Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Personality Type and choosing your WoW class

Any correlation between the two? I thought I remembered reading a post somewhere about it. Maybe someone can help out.

All constructive input appreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by Lawlapalooza View Post
    Any correlation between the two? I thought I remembered reading a post somewhere about it. Maybe someone can help out.

All constructive input appreciated.
    Do you think Michael Vick ever leveled a hunter?

Deleted
    I have every class and for the races .. i do not make elves of any kind, trolls , draenei, gnome/dwarves ( just because i prefer others to these ) and goblins.

I am the type who wants the best and want to look the best ergo why i didnt use those pooppy classes up there apart from gnomes and dwarves .

I doubt it. I play all of the classes, and I enjoy every role equally. Granted I started out as a healer, and that is what I call myself, this role does not fit my personality. As an INTJ on the Myers-Briggs test, I think being a dps or a tank would fit me better. A healer would definitely be a feeling, sensing person, while I am a thinking, intuitive person. A tank would need to know the mechanics inside and out, as well as know how to balance threat, mitigation and damage dealt. Dps also falls under this umbrella. Do note that this is all my personal observation and not fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Socialhealer View Post
    judging 25man raiding by LFR standards saying it requires no coordination, is like saying 5mans require cheese sandwiches because i like turtles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not really.

I'm no holy roller, but I do like playing paladins.
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

Deleted
    Doubtful. I played with a friend who only had a rogue and he was a nice guy. He even felt sad when he had to kill mobs in an underhand way in quests.

Then again maybe he was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Bokor View Post
    Doubtful. I played with a friend who only had a rogue and he was a nice guy. He even felt sad when he had to kill mobs in an underhand way in quests.

Then again maybe he was weird.
    So you think he just lives a life full of backstabbing and gouging people's eyes like a parodic member of the Three Stooges?

... or does he just carry smoke bombs around everywhere he goes?

10+ Year Old Account
    I love my pets IRL, and I'm a hunter

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't know what made me roll a Paladin, I'm more of a skulker IRL, Rogue class ought to appeal to me. But I like the idea of a holy warrior dispersing justice.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...trife/advanced
    WoW: Winterstrife, Level 120 Human Paladin | ESO: Strife Valor, CP 610 Dunmer Magblade | GW2: Inquisitor Strife, Level 80 Human Renegede.

if you are the imersive type, than there should be.

if you just play whatever people tell you it's best, than no.

if you just play whatever you find cooler, than there may be a correlation or not. some people like things that match them well, while others like things that are completely different from them.

sometimes when I have nothing to do, I like to look at people I know and imagine which class they'd be if they played WoW
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    @bionics:
    I heard he's pretty good at pet battles...

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Google "WoW personality test"

I took 2 and ended up being a rogue for both. I have 3 different rogues lol.
    Why is there no "Demonhunter" hero class yet? He was only the coolest hero in WC3. Get busy Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evi1Toad View Post
    Google "WoW personality test"

I took 2 and ended up being a rogue for both. I have 3 different rogues lol.
    Those personality tests are misleading. You always sort of know which answers are the more.. warriory, as opposed to priestly.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Could you be more specific?

Are you talking about the Meyer-Briggs Personality test, just a general overview of what someone thinks their personality is like versus what their main toon is, or perhaps if they think their character's personality matches their own?

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have an 85 or higher for every class, but my level 19 Monk. I have multiple races. I play on both factions.

Clearly my personality type based on this assessment should be: Schizophrenic.

If think you may be Schizophrenic, you can start with any race or class and with time, hard work, and dedication you will find yourself as crazy as I am.

Deleted
    If there were any truth to it I would have to be playing a Destruction Warlock.

Quote Originally Posted by Voyager View Post
    If there were any truth to it I would have to be playing a Destruction Warlock.
    why? because you wish you were a fire mage? lol
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    why? because you wish you were a fire mage? lol
    A green fire mage! (soon...)
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

10+ Year Old Account
    There could be some correlation if we narrowed it down to your "main", but only if we eliminate those who min/max for progression. When classes were more unique (BC... once shaman/paladin were no longer limited to single faction) you could argue "this class/playstyle just fits my personality best". Currently, you could argue that the role you prefer to play is a good indication of your personality.

I chose a warrior, because I enjoyed melee the most in WoW's gameplay(I was enhance shaman and rogue before sticking with warrior). However, looking at how I tend to play in multiplayer shooters, like Battlefield, I most often favor concealment and long range over close quarters. So you'd think hunter or mage would be ideal for me if my personality had anything to do with my class of choice, yet I've had my hunter stuck in level 69 for years and I've never had a mage character I didn't delete pretty soon after creation.