stunned that Pandas are popular. They were CERTAIN it would kill WOW, and they are sobbing in a corner praying Subs will drop.
    I'm curious if subs do drop ( I know an absurd impossibility) what will you do with yourself? Will you come on threads like this and tell "haters" why they still have it wrong? Or will much crow be eaten that day?

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    In fairness you were certain that it have 15 million players by now. How'd one that work out?

10+ Year Old Account
    Why are people so pre-occupied with sub numbers? If the game is good, play it. If there are enough people on your shard or realm or server to raid, or enough content to keep you occupied, why worry about how many other people are playing it?

If I see something in WoW that appeals to me, I'll sub again. It's not like it's a friggin important life choice. I play what entertains me.

Last time the subs were over 10m, but that was expected due to last call being end of Q3 which included MoP subs and we all know that first week of new expansion = more peeps subbing. Next call will be in Feb if im not entirely mistaken and i think we'll see a decline to around 9+m subs.

Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    I'm curious if subs do drop ( I know an absurd impossibility) what will you do with yourself? Will you come on threads like this and tell "haters" why they still have it wrong? Or will much crow be eaten that day?
    We'll get a long exposition on why subs Really Don't Matter.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Why are people so pre-occupied with sub numbers? If the game is good, play it. If there are enough people on your shard or realm or server to raid, or enough content to keep you occupied, why worry about how many other people are playing it?

If I see something in WoW that appeals to me, I'll sub again. It's not like it's a friggin important life choice. I play what entertains me.
    This and I would add I applaud Blizzard for being so open about those numbers.

Where SWTOR, Rift, GW2 ( how would you even measure that), TSW, TERA, etc their numbers? Don't those companies have quarterly stockholder meetings?

Quote Originally Posted by Silverblade Paladin View Post
    Even brand new AAA games have Christmas Sales.

It is called Business.

Anyone that can't understand this is probably still living off their parents and/or think money grows off trees.
    Why would you sell it for less money if money doesn't grow off trees?

It is called business.

Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    Why are people so pre-occupied with sub numbers? .
    Most ppl dont want to hear the explanation but here is part of it. 10million number is misleading in the sense that 50-55% of that (historically) arent paying sub/game buyers. They 'pay-per-use' in china. If you ever listened to their financial report, its quite clear. Why is this a big deal??...well when swtor or gw2 or whatever sell 4million copies....ppl claims they are bad because they sold a lot less then Wow. But if GW2 sold 4 million (random example) in NA/Europe only and Blizz actually only has 4.5million subs in NA/Europe/Brazil/Oceania...the game are quite close.

Thats about it. Thats why so many 'haters' keep complaining about the sub numbers. As long as ppl bash other games/MMOs for having less subs then WoW....the haters will bash wow fanbois for defending 10million.

I'm not sure, but I am not exactly concerned with it, seeing as it doesn't affect my wallet at all.

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    A: Please, every single time you come in talking about MoP, you call it fucking "mope". Stop it.
    B: Want to know why they posted they had 10m then and haven't anything since? Because they were losing subs and were happy to get back to 10m shared it with everyone. We the players, or so I hope, like to see the game back up there so it would make sense to release the numbers then.
    C: There are no indicators other than you going to every thread saying the game is dying or it's terrible. If there are indicators, go away and back up your claim.

inb4 fanboy
    or you could just answer the question

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Pray tell me, what evidence do you have that "indications point to another fall in subs"? Please don't use any anecdotal evidence like "my friends stopped playing"
    It's logical there will be a fall. Every new expansion causes a boom in subscriptions as old players return to try it out. Not all of them stay and so subs fall. It's completely normal but i'm sure lots of people will use it as a way of bashing "the direction" blizz has taken wow this expansion.

Subscription numbers... people still obsessing over subscription numbers of wow and trying to say how bad the game is with the subscription numbers declining -_-.

Here are 2 things I have read related to subs:
    1. Sub going down = WoW's quality going down
    2. WoW has so many sub is like Justin Bieber being popular because popularity doesn't mean quality

Why can't people just face the fact that WoW is a game, and like every other game in history, some will like it and some won't. But unlike other games, WoW changes A LOT and it might change to something that you no longer enjoy. However, having changes that you dislike does not mean WoW's quality is taking a turn for the worse.

In short, changes to WoW that you do not like simply means you do not like the changes, nothing more than that. Stop linking your own personal dislike with subscription numbers and somehow concluding WoW's quality is going down.
    their moving their table over their
    they're moving they're table over they're
    there moving there table over there

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I don't know about you guys but, if I know there are less than 10 million other people playing, I just don't enjoy myself, at all!
    No... no... wait... oh yeah, outside of my server, which is always full I might add, I barely notice other players unless I'm running a dungeon with all of 4 others or LFR with a measly 24 others...

Having read every post so far, this thread ended up exactly as expected. Full of opinions claiming to be facts.
    Seems to be what is being missed most here. Subs may or may not be going down at this point, But its obvious that overall log ons and time logged are way down.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by phenix View Post
    Most ppl dont want to hear the explanation but here is part of it. 10million number is misleading in the sense that 50-55% of that (historically) arent paying sub/game buyers. They 'pay-per-use' in china. If you ever listened to their financial report, its quite clear. Why is this a big deal??...well when swtor or gw2 or whatever sell 4million copies....ppl claims they are bad because they sold a lot less then Wow. But if GW2 sold 4 million (random example) in NA/Europe only and Blizz actually only has 4.5million subs in NA/Europe/Brazil/Oceania...the game are quite close.

Thats about it. Thats why so many 'haters' keep complaining about the sub numbers. As long as ppl bash other games/MMOs for having less subs then WoW....the haters will bash wow fanbois for defending 10million.
    and now you are comparing people who bought the game with subscribers

I don't think we have any idea how many people ever bought WoW