Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Seran View Post
    Things you are intentionally ignoring, Xpac was released 3 months before Christmas, do you REALLY think they aren't going to have a Christmas sale on their newest expansion? Really?
    Uhhhhh did you buy the last two expansions? Wrath came out in November and Cata came out in December. Both of those were never discounted like MoP.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    When mope came out, Blizzard was all like "hey look we are over 10mil again!" But they haven't posted anything since then, and I wouldn't expect them to until their next conference call, which I am not sure when it is.

Indicators point to another fall in subs though, for what that's worth.
    ... And you are still here because...?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    You might as well give up and let people have their way. It has been like this forever. People will claim something like "subs dropped by a million" or "If you ask me it is 6 million tops" and then Blizzard releases a bumber of 9 or 10 million and people will post "They lie" or "They count this and that and they shouldn't".

WoW keeping unprecedented sub numbers over 8 years gets more flak than SWTOR starting with 2 mill and then plummeting to F2P in a year or Rift going from 600k to 250k. It just is like that. People like to see the mighty fall.

(source: http://mmodata.net/)
    Don't trust that site, since the trackbaser says WoW never went below 10million, which isnt true, not that i hate WoW, but thats a fact :P

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    Uhhhhh did you buy the last two expansions? Wrath came out in November and Cata came out in December. Both of those were never discounted like MoP.
    They weren't discounted for Christmas because they were just released. Pretty sure they were discounted a few months after release though.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 10:03 AM ----------

lmao. I can't access metacritic from work but really? An amazon review board, with 137 reviews, where more than half gave 4-5 stars...that's your evidence that "people are quitting in droves"? Thanks, I needed a good belly laugh.

Also I thought that Metacritic wasn't really taken seriously by anyone?
    Last edited by Dasffion; 2012-12-18 at 04:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Damax View Post
    6 of my guild are inactive so all their members quit the game... what?

no seriously I rerolled alliance on a different server so clearly I quit the game too because you can't see me in the guild we used to be together in! maybe you were part of the reason too...

my neighbor is dead because I haven't seen his car in a week, I mean his car was always there. LOGIX DUHR KE DUR

That was pure win. Seriously.

10+ Year Old Account
    It wouldn't surprise me if subs went up, because this expansion has had a lot of positive feedback in relation to Cataclysm, with the negative feedback being primarily limited to pvp and people whining about dailies. Nor would it surprise me if it went down, since subs often drop shortly after an expansion release for all the people that placed shortly after release to try it out with no intention of staying, or because they got to the cap and lost interest.

I think the relevant question isn't whether subs went up or down, but whether the number was a substantial change. That none of us can say except Blizzard; it's very hard to project from anecdotal evidence. My gut feeling is subs haven't changed all that much, whatever the direction of change may be.

Personally, I haven't had a single friend stop playing since the expansion started. That might not mean subs are stable or increasing, but it does mean I am enjoying playing with my friends a lot more!

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Quote Originally Posted by Dasffion View Post
    They weren't discounted for Christmas because they were just released. Pretty sure they were discounted a few months after release though.
    I dont recall them being discounted too shortly after like MoP has. The game was thriving with a lot of momentum going into each expansion.

The sales to me seem like something owners do with a bad sports team. Nobody is willing to pay full price to see a bad product so the owner drops the price of tickets so they can make some money over none.

Quote Originally Posted by Necrosaro123 View Post
    Did you even read the Amazon reviews? don't troll please.
    Do I need to read the reviews? Even if they were all bad 137/10000000= 0.000000137% How is that trolling? That is telling you that you're not providing evidence.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 10:25 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fagatronics View Post
    I dont recall them being discounted too shortly after like MoP has. The game was thriving with a lot of momentum going into each expansion.

The sales to me seem like something owners do with a bad sports team. Nobody is willing to pay full price to see a bad product so the owner drops the price of tickets so they can make some money over none.
    You may not remember that doesn't mean that they didn't. Games are discounted all the time though, even extremely popular games. It doesn't make them bad.

Deleted
    are people surprised subs will drop a bit? its normal for the subs to peak just after an expac release, then drop again, people act like this means the game is failing. its to be expected.

Our guild had to split off a new guild for crafting alts to keep under the 1000 person member cap. And we're bumping up it again, from all the people returning to play.

Anecdotal evidence is anecdotal.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those who think blizzard is advertising to much and think WoW is losing subs thats the reason they do it, i think Blizzard is being very clever.
    Nowadays gamers will wait with buying a game, because they wanne hear the feedback.
    And blizzard is delivering the feedback in these commercials like 'best expansion yet' thats a big positive feedback which can grab new and old players.

Blizzard isn't stupid

Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    are people surprised subs will drop a bit? its normal for the subs to peak just after an expac release, then drop again, people act like this means the game is failing. its to be expected.
    Actually that didn't happen with TBC or Wrath only Cata.

10+ Year Old Account
    Subs will go up, but only because of the increased number of under age players and teenagers, right now on LA realms, the number of players has increased, but now you can see a lot of trolls on the trade channel. The mature community has lowered, and because of that, the number of successful attempts on raid bosses and random heroics, also you can hear those childish voices on the Raidcall and Ventrilo every time we are going to do a raid (different guilds). The problem will come after January when those guys enter school or when they have to pay the subs.

Most of the negative reviews on most pages (posted above) are from mature players and old WoW veterans who are already tired of the game.
    That sounds like a lot of random conjecture to me. It is reaching enough to project subs without any legitimate data whateversoever, it's even more ridiculous to start talking about demographics of trolls and "mature" players among the current subscriptions. Subscriptions are at least something we can eventually get hard data on from Blizzard, while bizarre claims like that will never have a source because that's not even something one can track.

Personally, I require something more than "some random dude on the internet said so" as citation.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Most of the negative reviews on most pages (posted above) are from mature players and old WoW veterans who are already tired of the game.
    Most of the Amazon reviews are from people who didn't even purchase the game, which is pretty scandalous that Amazon still allows. A bunch of keyboard warriors who hate WoW because it trounced their own pet game take to the forums for "revenge". You can see proof in the fact that any positive, average written positive review of Pandaria has 40 or more "unhelpful" marks on it.

There are lots of people who want to hurt this game, pure and simple. Which is different from saying, "hey, WoW is not for me" and doing something else and moving along. Maybe people who feel powerless in their lives get some sort of weird satisfaction in doing this. I'm sure some of them are in this thread.
    Help control the population. Have your blood elf spayed or neutered.

*snip*
    lol, that's still not anywhere close to evidence that people are leaving in droves. First off your 3 and 4 examples aren't even that unhappy with the game. 3/5 is certainly no indication that anyone is going to leave. 4/5 most definitely isn't. As for the 1/5 even if you add up every single vote for all the 1/5's and assume that they're all individual people and not the same people voting for every post that's only 876 or 0.000000876%

It seems to me that blizzard is focusing more on PVP this expansion
    And with that sentence, that review lost all credibility.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

Subs always fall after an expansion release. So yeah, it'll be less than their previously stated number.
    RETH

Deleted
    I think the next numbers will be for Q4 2012 and will come in early february. So you still have some time to wait.

It's all about reading posts, read this one (High voted....for a reason of course):

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/6713582814

Many others on the battle.net forums every day.
    I'm going to try this one more time because you just don't seem to be getting it. A few hundred people, or even a few thousand, being unhappy with the game is not evidence that people are leaving in droves. Not with a game this size.

Quote Originally Posted by Dundebuns View Post
    Subs always fall after an expansion release. So yeah, it'll be less than their previously stated number.
    As I stated earlier, the subs never fell immediately after the release of TBC or Wrath. In fact, they went up. Cata is the only exception.