Deleted

Sha Heroic (Platform-run)

Is there a video that explains how to run on the platforms?
    I used the Addon : http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/shaoffearassist.

Yesterday a was 3 times on one of the platforms. The north one was tricky and I died because the green zone where I was standing changed fast to red and then I was down. Has anyone experience in how to manage the platform-run?

Deleted
    You have to run in advance before the segment opposite you turns green or you'll die cos as you say the one you're on goes orange and red so fast you'll likely die waiting for green then moving. the segment opposite you goes red twice so count it 1 red, 2 red then run through boss and it will turn green when you are on it

Hope that made sense ask if you need me to clarify more
    Last edited by mmoc99820f6c0c; 2012-12-18 at 08:37 AM.

Deleted
    Thanks Heri,
    is this only for the north platform that you have do run through the boss after the opposite site turned the second time red or can you use this "runbehavior" on all plattform? It would be easier to move everywhere the same way...

Edit: do you have to run back through the boss after you ran through the boss and stayed for one shoot in the green section?
    Last edited by mmoce53620b473; 2012-12-18 at 08:54 AM.

Deleted
    What I said applies to the middle and right platform. The left you just move right once so pretty easy. As for your other question have the DBM dread spray timer nice and visible, move through the boss wait for dread spray to end then spend the next 5 seconds collecting orbs (depending on your role) then move back to the starting position on green and rinse and repeat. Also it helps if you Los death blossom behind a pillar on the same side as the starting position as the next dread spray after death blossom is really quick. That would be right pillar on left platform and left pillar on middle and right platform.

Good luck, we killed it last night - very fun fight but so glad the tier is over

There was a video on youtube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n4YVfUcdyq4

This explains how to run to not get hit

Deleted
    GZ,
    we started pulling yesterday...

Deleted
    Holy crap, all of you are over-complicating this, jesus christ.
    http://i45.tinypic.com/33joewn.jpg
    That's how we did it. Since it's in swedish I'll explain, on the first platform (left, guoshi) you just stand on the black arrow, and after 3 shot (2 shot right of you), you just move to that slice.
    On the back shrine, yang, you stand one slice left of the entrace, and after the first shot you move one slice to the right.
    And on the last shrine, the right one, with kun, you start on the 3 o clock slice, aka on the green dot. After you've been hit ONCE, move to the slice left of you.
    This minimizes movement, and makes it much easier.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by axzer View Post
    That's how we did it. Since it's in swedish I'll explain, on the first platform (left, guoshi) you just stand on the black arrow, and after 3 shot (2 shot right of you), you just move to that slice.
    On the back shrine, yang, you stand one slice left of the entrace, and after the first shot you move one slice to the right.
    And on the last shrine, the right one, with kun, you start on the 3 o clock slice, aka on the green dot. After you've been hit ONCE, move to the slice left of you.
    Except you're supposed to move everytime to grab the orbs.

Deleted
    What's simpler than moving right once on the left platform and through the boss once on the middle and right platform? Hard game. Your way you get hit yes defo better. Do you help with orbs at all? No thought not.

As a healer I can assure you it's better if you don't get hit cos if the whole group require healing I won't be collecting orbs whilst this way no one gets hit everyone gets orbs and its the same simple 1 move tactic. Ah logic.
    Last edited by mmoc99820f6c0c; 2012-12-18 at 12:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    Depends, most guild have tanks grab the vast majority of them. If your tank is good you shouldn't need to pick up many at all.

Deleted
    We tanks pick up pretty much every orb, with dps only taking orbs close. Getting hit once in exchange for pretty much 99% stand still dps is worth it, since you gain more from it. The dps pretty much never picks up any orbs this way, and if they do it's the feral/hunter most of the time.

But yeah, I have no clue. People with no clue kills this boss on heroic, dat logic.

People truly overestimate the movement required on the platforms. I think using an add-on for it is ultimately pointless, and even makes it unnecessarily complex.

Our guild does the platforms quite similarly to yours except for the right one. It is possible to stand in the top right (left behind the panda looking from the entrance) slice and either do a full circle clockwise if you so prefer or simply move through the boss after few shots while sticking bit to the left to avoid accidental hits. If you stand quite close then the movement required for running through him is minimal and you don't get hit at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Djouga View Post
    We have the tanks picking up most of the orbs along with the healers taking the ones near the main group. Healers can utilize to possibility of simply running a circle clockwise on the back and the right platforms in order to pick orbs from a greater area if necessary. There is no add-on required for that either. If you have the correct position then you just run left whenever there is a shot to your left. Tanks take all the orbs that they can even if it means they get hit.

Deleted
    We tanks pick up pretty much every orb, with dps only taking orbs close. Getting hit once in exchange for pretty much 99% stand still dps is worth it, since you gain more from it. The dps pretty much never picks up any orbs this way, and if they do it's the feral/hunter most of the time.

But yeah, I have no clue. People with no clue kills this boss on heroic, dat logic.
    'Ang about I never said you were clueless but don't you see that essentially we are saying the same thing, we both move once except I don't take a hit and you do. I just don't understand why you would take a hit when you don't have too. Especially as if you take 2 hits you get feared. Maybe I'm misunderstanding and If I am I apologise but do all your dps then sit in fear every other dread spray? I don't remember how long the debuff lasts tbf. Either way it's the same time moving so why would you take a hit when you don't have to. Dat logic
    Last edited by mmoc99820f6c0c; 2012-12-18 at 02:10 PM.

Deleted
    You take 1 hit on 2 of the platforms, we never get feared. The only people getting feared is the tanks sometimes. If you are going to move through you have to move a bit more, due to hitbox and how big the spray hits are aswell.

Deleted
    Lol you're talking the slimmest of margins here. I guarantee you don't get more dps you are talking a fraction of a second more movement as I tuck myself so the arrow on sha assist is nearly on top of the boss. You weigh that against 4 people going to under half health the healer having to heal up and not collect orb which I know you say is not needed but it helps. Especially as they regen a nice chunk of mana each. I don't see how that's worth it but each to their own

Deleted
    Our healers have no mana problems, all we want is the extra dps. And with tank running around picking up orbs like a maniac on the other side, it gets pretty hard to shred infront of the boss aswell. Or anything that has a positional requirement from the back.

Deleted
    That makes a lot more sense about the positional requirement.