Deleted

Paladin vs Feral Druid pvp keybinds

which is easier to play and which has the least keybinds , my dk has about 26 binds atm and im use to them

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 10:38 AM ----------

im trying to go minimalist as possible i have a friend who is a really good druid called gadock and ive never seen him use bear form he uses feral and then no shapeshift to heal in arenas so im thinking just bind all feral dps abilitys a few cc and a few heals, what i dnt get is that some druids say they have 70 keybinds seriously that means u must bind every ability which is stupid cos ur not gonna use every ability in pvp only ur dps and healing ones and cooldown ones you aint gonna use hurricane as a feral druid are you?

For arena Retri paladin require lots more keybinds since you'll want to keybind all supportive spells 3 times each - for self, for party1 and party. For RBG setting feral might have to keybind a bit more then ret pally, but still managable with only shift modifier.

As a Feral myself, I have about ~75 keybindings* that I'm using in arenas actively.

I'd love to get about ~50 more keybindings for functionality purposes, but sadly I have no more room on my keyboard for easy access to keybindings.

I need a Razer Naga...

---

I often see people have no clue how some are having up to 75 or more keybindings. In arena, thats easy.

1. Hibernate
    2. Hibernate focus 1
    3. Hibernate focus 2
    4. Entangling Roots
    5. Entangling Roots focus 1
    6. Entangling Roots focus 2
    7. Cyclone
    8. Cyclone focus 1
    9. Cyclone focus 2
    10. Skull Bash
    11. Skull Bash focus 1
    12. Skull Bash focus 2
    13. Healing Touch
    14. Healing Touch party 1
    15. Healing Touch party 2
    16. Remove Corruption
    17. Remove Corruption party 1
    18. Remove Corruption party 2
    19. Savage Roar
    20. Mark of the Wild
    21. Nature's Swiftness <single skill>
    21. Nature's Swiftness <Instant Cyclone Macro>
    22. Nature's Swiftness <Instant Cyclone Macro> Focus 1
    23. Nature's Swiftness <Instant Cyclone macro> Focus 2
    24. Nature's Swiftness <Instant Entangling Roots macro>
    25. Nature's Swiftness <Instant Entangling Roots macro> Focus 1
    26. Nature's Swiftness <Instant Entangling Roots macro> Focus
    27. Nature's Swiftness <Instant Hibernate macro>
    28. Nature's Swiftness <Instant Hibernate macro> Focus 1
    29. Nature's Swiftness <Instant Hibernate macro> Focus 2
    30. Nature's Swiftness <Instant Healing Touch macro>
    31. Nature's Swiftness <Instant Healing Touch macro> Party 1
    32. Nature's Swiftness <Instant Healing Touch macro> Party 2
    33. Rake
    34. Rip
    35. Berserk
    36. Mount
    37. Mighty Bash
    38. Barkskin
    39. Displacer Beast / Feral Charge
    40. Ferocious Bite
    41. Prowl
    42. Bear Form
    43. Cat Form
    44. Travel Form
    45. Typhoon
    46. Stampeding Roar
    47. War Stomp
    48. Soothe
    49. Nature's Grasp
    50. Swipe
    51. PvP Trinket
    51. PvP Conquest Trinket
    52. Ravage
    53. Might of Ursoc
    54. Survival Instincts
    55. Frenzied Regeneration
    56. Focus 1
    56. Focus 2
    57. Focus 3
    58. Focus 4
    59. Focus 5
    60. Growl
    61. Incarnation
    62. Nature's Vigil
    63. Symbiosis
    64. Symbiosis party 1
    65. Symbiosis party 2
    66. Shred
    67. Mangle
    68. Tranquility
    69. Thrash
    70. Lifeblood (herbalism)
    71. Tiger's Fury
    72. First aid
    73. First aid party 1
    74. First aid party 2
    75. Faerie Fire

... Continues with Faerie fire focus macros, but you get my point.

As a Feral player myself, I use pretty much ALL of these keybindings actively. Constantly. There's hardly a game where I don't need all of them.

Of course, you can use way less keybindings. But you'd gimp yourself. By having everything keybinded, I can insure a response time of a max of 0,1 seconds for my teammates, which is something a Feral needs: Good reaction skills.

See a Resto Druid run 2 yards in Travel Form? Sleeped. Too bad.
    Last edited by omgmewmewcat; 2012-12-18 at 02:35 PM.

Deleted
    Feral has loadsssssss and it's not just learning your cat form keybind's. You have to learn Bear,Cat,Caster etc yes you could have them on 1234 for when the bars changes but its actually remembering what talent is where that gets over whelming.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 02:21 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by omgmewmewcat View Post
    As a Feral myself, I have about ~75 keybindings that I'm using in arenas actively.

I'd love to get about ~50 more keybindings for functionality purposes, but sadly I have no more room on my keyboard for easy access to keybindings.

I need a Razer Naga...
    I have a naga and its still overwhelming but it has improved my form a lot,i couldn't go back to keyboard only

As a Feral myself, I have about ~75 keybindings that I'm using in arenas actively.

I need a Razer Naga...
    Yeah... have more than 70 keybinds as well. Playing feral is like playing grand piano. Naga helps a lot, can't imaging doing arena without it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 02:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by JellyPie View Post
    Feral has loadsssssss and it's not just learning your cat form keybind's. You have to learn Bear,Cat,Caster etc yes you could have them on 1234 for when the bars changes but its actually remembering what talent is where that gets over whelming.[COLOR="red"]
    ... and I did not even count bear and caster keybinds.
    Last edited by traen; 2012-12-18 at 02:26 PM.

As a Feral myself, I have about ~75 keybindings* that I'm using in arenas actively.

I need a Razer Naga...
    I think I've got more binds than you and I only use a 5-button mouse. Maybe I've just got abnormally large hands? I've got to ask though, what are focus one and two? Do you have an addon for a secondary focus frame? That could be pretty useful--mind sharing?

Also you go pretty crazy with binding stuff I never bothered with. Thirteen NS binds to my one. I've got to say the party symbiosis and first aid seem a little unnecessary too. (aren't all feral symbiosis spells enemy-targeted or self-buffs?)

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    I think I've got more binds than you and I only use a 5-button mouse. Maybe I've just got abnormally large hands? I've got to ask though, what are focus one and two? Do you have an addon for a secondary focus frame? That could be pretty useful--mind sharing?

Also you go pretty crazy with binding stuff I never bothered with. Thirteen NS binds to my one. I've got to say the party symbiosis and first aid seem a little unnecessary too. (aren't all feral symbiosis spells enemy-targeted or self-buffs?)
    The focus one and focus two macros are more technical that I wrote them down here, but basically it allows me to both change a focus target and instantly use a skill on them using the same button.

For example, say I've got a Warrior on my focus, and I want to instant hibernate a Druid who happens to be in cat form after Displacer Beast. Instead of first focusing the druid, and then Hibernating him with a focus Hibernate, I just pop that one button to both focus and Hibernate him instantly.

The party Symbiosis is for switching Symbiosis mid-game. With the 2-second cast time, thats a lot easier to do, and has helped me in multiple situations. The First Aid macros are there to provide that extra bit of healing for when it can matter. I use it macrod just to get those ticks rolling a bit faster. My whole arena team uses it, and we blow through hundreds of stacks of cloth every week. It has saved us more times than I can remember.

Quote Originally Posted by Nyaldee View Post
    For arena Retri paladin require lots more keybinds since you'll want to keybind all supportive spells 3 times each - for self, for party1 and party. For RBG setting feral might have to keybind a bit more then ret pally, but still managable with only shift modifier.
    Ferals require about double the binds of a ret pally

Deleted
    i dnt want to bind everything as i said, im ot going or aiming for high rated arena i just want to pvp for honor cq and arena cap

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    i dnt want to bind everything as i said, im ot going or aiming for high rated arena i just want to pvp for honor cq and arena cap
    Well in that case...

which is easier to play and which has the least keybinds
    Feral is the easiest to play, because you have no worries about roots. You can shift out of most of them, and are immune to polymorph and hex. A DK has to use his skills effectively to get decent mobility. Additionally, cooldown stacking works good for Feral, so if all you want is to cap, just pop all cooldowns and try to burst someone.

what i dnt get is that some druids say they have 70 keybinds seriously that means u must bind every ability which is stupid cos ur not gonna use every ability in pvp
    If you don't care about a high rating, and just want to cap, the keybindings matter nothing. If you want to get a high rating in arena however, you absolutely need most of your skills keybinded properly. Once you get to decent ratings (2200+), you'll understand. Until then, I can understand it feels stupid. You just don't know how important it is on decent ratings until you get a decent rating yourself though.

Deleted
    Well in that case...

Feral is the easiest to play, because you have no worries about roots. You can shift out of most of them, and are immune to polymorph and hex. A DK has to use his skills effectively to get decent mobility. Additionally, cooldown stacking works good for Feral, so if all you want is to cap, just pop all cooldowns and try to burst someone.

If you don't care about a high rating, and just want to cap, the keybindings matter nothing. If you want to get a high rating in arena however, you absolutely need most of your skills keybinded properly. Once you get to decent ratings (2200+), you'll understand. Until then, I can understand it feels stupid. You just don't know how important it is on decent ratings until you get a decent rating yourself though.
    so ret pally or feral for casual pvp ppl say ret is easier ppl feral druid

I'm having difficulty understanding what you're saying, but I'm going to take a guess.

Feral is easier to play than Ret. Both are easy, but Feral is easier. This is, of course, when you just want to cap. Otherwise, both Feral and Ret are relatively hard, but Ret won't get you as much positive results as Feral.

The focus one and focus two macros are more technical that I wrote them down here, but basically it allows me to both change a focus target and instantly use a skill on them using the same button.
    Oh ok, that makes sense. I actually wanted to do that for my CCs too, but I can't fit it into my macros with all the @arena stuff in them so I had to make separate arena focus macros. Sadface.

A ret would probably be easier in that it has more straightforward abilities and resources, no positional requirements on abilities, etc. but a feral would be more effective--both at low-end with few keybinds and high-end where you're binding each CC 5 times. I feel ferals are a little more complicated than rets in terms of basic class structure, but simply a much stronger spec once you understand it. My guess is that as a feral, you'd have a better understanding of where you can improve to become a better player where a paladin might just feel like there's nothing you could've done to win in many cases.

Quote Originally Posted by asb View Post
    I feel ferals are a little more complicated than rets in terms of basic class structure, but simply a much stronger spec once you understand it.
    It's not about complication - they're simply a much stronger spec now compared to ret. Especially after ret lost insane amount of healing that spec relies on so much through pvp power nerf. Not to mention symbiosis being insane make or break ability, completly useless for one and through the roof for others. Also constant attention to your teammates state is complicated in itself and atm only other spec that have to pay equal attention to teammates are SPs.

OT: As feral you can tunnel dmg and spam focus clone to mid-range raitings, as ret you'll be a burden without providing proper support even at lower raitings, but as far as point caping goes it doesn't matter what of specs you're going to pick. Although dunno what for you need to cap points if you aren't going to actually play.