Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by thevolget View Post
    I

The OP was kicked via an abuse of the system, and got the debuff from a bug that still hasn't been fixed since Cata (I've experienced the bug several times during Cata, and a few times so far in MoP).
    Abuse of the system ? I can only wish that every dungeon you enter, every person in said dungeon says "Busy doing dailies"...and takes their sweet time getting there. Oh but I'm a baby cause I don't want to clear the trash for your highness..Oh terrible selfish of ME!

I should stop being a baby, when I go into LFR, I'll just post, I'm busy doing stuff...so call me when trash is cleared...and While I'm at it, I'll just AFK onthe boss fights too, because it can easilly be 24 manned. I have really important stuff to do and can't be bothered with the raiding part...call me when loot is ready.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragonwing View Post

I am sorry for thinking a 1-2 minute wait wasn't too much? Hell, they could have pulled and killed some of the trash without me easily.

Besides, the reason I was kicked is totally irrelevant to the point of this thread. Whatever the reason, getting a deserter buff from being kicked is improper, and it is frustrating that this issue has been known for so long yet it has not been fixed.
    You're right, it's a bug. And you were rude. YOU knew you'd only be a minute or two... they had no way of knowing that. You might have been dicking around for 10 minutes for all they knew. Could they clear trash? Yeah... but here's the thing. It's a GROUP activity. It's not all about you and it's presumptuous to think that 4 other people should bend to what you want. You're DPS. You're easy to find. I'd have voted yes too.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by thevolget View Post
    The OP was kicked via an abuse of the system, and got the debuff from a bug that still hasn't been fixed since Cata
    This isn't a bug. Being able to kick people outside of the instance, AFK or offline has been around since the system was introduced.

He was in the middle of a quest that did not allow him to enter without leaving the vehicle, this much is true, but his group had no idea what he was doing. All he said was "sec, vehicle", he didn't ask the group anything to see if it was okay for him to finish before joining, he assumed that he could just do whatever he wanted and never took the others in the group into consideration.

What he should have said: "Sorry guys I cannot enter because I am in the middle of a quest, please give me 2 minutes and I was be inside - sorry!"
    Instead he just said "sec, vehicle".

I know I would have kicked him for being rude and others would have as well. The second you don't respect people is the second they aren't obliged to respect you back.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by traen View Post
    He did not said that you don't have to queue. He said that you shouldn't accept the queue.

OR, if you decide to accept you should understand that it will be you who will pay the consequences. If you fail to finish your quest in a grace time given to you by blizzard (I'm quite sure that its either 2 or 3 minutes, not less), or if you fail to convince your party to wait for you, you will get kicked and receive your punishment.

Who do you think is the bad guy is in this situation?
    - Blizzard, that allows groups to kick players that don't participate in clearing dungeon.
    - A party , who decided that they don't want to spend their own time for a person who did not even say "please".
    - Or a player who decided that his time is more important than other 4 players time, and for some reason thought that it is up to him to decide whether to make them wait or not.

Lets make some simple calculations. He decided to save himself 3 minutes of time tops. While other party members waited 4x2 = 8 minutes combined. It seems to me that he acted pretty selfish and the kick was well deserved.

Pretty much this. If there's something I hate, it's waiting for people to do things, they could have done BEFORE queuing. I get annoyed at my guildies, if they aren't ready for the raid invite due to retarded things as well. So it's not just some LFD entitlement I got going on, it's a general issue for me. I may not be very patient in general but I'd consider myself as fair.

So had the OP said "Guys I'm stuck in a vehicle quest and I'm almost done, is it okay to finish it?" Then the group could have given him an answer and they wouldn't have felt like he was basically acting like a snowflake, joining whenever it suits him. And yes, you can clear the trash up to the first boss in 2 mins in most dungeons. And judging from all the comments, it wasn't 1½ min, it was 2 mins+.

Whether or not it's a bug I don't know but it sure sounds like it's working as intended. Nothing worse than slackers who just say "brb" and then ports in whenever the hell it suits them. People like that do deserve a kick and a debuff. If your time holds any value to you, then expect it to hold value to others as well and respect that.

Deleted
    Dont know why this is still open.

Mature people already agreed that 1 or 2 minutes wait is nothing to get dicks over and start kicking,

Immature people already agreed that they should kick whoever they want whenever they want.

This is repeating over and over .

10+ Year Old Account
    Mid-Michigan (Originally Victoria, Australia)
    You had two options: Spend 2 minutes doing it after your run. Or do it 2 minutes for your run expecting the others to "easily continue to clear trash" without you while you did something that in no way benefits them.

You were in the wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jonny888 View Post
    But why should anyone wait for you? Why is it fair to expect them to clear trash for you just so you can come back in for the boss kill?
    And okay, even ignoring whether you deserved to be kicked or not: Yes, of course it should give you a de-buff. It's supposed to be a punishment. Not a work-around to leave the dungeon without any consequences.
    This. I'd kick your ass. I don't do dungeons to wait on people.

Quote Originally Posted by Treelife View Post
    Sorry OP, but I agree with the majority here. If you expect a group to wait for you or do a 5man with 4 people (yeah, I know, easily doable) making them do more work it isn't going to work. I wouldn't have kicked you personally, but it's still not fair to make people wait.

On the topic of the debuff, it SHOULD give you a debuff when kicked else people would just be a dick or go AFK as mentioned above to skip the queue times when they don't want to leave and get deserter.
    Im pretty sure if he didnt say anything, they wouldnt even notice one is missing.