Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Cata gave us ultra hard heroics. lots of people left. lots. next thing you know, heroics are nerfed to the ground, and LFR hits earlier than originally intended (it was going to be a MoP feature). if enough people stop paying them money, Blizzard will do something, i guarantee you. this cash cow is too important to them now for them not to.
    Welcome to the challenges of designing a game for 10M people and trying to keep all of them happy. The roller coaster is never going to end until this game does.

Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Request that everyone gets back on topic for the thread. This is not a thread about CRZ technology either pro or con. So if that's what you want to talk about start yet another thread about that. If that's all we really have to talk about in this thread then it's time to close it - ML
    I understand you.

But the problem is that CR technology is directly related to the global health of a player population in Azeroth.

So the topics are linked.

CR technology negates the dwindling of single realm populations and single server populations were always the reason why single server MMO's ... Needed stable populations.

So the thread - from a players point of view at least - becomes rather irrelevant in the future.

That's the obvious link between these 2.

Agreed mod ?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I understand you.

But the problem is that CR technology is directly related to the global health of a player population in Azeroth.

CR technology negates the dwindling of single realm populations and single server populations were always the reason why single server MMO's ... Needed stable populations.

So the thread - from a players point of view at least - becomes rather irrelevant in the future.

Agreed mod ?
    Firstly are you seriously suggesting that everyone has to get SSD's to play WoW now and thats ok? Secondly, I fail to see how CRZ makes these threads meaningless. Even if it creates the illusion that loads of people are online the loss of income from any lost subs would most likely mean worse future content.

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    I think the question everyone in this thread should be asking is what relevance does knowing the current sub numbers have on anyone's lives?
    You obviously can't enjoy a game if it's not "cool". Duh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    That's when 5.2 hits PTR.

ah ok. The promo was misleading

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 12:02 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Huehuecoyotl View Post
    Cata gave us ultra hard heroics. lots of people left. lots. next thing you know, heroics are nerfed to the ground, and LFR hits earlier than originally intended (it was going to be a MoP feature). if enough people stop paying them money, Blizzard will do something, i guarantee you. this cash cow is too important to them now for them not to.

And we seen this from blizzard all through cata

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 12:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by BenBos View Post
    I understand you.

Agreed mod ?

I think the mod was pretty clear STOP DERAILING THE THREAD

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 12:04 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Attsey View Post
    Firstly are you seriously suggesting that everyone has to get SSD's to play WoW now and thats ok? Secondly, I fail to see how CRZ makes these threads meaningless. Even if it creates the illusion that loads of people are online the loss of income from any lost subs would most likely mean worse future content.
    make a new thread about it and stop derailing this one thanks

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 12:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by calmsea View Post
    I think the question everyone in this thread should be asking is what relevance does knowing the current sub numbers have on anyone's lives?
    People quiting seems to mean game mass game changes HOT heroics, LFR, SOR, AP and massive nerfs to content

---------- Post added 2012-12-21 at 12:23 PM ----------

Anyone know the dates q4 covers?
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2012-12-21 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meatboll View Post
    If the game was good they wouldn't need a sale.
    Do you really think Blizzard needs a sale ?

Rofl.

They always made sales on christmas, it's been like this for I don't even know how long.

and about the xfire crap, it's been talked about for ages, xfire shows quantity of hours played, and it has always diminished after release, because most players tend to play much more the first couple of weeks, and then just raid, do some dailies etc, they don't spend 10 hour a day online.

Deleted
    The question should be rephrased to
    "How many subscriber have access to my server?"

What does it matter if the the so called subscriptions are stable,
    but their earnings drop, you servers population drops, consequently
    support, service and update quality and quantity drops and only the
    number of bots keeps increasing?

CRZ lag will only get worse if Blizzard continues to refuse to use server merges
    to deal with low population realms. Player from more server will be
    clustered into one zone. Only more lag is to be expected, than already is given.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conscience View Post
    The question should be rephrased to
    "How many subscriber have access to my server?"

What does it matter if the the so called subscriptions are stable,
    but their earnings drop, you servers population drops, consequently
    support, service and update quality and quantity drops and only the
    number of bots keeps increasing?

CRZ lag will only get worse if Blizzard continues to refuse to use server merges
    to deal with low population realms. Player from more server will be
    clustered into one zone. Only more lag is to be expected, than already is given.

Also how many subs do they have in the west? damn sure not 10 million