Page 47 of 65 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    You act like this is an isolated issue to this game or somehow should be accepted because they finally got off their ass and worked on something? This is why people don't take you seriously.

I have had a huge beef with WoW's tier sets for years. They've gotten worse and worse for almost every class. If it's not plate, it's going to look like you just crawled out of a trash can. As a Druid, I haven't been satisfied since Thunderheart, which was in TBC...many many years ago.

People shouldn't be applauding bad art just because we haven't had any new bad art for a year. Also, maybe they are afraid we will now see an entire year of this exact garbage with every color under the sun slapped on it....you know...like what we have to go on from recent history.

If you like it, great. No one is attacking you for liking it. Kinda alarming you need to precursor your expression of satisfaction by attacking someone else's disapproval.
    Not really... I find it very funny how we are going up and down the complaining rollercoaster, that's all. We got new designs, you don't like it, others do... get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by notorious98 View Post
    That isn't right, unless Dulfy is wrong (which Dulfy is rarely wrong). They're 2 separate tiers. Both have Force-Mystic listed and only Sorcs use Force-Mystic.[COLOR="red"]
    I stand corrected then. Apparently they changed the setup from having 1 design for sorcerer and one for assassins (as they did for the last year, you might remember) and instead are filling up the vendors with every option unless PTS isn't the final version.

I'm going to go ahead and call it what it is. They realized that the initial gear they made wasn't 'epic' enough and now are trying to WoWify their designs. 'space skulls', ridiculously large and awkward pieces, and shit all over the place. They took the worst aspects of WoW gear design and tried to smash them in a space setting.

It looks terrible.

I understand the need for more epic and detailed gear than we had at launch or that the universe really provides for, but they need to start from scratch and try something original and sci fi constrained. They need to really think about the setting that each class would operate in lore wise and work from there. Either that or they need to base each tier on where they come from.

Definitely not: Let's slap tubes, zombie faces, sharp angles, and spy goggles on every inch of the armor....the ones that don't have that are angled cardboard with no features.
    I can't get my head around how you want something sci fi constrained, yet apparently don't like the original cenobite designs for the inquisitor for example. You don't like it, build your own look which you got more than enough material to work with. I find it utterly boring when everyone is running around in the same "awesome" looking gear. It does make for a pretty boring sight for the eye. (not to mention that any design they will toss @us will only be every good if you like it... )

Quote Originally Posted by aikoyamamato View Post
    lol lololololol sigh

In a moment of weakness, I tried to resubscribe to play around with some of the personal stories I missed Sith-side. It wouldn't even let me.
    "An error has occurred while trying to process your request. Please, try again later."

Tried both a debit and credit card. Oh well, guess I'll find something else to do.
    This error occurs to "subscribers" just as well from time to time.

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 02:25 PM ----------

However, what I don't understand why no one adressed that we have the same skins for PvP and PvE with this "expansion"?! or did I just read right over it without noticing?

Deleted
    Finally they are making the buffs adjustable!

Made image a thumbnail and clickable for larger image, because it was huge -Arlee
    Last edited by Arlee; 2013-02-27 at 04:40 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arlee View Post
    I'm fairly certain that when they enable the CM on the PTS Cathar will be there...
    Was CM included in previous PTS patches?

Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post
    Yep. They can be made quite large. It only took far too long.

---------- Post added 2013-02-24 at 11:59 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    [/COLOR]However, what I don't understand why no one adressed that we have the same skins for PvP and PvE with this "expansion"?! or did I just read right over it without noticing?
    Meh. It's still better than recycled armor.

Deleted
    Originally Posted by Psychlon
    [/COLOR]However, what I don't understand why no one adressed that we have the same skins for PvP and PvE with this "expansion"?! or did I just read right over it without noticing?
    Meh. It's still better than recycled armor.
    Smugglers had the same PvP and PvE gear at the start of the game, nothing new for me :P

To be honest, some of their tier sets where good, but they have done an amazing job on some customs.

Quote Originally Posted by Haruss View Post
    Was CM included in previous PTS patches?
    Yep, they just haven't gotten to that part of the testing yet.

Quote Originally Posted by kalamitis View Post

*snip*
    jebus huge img.

Quick question, I have been insanely busy so I haven't had time to properly test that. Is is possible to increase the size of specific buffs? Like, say, duplicity?
    (Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    Is is possible to increase the size of specific buffs? Like, say, duplicity?
    It doesn't look like it from that SS, nor from any player comments I've read that are using it. It also doesn't look like you can move them off of your unit frame or make it to only display your own buffs/debuffs. I hate to be that guy, because it invites really untolerable people to try argue with me, but this isn't anything to be positive about. They are still so far behind the curve it's ridiculous it took them so long to get this far. It just feels like they 'rush' everything instead of getting it right.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-02-25 at 06:47 PM.
    BAD WOLF

They are still so far behind the curve it's ridiculous it took them so long to get this far. It just feels like they rush everything instead of getting it right.
    ugh.

At this point they should just open up addons to curse. Some of the people who contribute to that site could have a power auras up in a few weeks lol (assuming they would want to make addons for swtor, at this point)

It doesn't look like it from that SS, nor from any player comments I've read that are using it. It also doesn't look like you can move them off of your unit frame or make it to only display your own buffs/debuffs. I hate to be that guy, because it invites really untolerable people to try argue with me, but this isn't anything to be positive about. They are still so far behind the curve it's ridiculous it took them so long to get this far. It just feels like they 'rush' everything instead of getting it right.
    Actually, it is definitely something to be positive about. Implementing something that's been asked for, even if it's not the whole shebang, doesn't make it any less positive. A step in the right direction is still a positive whether you want to believe that or not. Fact is, the game is far behind the curve on so many things, but taking steps to fix that problem is moving in the right direction, not the wrong one.

---------- Post added 2013-02-25 at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by hk-51 View Post
    jebus huge img.

Quick question, I have been insanely busy so I haven't had time to properly test that. Is is possible to increase the size of specific buffs? Like, say, duplicity?
    No, you can't resize specific buffs. But consider that there's still more to add and it could change. Personally, I don't care about resizing specific buffs as opposed to being able to toggle off seeing everybody else's buffs and debuffs. If I could get that, I'd be set.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually, it is definitely something to be positive about. Implementing something that's been asked for, even if it's not the whole shebang, doesn't make it any less positive. A step in the right direction is still a positive whether you want to believe that or not. Fact is, the game is far behind the curve on so many things, but taking steps to fix that problem is moving in the right direction, not the wrong one.
    I'm sorry but a half assed feature is still half assed. I'm not going to give credit for that. That's like saying a roach infested restaurant managed to get rid of half the roaches so we should be super excited about it. There are hundreds of metaphors that could be used, but this is nothing to pat them on the back about. It's fine if you disagree, but the times of apologizing for any companies (especially this one) is over.

The only positive thing I could say is that they know their game is filled with problems and you're right that trying to tackle them is at least a sign of life, but the fact that after all this time this is the best they can do is, to put it bluntly, pathetic.
    BAD WOLF

I'm sorry but a half assed feature is still half assed. I'm not going to give credit for that. That's like saying a roach infested restaurant managed to get rid of half the roaches so we should be super excited about it. There are hundreds of metaphors that could be used, but this is nothing to pat them on the back about. It's fine if you disagree, but the times of apologizing for any companies (especially this one) is over.

The only positive thing I could say is that they know their game is filled with problems and you're right that trying to tackle them is at least a sign of life, but the fact that after all this time this is the best they can do is, to put it bluntly, pathetic.
    Nobody said you needed to be excited about it. Hell, I'm not really excited about it either. But refusing to call it a positive just turns you into the guy you said you'd hate to be. Yeah, it's not enough. And I don't believe that anybody outside of the biggest of fan is going to truly pat them on the back. But failure to recognize improvement just because it's not up to the level of improvement that you want doesn't change the fact that there is improvement.

10+ Year Old Account
    But refusing to call it a positive just turns you into the guy you said you'd hate to be.
    No it doesn't. I'm someone who expects a quality product. I'm not going to golf clap for anyone and I don't care what anyone here thinks about it. There are plenty of isntances, very recently in fact, where I think things look really good. Overall patch 2.0 is incredibly solid. I don't think it's up to par, but I'm not tearing it apart. It just needs more.

This however, is a feature that should be simple to implement, has plenty of examples out there to copy from, and should have been in the game at launch or wth the UI editor. This doesn't deserve any praise. This is what it deserves: AND?
    BAD WOLF

It's a positive, it just needs more work. I agree it could be better though but that's what feedback is for.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    It's a positive, it just needs more work. I agree it could be better though but that's what feedback is for.
    And hopefully they'll actually listen this time, because they didn't bother to listen during the initial beta testing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    And hopefully they'll actually listen this time, because they didn't bother to listen during the initial beta testing.
    Oh they listened...to the wrong people. And unfortunately it seems to have cost a lot of people their jobs. That was the first noticeable bad decision we experienced. It was what started the unfortunate scramble to implement features that should have been at launch. They are still scrambling to rectify that now.

Would just be easier at this point to open up addons to the community and watch how wonderful they make the game for free.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    This doesn't affect my gameplay in the slightest but I personally know 3 people who are overjoyed at the news, so I'm happy for them and all those who need/want to adjust their buff sizes (I guess it's a WoW thing ).

It won't bring ex players back but it may prove to be one less 'last straw' for some.

Can only tune in with Kitty, if you can't move them nor specify what buffs/debuffs to show it really changes nothing, sure you can make them bigger but they still remain in a bad position with the same cluttered presentation. Over a year down the road this is far from something to pat them on the back for, as for it being changed in to something good...lets just say we heard that one before.

Yeah... If you could place at least one buff into a "reactive buff" slot that would show up separate from the others that would be great.

>_>
    <_<

I'm at a loss.... resizing buffs = better overview for healer and anyone else should know their buffs/ debuffs and what they put on a mob. I prefer seeing all buffs on a mob because too many people aren't putting theirs and can be called out on it.
    How is moving/ resizing single buffs any improvement for your individual gameplay?