Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    For those worried about Light of the Cosmos.. you can just cast Flame Strike to proc it.

TBH I don't know why you would be frost for this fight if you are having trouble with it as fire vastly outperforms frost for it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wind bomb is the best on thta fight

Definitely. All mages should take wind bomb for this fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Why 12*9% in 13,5s? NT lasts 12 seconds and is instant, only FB has the recast-delay. On average, NT actually gives slightly more procs.
    NT has a 1.5s GCD, so the 12s duration+ 1.5s GCD would be 13.5s. You have to account for the GCD on it as you aren't doing anything else during that time.
    FB has a 1s GCD but due to having a cast time you are not impaired by it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

No, because the GCD is during the 12s duration. Besides, you also lose the exact same amount of time every time you cast Frost Bomb.

The GCD isn't lost, it's simply the "cast time" for NT. If NT had no GCD, it would be a vastly superior option in all situations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    No, because the GCD is during the 12s duration. Besides, you also lose the exact same amount of time every time you cast Frost Bomb.

The GCD isn't lost, it's simply the "cast time" for NT. If NT had no GCD, it would be a vastly superior option in all situations.
    Yes, and when that bomb expires, guess what 99.999% of mages will do? That's right, refresh it. This is where the 13.5s comes in as you have the lack of dps on recast for that extra 1.5s due to GCD. FB GCD starts during the cast so it's not time spent doing nothing due to being GCD locked, you are making use of that time casting FB.
    This isn't rocket science.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

So what? What's your point? You're not spending the GCD doing nothing. You spent it casting NT. FB having a cast time in addition to using the GCD is worse, especially since the FB CD doesn't start until the cast is finished.

I just hope you never build a rocket.