Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by chaud View Post
    Their armory only lists the same 5 versions that we have.
    Stick to computers bro. API isn't updated yet to show true variables.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Stick to computers bro. API isn't updated yet to show true variables.
    Take a closer look. The armory shows the same versions we have (516) and player tooltips show what the gear is in game. 524 and 2/4 upgrade.

Quote Originally Posted by Bantokar View Post
    Holy class stacking batman
    Not exactly new news, who brings melee to actual real progression unless they are there to eat something off the boss or taunt.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 08:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    Player A (level 90) attacks Player B (level 30)
    Weird, I'm seeing Player vs Player.

Just because it's dishonorable and cowardly doesn't mean it's not PvP.

So goddamn stupid that people are complaining about getting killed on a realm that is supposed to allow such things. Guess that's what PvP turned into when the zones were dead, before CRZ. PvE realm leveling with some occasional pvp in Pandaria. Guess these are the one's who constantly cry in the Jade Forest general chat.

Roll PvE or deal with it.
    LOL that is like a grown man beating up a child and then being ignorant enough to brag about it. You take stupidity to a new level.

Maaan, grats to those guys; always feels great to down a boss with just a couple people left alive.

Also, ganking is pvp. It's unfair but it's still pvp and always has been. If that thought makes you cry, then you may want to consider transferring to a pve server.

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Ok then paragon should not be world first because there a 10man guild and should be counted for the 10man bracket only. Give it up really a world first kill is a world first kill simple as that don't like it o well the fact still stands its a world first kill.

Unless there was a exploit done then it is a clean world first kill.
    They are completely and utterly different situations. 10 man guilds and 25 man guilds on US and EU realms have no real advantage over each other(other than EU getting patches later, but that's a whole different matter). This tier - like most of Cataclysm - is pretty well balanced between the two raid sizes. There are some fights that are easier on 10 man and some fights that are easier on 25 man. It's never going to be perfect, but 10 vs 25 is about as close to being balanced as it can ever be.

Asian guilds are at a distinct advantage now because not only is their loot 8 ilevels higher than the loot in US and EU, they get two lockouts per week so they gear up twice as fast. You cannot compare two brackets with an entirely different rule set that heavily, heavily, heavily favors one over the other.

Nobody is taking away from the kill. That fight is a beast and even with all the advantages they have they barely pulled it off and I can't wait to see a video(if they ever release one). But you can't compare Asian kills to US and EU kills because they play by a completely and utterly different rule set that favors the Asian guilds.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 09:52 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    LOL that is like a grown man beating up a child and then being ignorant enough to brag about it. You take stupidity to a new level.
    In my defense that baby was kind of being a dick.

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    it appears that china also never got fire nerfs.. :O
    5.1 fire pre nerf would've been at 300k/+ here ... its 24/7 spread on targets that get healed back to 100% anyways & dmgbuffs
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

"Grats for being first among asian guilds. Their ranking should remain sperate since they have 2x lockouts each week (aka 2x loot) and a bit increased difficulty in 25 man (8% health and dmg)."

Grats for being WORLD FIRST, period. Since no US or EU guild is anywhere near within 8% of killing it, quite a feat, grats.

Hey, if 10 man kills are counted as wf's now just because a guild changed their minds on it's difficulty (imaginarily so even), then this is a world first, no matter how the haters try to spin it.

Those that can't do, hate.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

Quote Originally Posted by Dazzy View Post
    Grats for being WORLD FIRST, period. Since no US or EU guild is anywhere near within 8% of killing it, quite a feat, grats.
    Maybe because the severe nerfs just went into effect a couple hours ago and most US raiding guilds don't raid at 8AM PST(when the nerfs went live, unless I'm wrong on the raid reset timers) and I don't think it's even live in the EU yet.

And how do you know no guilds were within 8% of killing it before today's nerfs? Guilds don't tend to post news saying, "Missed it by THAT MUCH!"

Deleted
    Do bosses on Chinese servers have higher stats to compensate for the inflated iLv they are getting on 25 man difficulty? Otherwise you can't really count Chinese guilds in the race for World Firsts anymore since they have access to stronger gear (even if only slightly).

Quote Originally Posted by Aritra View Post
    Do bosses on Chinese servers have higher stats to compensate for the inflated iLv they are getting on 25 man difficulty? Otherwise you can't really count Chinese guilds in the race for World Firsts anymore since they have access to stronger gear (even if only slightly).
    They have 8% health and (I think) do 8% more damage. Their gear is 8 ilevel higher, but the REAL advantage in races is having two raid lockouts per week, giving your raid twice the gear as US and EU guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Aritra View Post
    8% hp 8% dmg
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    You're full of shit honey.

I'm so out of the loop, no clue what those bosses even are.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    what pathethic is , is that it is YOUR choice to level on a PvP server. They give you enouch choice to NOT level on a PvP server. If you do not wish to be ganked , roll a PvE server. And yes that is THE answer. I leveled my monk from 1-90 through questing , and yes i got ganked , i got killed by 5 90s but what ever. I sucked it up and just logged my hunter or my shaman and do stuff in that chars. When i am on a 90 char and i am bored yes i hunt around and seek low levels to kill them. What else is there to do when your bored?

Saying it is pathethic from blizzard side if just complete bullshit , you are the one and only pathethic guy who can't handle his own shit. If you do not like PvP why roll a fucking PvP server? Ofc if your sorry ass is in SW or Shrine all day long it is no problem , but don't expect me to leave you alone when your out in the open.
    All I'm reading here is waaaah I get owned in arena and bgs waaah I wish I had skill I'm so bored but I can't fight people my own level cause they cheat waaaahhhh.

Quote Originally Posted by Farora View Post
    I'm so out of the loop, no clue what those bosses even are.
    They're the super saiyan mode bosses of this tier. They have like nine total difficulties. LFR, 10 man normal, 10 man normal elite, 10 man heroic, 10 man heroic elite. 25 man normal, 25 man normal elite, 25 man heroic, 25 man heroic elite.

The bosses gain abilities and extra damage as you kill them, and killing them in a certain order("elite mode") gives you higher ilevel loot(tagged as "elite" for normal mode or "heroic elite" for heroic mode). It's basically a more fleshed out version of the Iron Council encounter in Ulduar. Heroic Elite mode was generally regarded as unkillable until some nerfs that went live today, because if you did the elite mode by the time you got to the last boss their AoE was pumping out 300K+ damage every three seconds to everyone in the raid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Quote Originally Posted by isadorr View Post
    I don't even...? When did I...?

So what if it's like a "grown man beating up a child"? It's still PvP. Regardless of how unfair it is.

And you call me stupid.
    Last edited by MasterHamster; 2012-12-18 at 11:28 PM.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

10+ Year Old Account
    PvP = Player vs Player = Level 90 vs Level 1.

That is the very basic definition of what PvP is and Blizzard agrees with this. So long as it is one player fighting another player, it doesn't matter if one of the players is invulnerable to all damage, can stay permanently invisible and one shot everything within 100 yards.

Most of you are saying a Level 90 vs a level 1 is just unfair and it is slaughter. While I completely agree it is unfair and it is slaughter since the level 1 has a 0% chance of winning it is still one player fighting another player. The very instant one player attacks another it becomes PvP. Stop changing the definition of PvP to suit your argument :-\

Quote Originally Posted by MasterHamster View Post
    I don't even...? When did I...?

So what if it's like a "grown man beating up a child"? It's still PvP. Regardless of how unfair it is.

And you call me stupid.
    This person understands, if a grown man beats up a child it would still be PvP. The child has no chance of winning, but it is still PvP :P

Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    They're the super saiyan mode bosses of this tier. They have like nine total difficulties. LFR, 10 man normal, 10 man normal elite, 10 man heroic, 10 man heroic elite. 25 man normal, 25 man normal elite, 25 man heroic, 25 man heroic elite.
    Imagine if they all had individual lockouts.

I have little or no sympathy for the whiners complaining about world pvp with one exception which I will detail in a bit.

I played WoW when it was actually a MMO. I played when it could take 10 to 15 min to hand in a quest in STV due to all the ganking, usually by equal level players from the opposite faction, going on. I played when players would come from around Kalimdor to defend the lowbies at Crossroads who were being tormented by 1 or 2 max level alliance players. I played when if you were getting ganked by that one complete idiot max level guy in a lowbie zone you either logged on to another character, spirit rezzed and headed to another area (because contrary to popular belief you don't absolutely have to finish the particular quest you are on this exact moment) and/or you logged onto your max level character and got a few friends and camped the bully until he got tired of it.

And guess what...I sucked at pvp and still enjoyed it.

But Blizzard destroyed world pvp mostly do to their blind desire to appease the lowest common denominator and instituting features designed to cater to the crowd who wants everything handed to them on a silver platter. But the lesson they have failed to learn from Cata is that you can't put the genie back in the bottle. You can't create true herooic dungeons because you have devalued the worth of 5 mans and created a generation of players lacking both skill, patience, work ethic and teamwork.

Expecting this crowd, the majority of the current player base, to have to tag their own mobs, compete for resources or tolerate getting ganked was a miscalculation similar to "real" Cata heroics.

That being said, I always thought defending the appropriateness of the one max level idiot in Tarren Mills ganking lowbies was a bit of a stretch. The solution to the current problem, and to placate the whiners, is actually to steal another idea from another MMO. In GW2 when you enter a lower level zone you are scaled to the level of the zone. Of course you still have more tools to works (skills & resistance etc) but the fight is a lot more fair and if 1 lowbie couldn't kill you then at least 2 or 3 would be able to where in WoW 30 don't stand a chance.

That's the solution though I doubt blizzard will ever do it.
    Last edited by Sensa; 2012-12-19 at 02:08 AM.

Deleted
    Noob question but why lol do the Chinese and Koreans get upgraded loot?

it's true that Asian server get 8grade higher than other server, but China server got 1 week delay in upgrading to 5.0.5 and for all raid bosses. euro and american sever get 1 week more loot than than China server. so, for the top guild around the world, their item level only have a silightly difference.