Deleted

Spirit Kings heroic as Affliction

Searched for a thread about this but came up with zilch

My guild will be going for Spirit kings heroic next as our 5th heroic encounter. My question is about the shields on the bosses, I know that (like with the omnitron defense system) dots already running when the shield goes up will not trigger anything, but will Channels do the same? Can I refresh dots and then start MG (or drainsoul depending on the speed of dispellers) without it triggering? Or does each tick of a channel count as a new attack?

Im aware that each shield acts differently, so this would only be a question for Shield of Darkness etc

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post

My guild will be going for Spirit kings heroic next as our 5th heroic encounter. My question is about the shields on the bosses, I know that (like with the omnitron defense system) dots already running when the shield goes up will not trigger anything, but will Channels do the same? Can I refresh dots and then start MG (or drainsoul depending on the speed of dispellers) without it triggering? Or does each tick of a channel count as a new attack?

Im aware that each shield acts differently, so this would only be a question for Shield of Darkness etc
    I killed it this week on my affliction lock alt since we were missing a DPS and its two healed and only my alt is somehow DPS viable from healers.

If dots are ticking its ok, just make sure you dont reapply dots during shield. Did not try channeling spells which are already being channeled before shield went up. I simply stopped casting when RL shouted stop dps and just wait till shield was gone.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

Deleted
    Okies, I shall wait and see if it has any effect, I doubt it will make any difference to dps though if we have fast dispels which I'm sure we will.

Deleted
    You can channel when Subetai has Sleight of Hand up and not get naked. Qiang clears dots so you need to reapply after.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    If you're talking about the "don't touch it or it hurts the raid" shields:
    DoTs don't proc the shield. Channels do.

Don't know about pets; we don't have a hunter, and I sac my pet as afflic.

Quote Originally Posted by DocQuantum View Post
    Don't know about pets; we don't have a hunter, and I sac my pet as afflic.
    Pets should not proc shields. For Darkness when it goes up, switch to another mob (either another boss if its up, or the Undying Shadows).

Quote Originally Posted by Nyxxi View Post

Depends on the shield you're talking about. If it's an immune shield (annihilate guy or shadow guy) then you have the following:

Debuffs will be cleared.
    Channels currently being casted will automatically stop
    Attempting to apply a debuff or cast a channel will trigger the shields effect
    Pets will stop attacking. You can manually tell them to start again and afaik it can trigger (at the least it's a waste of energy as it's still immune). Pets will start attacking normally again after shield goes off.

If you're talking about Sleight of Hand the following happens:

Debuffs not cleared.
    Channels currently going will not trigger the debuff on you.
    Attempting to apply a debuff or cast a channel will trigger the debuff IF he is not stunned. While he is stunned SoH will not trigger the debuff.
    Pets will stop attacking (afaik)

Quote Originally Posted by Brusalk View Post
    Depends on the shield you're talking about. If it's an immune shield (annihilate guy or shadow guy) then you have the following:

Debuffs will be cleared.
    Channels currently being casted will automatically stop
    Attempting to apply a debuff or cast a channel will trigger the shields effect
    Pets will stop attacking. You can manually tell them to start again and afaik it can trigger (at the least it's a waste of energy as it's still immune). Pets will start attacking normally again after shield goes off.

If you're talking about Sleight of Hand the following happens:

Debuffs not cleared.
    Channels currently going will not trigger the debuff on you.
    Attempting to apply a debuff or cast a channel will trigger the debuff IF he is not stunned. While he is stunned SoH will not trigger the debuff.
    Pets will stop attacking (afaik)

Mostly right (I'm not sure about the pets). But notably, debuffs are not cleared on Zian, so if your group is competent, your agony shouldn't fall off. Also it's worth noting missiles on the way to hit the boss (haunt) will trigger Sleight of Hand, and may trigger the damage shields even if casted before the boss puts the shield up.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the shield goes up, blow Dark Soul/SB:SS/Pot/DG

Watch the deeps go through the roof while the rest of the raid marvels at your awesomeness.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

On Quiang you need to place your dots since he will clear all dots from him, don't dps him at that time!

About Zian do not dps him when shield it's up, will do 300k damage to each player everytime, will wipe your raid instantly,just let your shamans spam purge. The hardest fight on Mogu raid so good luck with that.

I got a question: If we dot Zhian when shield it's up that will not trigger his shield? Only way to activate shield it's channeling? I have been stop completly when shield it's up. So i can refresh dots? Ticks will not hurt raid?
    Last edited by David Cavalheiro; 2012-12-20 at 09:42 AM.

You can recast MG just before Sheild of Darkness or Sleight is applied and channel during the duration of them.

Casting any new damaging ability when the Shield is active will proc it.

Deleted
    David you're not allowed to claim that other people troll.. I was infracted for as much last week. Edit it out quicky.

Qiang : Clears debuffs, just don't touch him until he gets massdispelled or you wait the duration.
    Subetai : Doesn't clear debuffs, set up a TellMeWhen that displays when he's stunned - This is really helpful.
    Zian : Not sure if he clears debuffs, I think I normally soul swap off him when he casts it, just to be safe. But this has like 6 charges of dispelling, so you'll need to wait unless your raid has a massdispell.
    Meg : Nothing happens. Just don't nuke him when he's running scared with high energy, you can with great profit seed of corruption him when mindcontrol thingie happens.

You can set up TellMeWhen for all of their shields, I highly recommend that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sweetz View Post
    David you're not allowed to claim that other people troll.. I was infracted for as much last week. Edit it out quicky.
    Well you're not allowed to accuse people of trolling in general, but when someone makes a very, very obvious joke (since I think everyone in this topic full well knows that damaging the shield is a very bad thing to do) I don't think it's unfair to allow someone to call the joke trolling. The rule is meant to prevent people from just calling everyone and everything trolling when they disagree or don't believe something. It's not there to infract people for even daring to use the words troll. I'd advise not to go around calling every joke(r) a troll though, cause it's always a moderator judgement if it's o.k. or not. I'd refrain from doing it just to be safe. There are other ways to acknowledge someone is making obvious jokes if the situation calls for it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reolac View Post
    You can recast MG just before Sheild of Darkness or Sleight is applied and channel during the duration of them.

Casting any new damaging ability when the Shield is active will proc it.
    This, it will only proc from spells that land during shield. So watch out for haunt and it's "flytime". Our boomkin keeps blowing em up sometimes with starsurges X)

Deleted
    They may have hotfixed it since we killed it, but I was channeling MG like a champ AND reapplying dots on Subetai while under Sleight of Hand. Applying dots or casting on Zian while he has Shield of Darkness WILL nuke the raid, but Sleight of Hand is safe for afflic. Just don't get too comfortable and cast haunt

This was Nov, 28.

Quote Originally Posted by MrGneissGuy View Post
    They may have hotfixed it since we killed it, but I was channeling MG like a champ AND reapplying dots on Subetai while under Sleight of Hand. Applying dots or casting on Zian while he has Shield of Darkness WILL nuke the raid, but Sleight of Hand is safe for afflic. Just don't get too comfortable and cast haunt

This was Nov, 28.
    Your raid was probably stunning him. You can do whatever you want to the boss while he's stunned and the debuff won't apply. You run into trouble while he's not stunned (or he breaks out of a stun to do a pillage)

So if we apply dots on Zian when shield it's up that will hurt our raid?

I'm sure it got said but from my experience:

Debuffs on the target pre-shield will not trigger it. New ones will.

For Qiang the application of his shield removes all debuffs on him and will stop your channel. He is the only one that does this.