Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cudomix View Post
    Pretty much, death is quick and relatively painless, this guy still has 50+ years of life left to suffer through. They should've done the same with Breivik, being ignored and forgotten would be the ultimate punishment for him.
    how can you prove death is quick and painless?

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    A stop timer...?
    Also cudomix said "relatively".

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Dehumanizing is always the easiest way, isn't it...

Yes, it is. Did he treat his victims as human? No. Therefore, he is not human.

Deleted
    Lol..

Who would be impressed by this? Weird world we live in!

10+ Year Old Account
    He was committing the crimes only during warm months.
    We are safe from cannibals for another few months, yay :P

i can and i am. if you can't already tell i am an advocate for the death penalty.
    if one day you end up being charged for a crime someone else committed and given death penalty, I bet you'd change your mind a few hours before dying
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Eorayn View Post
    Americans..

*this comment is meant as a satire on the people who blame America for everything*
    By all means, compare yourself to Russia. Might aswell start comparing to China while you are at it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darksoldierr View Post
    So they can suffer and go crazy inside a 2x2 meter cell in the next 50 years.
    I think in this particular case we can safely say the individual is already crazy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    if one day you end up being charged for a crime someone else committed and given death penalty, I bet you'd change your mind a few hours before dying
    nope. i would consider it more a failure of the justice system than of the punishment itself.

Severing the spinal cord is the quickest method of death (which would ironically make hanging and guillotine most humane methods of execution), hydrogen cyanide is mostly painless and quick (same with carbon monoxide), lethal injection consists of short acting anesthetic and paralytic which are given before lethal agent (problem is that doses should be calculated by an anesthesiologist, it is possible that anesthetic wears off and subject is left paralyzed in agonizing pain before death), chair hurts and it's been phased out, and firing squad depends of accuracy of shooters (also can have negative psychological effects on firing squad), bullet to the heart is fast though.

Also, cruel and unusual punishment is forbidden under your constitution if I'm not mistaken.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    We should give less attention to these monsters. Just lock them up and throw the keys away.

The monsters created in part by society. Unless eating 9 humans is a natural part of being a human. In which case, what gives you the right to lock them up for being more human than you?

Quote Originally Posted by gneugen View Post
    The monsters created in part by society. Unless eating 9 humans is a natural part of being a human. In which case, what gives you the right to lock them up for being more human than you?
    Humans are not uniform carbon copies. Psychopathy is not natural to most.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder what's going to happen to the GF now?

It's a given he's going to jail/mental institution for a very, very, very long time, but even if she was a bit of a bitch as a GF, knowing that someone deliberately went out, murdered and then ate people just to impress you won't be good for the psyche.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

please explain why these types of people should be considered human.
    Because the moment someone defines what a "human being" is as anything else than a biological member of the species Homo Sapiens, very, horrifyingly, inconceivably Bad Things happen.

"They X so therefore they aren't really people" is the first step in rationalizing all cruelty and oppression. This means you can't do it even in "obvious" cases like this because once you move the line once based on your opinion, you've already lost.

Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post
    Because the moment someone defines what a "human being" is as anything else than a biological member of the species Homo Sapiens, very, horrifyingly, inconceivably Bad Things happen.

"They X so therefore they aren't really people" is the first step in rationalizing all cruelty and oppression. This means you can't do it even in "obvious" cases like this because once you move the line once based on your opinion, you've already lost.
    This, so very much this. It always saddens me how prone people are to repeat the mistakes of the past, simply because "in this case" it's so clearly true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Joán View Post

This is a very clear and logically sound argument, I agree. The standard has to stay the same across the board or we start making excuses for atrocities.

10+ Year Old Account
    please explain why these types of people should be considered human.
    When they get to that point they are beyond help, but if we just execute everyone who becomes a mental case then we never learn to identify and treat people before they get to that point. There is also the slipperly slope of where to draw the line when it comes to executing people committing crimes with a mental illness. First it's only for murder, but then you are executing them for being mentally ill, so why stop at murder? mentally ill people can't be helped, so, to save money, just execute them if they also commit rape, or grevious assault, etc. A bit of a hyperbole, but I'm just trying to get a point across.

If you just execute mentally ill people and don't learn about what made them in to that person, you will not prevent others from developing mental illnesses due to killing the subjects.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

Well......

Was she impressed?

Deleted
    Puts a whole new meaning on (Dining out)

Quote Originally Posted by Maleren View Post
    So many psychos, so little time.......

Public execution. Be done with it. They are guilty, they have no rights, they are not human. Shoot them, decapitate them, I don't care, just kill them.
    ... and eat them.

Be careful. Sometimes its hard to stay human.

This cannibal killed and ate homeless people because in his crazy mind he did not count them as humans. Just like you did with him.