Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodon View Post
    When they get to that point they are beyond help, but if we just execute everyone who becomes a mental case then we never learn to identify and treat people before they get to that point. There is also the slipperly slope of where to draw the line when it comes to executing people committing crimes with a mental illness. First it's only for murder, but then you are executing them for being mentally ill, so why stop at murder? mentally ill people can't be helped, so, to save money, just execute them if they also commit rape, or grevious assault, etc. A bit of a hyperbole, but I'm just trying to get a point across.

If you just execute mentally ill people and don't learn about what made them in to that person, you will not prevent others from developing mental illnesses due to killing the subjects.
    i guess im just morally apathetic towards criminals like this both mentally ill and non mentally ill who commit atrocities and feel that they should be repaid the damage they did to society. i don't see how prision is a punishment to them when you essentially get 3 free meals a day and a warm place to stay for free when there are millions of homeless out there who haven't committed any crimes whatsoever yet are out on the streets constantly hungry and cold. (yes i realize different countries have different prison conditions but a lot of the time countries usually treat their prisioners pretty decently sometimes even better than they do their own citizens) therefore i don't see why these types of criminals should be allowed the privilege of life.

i personally draw the line for the death penalty at people who either killed in self defense(these types of crimes should get at worst 10 years prison)people who killed in second or third degree(life with no chance of parole for second, life with the possibility of parole for third after 10-15 years.)manslaughter should bring a 10-20 year mandatory prison sentence yes ESPECIALLY for drunk driving. but thats just me and i dont expect anyone to share my opinion on justice.

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i personally draw the line for the death penalty at people who either killed in self defense(these types of crimes should get at worst 10 years prison)people who killed in second or third degree(life with no chance of parole for second, life with the possibility of parole for third after 10-15 years.)manslaughter should bring a 10-20 year mandatory prison sentence yes ESPECIALLY for drunk driving. but thats just me and i dont expect anyone to share my opinion on justice.
    A lot of people say things like that.
    Until it happens to their 18-years old daughter who did not harm anyone in her life and maybe she did not even use alcohol until this day when she was driving drunk returning from her graduation party.
    "Its all Jim's fault - he tried to seduce her, so she was angry and crazy about it and had to drive home by herself. Also this mad deaf old woman - what the hell did she do in the middle of the road at midnight?".

All people have family. All people did good things in their lifes. All people have some kind of excuses. That's why a sentence is imposed by a judge, not by computer or ignorant idealist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    i guess im just morally apathetic towards criminals like this both mentally ill and non mentally ill who commit atrocities and feel that they should be repaid the damage they did to society. i don't see how prision is a punishment to them when you essentially get 3 free meals a day and a warm place to stay for free when there are millions of homeless out there who haven't committed any crimes whatsoever yet are out on the streets constantly hungry and cold. (yes i realize different countries have different prison conditions but a lot of the time countries usually treat their prisioners pretty decently sometimes even better than they do their own citizens) therefore i don't see why these types of criminals should be allowed the privilege of life.

The way such cases are glorified in the press is what eats at me (no pun intended). I don't think any type of suffering pushed upon them will make the familys of the victims feel much better, and it would be a little disturbing to know that it did, personally speaking. i also don't think cases like the one in the OP can in any way be repaid by making them suffer in turn as the act of making that person suffer in the same manner would also make those that impose that suffering a little more similar to that psychopath for doing that.

I can totally understand the stance of just wanting to execute people who pull this type of horrible stuff though as there is nothing beyond killing an individual that you can take away from them inside a court of law, but you have to remember how badly some cases are governed and remember that if we use absolutes in law, we will be the ones executing the wrong people far more often. Punishment is administered by the law, and the law can get pretty stupid when people are involved.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fahrenheit View Post
    Never trust a bitch named Svetlana...
    lol. Was my EXACT same thought when I read the story.

*In related news: Russia is now considering a ban on Assault Kitchen Knives. A quote from a senior government official, who made the statement to this news organization anonymously, stated "In the vast majority of cannibal cases the perpetrator used a serrated knife. Obviously, such an instrument is designed only for cutting through bone and tissue. I see no reason why a normal person would have need for a serrated knife over 3 inches long."
    *This is satire.

Back on topic: One thing I'm unclear of: Was Svetlana aware of these activities? Did she... watch or something? If she was unaware... why exactly was he doing it? - Besides being a few fries short of a Happy Human Meal. *Rim-shot*
    Last edited by ovm33; 2012-12-18 at 03:29 PM.
    I sat alone in the dark one night, tuning in by remote.
    I found a preacher who spoke of the light, but there was Brimstone in his throat.
    He'd show me the way, according to him, in return for my personal check.
    I flipped my channel back to CNN and lit another cigarette.

The better question - Did he eat them with steak sauce?

Quote Originally Posted by ovm33 View Post
    lol. Was my EXACT same thought when I read the story.

*In related news: Russia is now considering a ban on Assault Kitchen Knives. A quote from a senior government official, who made the statement to this news organization anonymously, stated "In the vast majority of cannibal cases the perpetrator used a serrated knife. Obviously, such an instrument is designed only for cutting through bone and tissue. I see no reason why a normal person would have need for a serrated knife over 3 inches long."
    *This is satire.

Back on topic: One thing I'm unclear of: Was Svetlana aware of these activities? Did she... watch or something? If she was unaware... why exactly was he doing it? - Besides being a few fries short of a Happy Human Meal. *Rim-shot*
    You know - many countries have knife regulation. In my country:
    fixed-blade knives are legal to own if the blade is no longer than 12 cm (4.75-in.). Blades over this length may only be legally owned if the possessor has a legitimate reason for carrying the knife and/or a special collector's permit. However, such knives are still generally illegal to carry in public, whether on one's person or in a vehicle, unless transported in such as manner as to prevent ready access by the owner (lockbox, locked trunk, etc.) Folding, non-lock blade knives are legal to carry if the blade length does not exceed 7 cm (2.756-in.). Locking knives and knives over 7 cm must be transported in public so as not to allow ready access by the owner. Knives with blades that may be opened with one hand (even if the one-hand opening mechanism has been removed), automatic-opening knives (switchblades), push daggers, gravity knives, throwing knives, disguised knives (belt-buckle knife, sword cane, etc.) and knives with ready access by the wearer (neck or belt knives, boot knives, etc.) are illegal to own or possess. Multi-tools featuring one-hand opening blades are also illegal to own or possess

10+ Year Old Account
    Eating homeless people... yeah, truly impressive. Try eating someone that sleeps behind four walls and perhaps has a gun in the nightstand; then we'll talk.

There's got to be some way to spin this to blame video games.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Whats with Russians being cannibals? I seen a documentary of a prison in Siberia and some of the inmates that are locked up there were cannibals.

Quote Originally Posted by Ave07 View Post
    Whats with Russians being cannibals? I seen a documentary of a prison in Siberia and some of the inmates that are locked up there were cannibals.
    They should make a tv show - put all the inmate cannibals into a jungle, last one alive wins, we could call it the Hunger Games.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

10+ Year Old Account
    1) We need to start talking about Knife control. People dont Kill people, Knives do.
    2) We need to outlaw video games. Clearly, the knives would not have grown legs and stabbed someone if it wasnt exposed to so much violence in CoD.
    3) We need to imprison Marilyn Manson, If the knives didnt listen to his music in the first place, they would have never purchased CoD on Xbox.

This may come as a shock to people who are rabidly against gun control as though its the end of the world, but knife control laws do exist. Possession of certain types of knives is banned outright in some states. Others have criminalised the concealed carry of many types, often based on blade length. Still more states have outlawed knives that are "designed" for attacking or "dangerous weapons". Only a handful of states have no knife control whatsoever in statute, and even then city/local ordinances have been made.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    This may come as a shock to people who are rabidly agsinst gun control, but knife control laws do exist. Possession of certain types of knives is banned outright in some states. Others have criminalised the concealed carry of many types, often based on blade length. Still more states have outlawed knives that are "designed" for attacking or "dangerous weapons". Only a handful of states have no knife control whatsoever in statute, and even then city/local ordinances have been made.
    The laws work great too, no one has been stabbed by a knife in over 290 years. Proof, that prohibition works wonders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    1) We need to start talking about Knife control. People dont Kill people, Knives do.
    2) We need to outlaw video games. Clearly, the knives would not have grown legs and stabbed someone if it wasnt exposed to so much violence in CoD.
    3) We need to imprison Marilyn Manson, If the knives didnt listen to his music in the first place, they would have never purchased CoD on Xbox.
    This was in Russia, so none of those apply, even though it was satire.
    It's always been Wankershim!
    My Brand!

perfect script for a new csi or criminal minds episode *nods*
    ››yeah, here used to be a signature once. I've must lost it somewhere in the twisting nether... still waiting for the mail from the postmaster.

Quote Originally Posted by Beazy View Post
    The laws work great too, no one has been stabbed by a knife in over 290 years. Proof, that prohibition works wonders.
    We had a problem with stabbings in the night life here. After making these regulations and instituting frisk zones in the party areas during the nights lots of people were caught with knives. People weren't getting stabbed. And in the end the amount of people caught with knives became lower and lower indicating either that the police were getting worse at their job or people simply stopped bringing knives.

Deleted
    He could have picked people who practiced better hygiene...

15+ Year Old Account
    Put in a bullet in him and be done with it.
    "There are two types of guys in this world. Guys who sniff their fingers after scratching their balls, and dirty fucking liars." -StylesClashv3
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    Not finding-a-cock-on-your-girlfriend-is-normal level of odd, but nevertheless, still odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Alexander Bychkov grew up in a dysfunctional family and was brought up by single mother.
    Thanks, feminism!

http://trueinstigation.blogspot.com/...r-are-men.html

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    Why even bother with a trial? Lets just round up anyone we suspect is guilty and execute them.
    There is a difference between suspecting someone is guilty and knowing someone is guilty. So they find a gun and it was the murder weapon but nobody really saw him do anything, this is suspicion. A guy admits to killing people, writes down in a journal where they are buried, and wouldn't you know they are all found, this is mother fucking knowing. Just like catching someone on camera. Those trials should be expedited, not allowing them to sit in jail for two years before the case starts, and then leading into a possible "not guilty" verdict, or a really drawn out death sentence. Trash like this should be put to death within a month of the findings, saving time and money to work on other cases that aren't so absolute.