Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I prefer putting my /petattack macro in my AMOC over Kill Command - I know for a fact that if I throw AMOC up, the target is going to live for a long time, which means my pet will have 100% uptime. Likewise, if I click it while it's on CD, it's just a normal /petattack, and even if it's NOT on CD, having 60+ focus to use it is quite rare.
    This means I can just leave my pet on whatever target I want, while it hits it with KC's - if I need it to switch to an orb, I just press AMOC button, followed by KC button.

Quote Originally Posted by Hallu View Post
    There really is no need for Blink Strike on Elegon because the pet travel time is almost 0. It's only the very first spark that your pet will waddle to, but you can kill that one without your pet tbh. After the first spark when you send your pet back on the boss, he will stand right in front of the upcoming sparks.

Spec aMoC, not Blink Strike.
    if he got trouble with the orbs, he certainly should NOT spec into AMoC.. ever..

AMoC may be the best dps talent, but the orbs is nothing about dps, it's about BURST.. where BS is the best talent. also, his pet will most likely be hitting elegon, and while the 1 second it takes the pet to turn around and run to the orb may seem like little, that 1 sec can be the defirence during the 4'th or 5'th orb that makes all the defirence. and the orbs got around 500k hp, so an instant 100-120k from BS is a nice over a dot. and with 20 sec cd he have it up for every second orb, making his life a lot easyer.

/massive multiple facepalms.. I think they are doing it to annoy you tehstool lol.

K, ashll, ignore the trolls/idiots. Listen to what tehstool said. And damn I didn't even look at his armory, I assumed it was all fine. But sooo many issues. Must. Refrain. From. More. Facepalms.

So, having trouble with the first orb ? Go with blink strike or seriously consider quitting raiding. Which is not the case here so don't worry. OP said he's having issues with the 4th and 5th set, which is fine and we can help fix it if he's willing to listen:

1. Do not go with blink strike. It will destroy the orbs, yes. But he will sacrifice his overall dps for no reason. Like I said, he's not having THAT much trouble.

2. Save up focus and make sure to have it at full when orbs spawn, throw an explosive trap on elegon if you want to min/max during downtime (ONLY during downtime, don't bother with it once the orbs have spawned). Don't bother with serpent sting on the orb, open with KC and use tehstool's macro to do it. Use Bestial Wrath for the last orb. It'll be back up when the floor respawns.

3. Uptime on the dmg buff needs to increase. Try to find that sweet spot where you can jump to reset, but if you can't in the first try, don't bother fidgeting and wasting time trying to do so. Just step back, reset after every orb and get back in.

Tehstool pretty much went over all the armory issues. Replace that trinket asap. Get any random heroic trinket and it'll be better, and keep running LFR for the elegon trinket. If he has some gold, buy the DMF trinket asap. They are like 8k or cheaper now.

Tinker, Tinker, Tinker. Those synapse springs are a HUGE bonus. Macro them into BW. And replace the normal glove enchant too. Go with expertise, haste is balls. And replace the bracer enchant as well. Get the Agility enchant. I'd also replace the glove gem with a full agi delicate red.

After all that, tell him to go to wowreforge.com and reforge his gear properly. He isn't Hit OR Exp capped. And gotta get rid of mining. I dunnu how focused on progression you guys are, but if you're even half serious about killing bosses, never allow any raid member to keep a gathering prof. Exception could be made for mining as a tank, even then other profs are better.

Quote Originally Posted by Garkanh View Post
    if he got trouble with the orbs, he certainly should NOT spec into AMoC.. ever..

AMoC may be the best dps talent, but the orbs is nothing about dps, it's about BURST.. where BS is the best talent. also, his pet will most likely be hitting elegon, and while the 1 second it takes the pet to turn around and run to the orb may seem like little, that 1 sec can be the defirence during the 4'th or 5'th orb that makes all the defirence. and the orbs got around 500k hp, so an instant 100-120k from BS is a nice over a dot. and with 20 sec cd he have it up for every second orb, making his life a lot easyer.
    Can I ask you nicely to please stop advocating the use of blink strike on elegon? Thanks!

There really is no reason to do that. I as a hunter when MV was the only raid out and with a 463 bow did not need to use CDs or blink strike at all. With his higher gear score and better bow he shouldn't need to use blink strike.

Just refer to my 2 other posts on why he shouldn't use blink strike.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    I prefer putting my /petattack macro in my AMOC over Kill Command - I know for a fact that if I throw AMOC up, the target is going to live for a long time, which means my pet will have 100% uptime. Likewise, if I click it while it's on CD, it's just a normal /petattack, and even if it's NOT on CD, having 60+ focus to use it is quite rare.
    This means I can just leave my pet on whatever target I want, while it hits it with KC's - if I need it to switch to an orb, I just press AMOC button, followed by KC button.
    That is true and I agree. Ideally you want to manually command your pet, since there are situations where it's better to leave your pet on a certain target (Will, S kings etc). And you don't even need to use a macro for it in that case. Ctrl + 1 = petattack. Unless you have that bound to something else. But that is more advanced min/maxing. I doubt the hunter in question is at that stage, which is why macroing it into KC is the better route.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Can I ask you nicely to please stop advocating the use of blink strike on elegon? Thanks!

There really is no reason to do that. I as a hunter when MV was the only raid out and with a 463 bow did not need to use CDs or blink strike at all. With his higher gear score and better bow he shouldn't need to use blink strike.

Just refer to my 2 other posts on why he shouldn't use blink strike.
    dude stop posting pleace.

i'm nowhere saying people NEED blink strike for it.

but the OP says their hunter got trouble on the fight.. so where is it your brain fail to see that an abillity with a 20 seccond cooldown and 120k damage-on-demand will not help HIM. not hunters in gereral, but HIM, since HE got trouble with it for some reason?

we are not talking about YOU, so leave the thread and stop thinking YOU are in focus, you are not. That you have no trouble with the fight using AMoC doesn't change that he does.

it was a friendly advice, nothing ells.
    Last edited by Garkanh; 2012-12-18 at 02:26 PM.

Deleted
    dude stop posting pleace.

i'm nowhere saying people NEED blink strike for it.

but the OP says their hunter got trouble on the fight.. so where is it your brain fail to see that an abillity with a 20 seccond cooldown and 120k damage-on-demand will not help HIM. not hunters in gereral, but HIM, since HE got trouble with it for some reason?

we are not talking about YOU, so leave the thread and stop thinking YOU are in focus, you are not. That you have no trouble with the fight using AMoC doesn't change that he does.

it was a friendly advice, nothing ells.
    Why do u wanna help him by teaching him to take a skill (Blink Strike) and use that and lower his overall dps? Aint it better to teach him the macros and other stuff so he can both perform better in the whole fight and kill the sparks?? Tehstool talking about him was a comparison. He had lower ilevel adn a worse bow and managed to kill sparks without Blink Strike. He didnt post that to boost his ego.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Bad advice. He doesn't need to go SV if they know bm. He also doesn't need to use CDs. On H I don't even need to use CDs and I sure as hell didn't need to on normal with a 463 bow and just about the same gear as him. The only CD he really should use is BW because the transition takes 1+ minute. Also blink strike as SV? We're trying to increase his dps here.

Just use my macro and then go

KC
    GT
    AS spam

make sure you cap your focus by using dire beast and cobra shots on the boss before he spawns the adds so you can easily kill the sparks.

Edit: you can also pre place your traps to get extra damage on the sparks and elegon.

If he has problems, he obviously needs too. I know that if you play good, you don't need to, but since he did need help and since he didn't make it, why not use cooldowns, if that's the only problem on the boss? Also, doing the LnL ice trap thing works pretty good if you have problems doing it, and survival is good for multi-dotting 3 sparks with multi-shot.

And as I understood it - he didn't need an increase in overall dps, just the sparks. But of course he shouldn't use blink strike if that's not the case.

I love how people are talking about overall dps when its a question of killing orbs. So foolish.

Quote Originally Posted by Zurgan View Post
    Why do u wanna help him by teaching him to take a skill (Blink Strike) and use that and lower his overall dps? Aint it better to teach him the macros and other stuff so he can both perform better in the whole fight and kill the sparks?? Tehstool talking about him was a comparison. He had lower ilevel adn a worse bow and managed to kill sparks without Blink Strike. He didnt post that to boost his ego.
    simply because it wasn't a question about him increasing his overall dps, but a question about him not being able to burst down the orbs.

if they ask: how do i count 2+2, telling them how to divide 128748 with 317 isn't werry helpfull.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I love how people are talking about overall dps when its a question of killing orbs. So foolish.
    Even with 6-6 it'll hardly matter if he's doing no significant DPS outside of it. It's about balancing burst and overall DPS capacity outside of Straight Six/Orbs.

Blink Strike would ease his orb transition, but seeing the other DPS aren't stellar either, I'd advise against crippling his overall DPS. The tips given here should be more than sufficient for him to deal with at least 5 waves, without using anything but short cooldowns.

Still, it looks to me more like Healers are struggling with the nuke phase. Those attempts where you got to that phase, the DPS looked OK-ish. At least it should be sufficient enough to down him before the enrage. I think that if you can avoid untimely deaths, you'll nail this.

Are you using the Straight Six strategy to avoid being zerged by sparks? Looks like most of your wipes came at the hands of them. Place one of the tanks on your Hunter his pylon.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2012-12-18 at 03:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I love how people with little to no analytical skill and knowledge are trying to argue against people who know what they're talking about. People who don't bother looking at armories and logs and just see buzz words in a post and react mindlessly. "Orbs ? did he say trouble with orbs ? BLINK STRIKE!" Not paying attention to what the real issue is and the reason WHY he's having trouble. AMG BLINK STRIKE KEELZ DEM ORBS! If you don't know what you're talking about then simply state your 'friendly advice' and leave it at that.

His overall dps IS low. He could be doing much more for his gear. You'd know that if you bothered to look at the logs the OP posted. And here you want to lower it further by making him take blink strike.

Now if he listens to people like you, he'd kill the orbs, he'd do less dps, his guild will continue to wipe due to healers going oom cuz of lack of dps. If he listens to the other people and fixes the issues with his gear, reforges/enchants properly, uses the right macro, manages his focus properly, he will STILL kill the required orbs. While also doing more overall dps which would in turn help his guild kill not only elegon but more bosses.

And once again, if you bothered to read properly you'd know that the op said he's having trouble with the FOURTH and FIFTH orbs and NOT orbs 1-3. If he can kill orbs 1-3 no problem, that means he is capable of killing them by himself without needing an extra ability. He just needs to plan things out better.

I'm sure the OP is smart enough to decipher what's complete nonsense on this thread and what's helpful advice. Take those points and share them with your hunter and things should be a lot better.

Deleted
    this guy wants help on orbs.

to do this he should sort out what shots he is doing not change spec.

keep the best DPS spec overall and then do the correct shots on orbs (making sure he is inside) and it is a win win.

anyone saying blink strike clearly hasn't touched HC elegon.

Quick look of the 9min+ trys, he could do more dps by :

- capping hit/exp
    - standing in the buff a normal amount of time, like 85% (you only need to jump once per protector and per charge).
    - using Readiness ( 4 times a night is loooooow )
    - using BW like.... every minute
    - using Rapid Fire a bit more

At this point, I'm sure he can remove Focus Fire from his rotation and see no difference.

Deleted
    simply because it wasn't a question about him increasing his overall dps, but a question about him not being able to burst down the orbs.

if they ask: how do i count 2+2, telling them how to divide 128748 with 317 isn't werry helpfull.
    So by helping him by speching to Blink Strike he will go BOOM OMG on sparks but perform bad the rest??? Thx for your pro tips....
    u say I agree with tehstool wich instead off teaching him 2+2 wich he asked for teaching him how to divide 128748 with 317. So narrow minded... really. U think that adressing the sparks problem with a specchange is better. Teaching him a skill he never have use for other then one specific mechanic on one specific bossfight??

The bottom line is, telling them to use Blink Strike is over correcting the problem. Just having them fix their gear and making sure the pet attacks the spark immediately while saving focus is enough correction to fix the spark problem. Using Blink Strike in addition to all of the other changes only decreases his overall ability to do well on the fight, when compared to how little it would help fix the spark problem after the first changes are made. Taking Blink Strike is an overreaction to a problem easily solved.

He shouldn't use SS on them, it's all about burst, even with the buff they die too quick for SS to be more valuable than an extra shot...and it's a waste of focus. When one dies he needs to get focus capped from hitting the boss as he'll need max focus and a KC up to reliably bring these down in time.

Right, there's no reason why this should be so complicated. Him not killing the orbs has absolutely nothing to do with what abilities he's taking or cooldowns he's blowing. He is either late switching, not standing inside for the buff, or really botching his rotation.

Hunters can kill 5 orbs by literally using KC (with the macro) once the orb comes out, spamming arcane until it dies, and then casting cobra on the boss and resetting your stacks until the next wave. You can dumb it down to a 3 button rotation if you really want. Kill Command, arcane shot until it dies, cobra shot to pool focus, reset stacks, repeat. There is no way with any class in the game to make it easier than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dekadez View Post
    Even with 6-6 it'll hardly matter if he's doing no significant DPS outside of it. It's about balancing burst and overall DPS capacity outside of Straight Six/Orbs.

Blink Strike would ease his orb transition, but seeing the other DPS aren't stellar either, I'd advise against crippling his overall DPS. The tips given here should be more than sufficient for him to deal with at least 5 waves, without using anything but short cooldowns.

Still, it looks to me more like Healers are struggling with the nuke phase. Those attempts where you got to that phase, the DPS looked OK-ish. At least it should be sufficient enough to down him before the enrage. I think that if you can avoid untimely deaths, you'll nail this.

Are you using the Straight Six strategy to avoid being zerged by sparks? Looks like most of your wipes came at the hands of them. Place one of the tanks on your Hunter his pylon.
    Using Blink Strike over aMoC doesn't cripple your overall DPS. The three talents in this tier are mostly balanced quite well, with aMoC just slightly ahead and likely only because of the large Focus cost. It's especially nice for Beast Mastery since Bestial Wrath lowers the Focus cost to something reasonable, but it's not going to make you crap by not speccing it.

Keep in mind that killing one extra wave of orbs is going to be +10% damage dealt to Elegon for the rest of the fight, which would compete strongly with any aMoC DPS increase over that time. If the issue is the orbs needing to die, Blink Strike is super nice - especially since you can use it to get a quick strike + Kill Shot on someone else's orb that isn't quite dead yet, if you already burst yours down. Yes, everyone is supposed to be responsible for their own orbs, but it's a team game!

I feel like people are just trolling now. All the info has been given. Decide for yourself.