Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    *snipped*
    Couldn't they also "fix" this issue by nerfing the mana cost reductions to HF and Smite so that those two spells aren't virtually "free to cast"?
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Just make Chastise work something like Heart of the Wild. It's out of control in its current iteration.

Check out these logs I just recorded: (496 ilvl, full PvE Shadow gear)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/gtgeogqe5ls2wtf5/

I wasn't even trying very hard. On the Empress kill, my SW: P uptime is garbage and I was Mind Searing 1 target for one of the add phases. ;_;

Enjoy it while it lasts, it won't be around much longer.

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    Just make Chastise work something like Heart of the Wild. It's out of control in its current iteration.

Check out these logs I just recorded: (496 ilvl, full PvE Shadow gear)

http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/gtgeogqe5ls2wtf5/

I wasn't even trying very hard. On the Empress kill, my SW: P uptime is garbage and I was Mind Searing 1 target for one of the add phases. ;_;

Enjoy it while it lasts, it won't be around much longer.

This is my point... if you're holy dps then you should be able to have respectable dps... its not like you're doing ALL that damage AND providing excellent healing. that fight you were 8th on the healing charts.

the trade off is that IF you want to do HOLY DPS then you won't be healing. chakra having a 30 second cd, along with having a total different gear set as heals, makes it IMPOSSIBLE to do great dps AND heals, UNLESS you out gear the content. LFR is LFR no one dies in LFR, heals in lfr usually dont need help... and again you can't heal stupid.

i would love to see logs of a holy dps priest in normal on a boss that isn't farm, Rock the dps AND heal charts, to show that it is viable to do both. Only then would i believe that Holy Dps needs to be nerfed.

Just tried it out yesterday, really fun, great numbers.

I can imagine this to be op for some fights though. Stuff like Bladelord sub 20%. The holy priest pulls great dps numbers for the first 80% of the fight, then boom, Divine Hymn, and all of the sudden you have 3 healers to deal with the damage in the last phase if you don't have great runners. How about windlord? 1 tank, 2 healers is a bit tough if your group's not coordinated. But if you add a holy dps priest in there, all of the sudden you are looking at a lot more cds for rain of blades in the 2nd phase. And more flexible in terms of enrage as the priest's mind sear will do a sickly amount of damage.

I know they don't share gear, and that smite dps itemization's different. But sometimes you don't really need prolong periods of healing, maybe just for 1 or 2 minutes to deal with the spike then go back to dps. This spec would be so very perfect for those. And it is much better than a dps's healing cd like VE or shadow tranq. Obviously sustaining healing and dps at the same time is impossible, but the point is, this spec allows you to perform one of the two roles amazingly well for a period of time during combat.
    Last edited by Xelaeno; 2012-12-23 at 09:42 PM.

GM/Raid Leader of <Air>, Sargeras-US, Alliance
    13/13M Mythic Morning/Day-Time Raiding Guild

Now recruiting for Legion! Apply at air-guild.com

The point I was making is that there's no fucking reason a Holy Priest should be able to do better DPS than a Shadow Priest. I realize it's "just" the LFR, but the DPS I pulled as Holy would have ranked me in the top 20 for that encounter had I pulled the same DPS as Shadow. GC said that a SPriest should never want to consider going Holy to pull competitive numbers, so ... it needs to be adjusted.

Deleted
    Have been doing this for some time in LFR and so, pretty much always ending up in the top 5, regardless of the fight.

Chastise will get a revert on the mana/damage change and all will be back to normal. Honestly GC should be forced to keep this in until they fix holy's mana issues.

Quote Originally Posted by matthias9742 View Post
    Chastise will get a revert on the mana/damage change and all will be back to normal. Honestly GC should be forced to keep this in until they fix holy's mana issues.
    And fix shadow's dps issues.

Deleted
    Tried holy dps on protector elite^^ I did 90k dps but I forgot to swp most of the time (had to bind it during the fight). And the others were around 110k-95k so we arn't that far away. I think I will be playing holy dps on tsulong hc so I can bring a massive amount of heal during day phase.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by matthias9742 View Post
    Not to mention Holy is even more a joke in PvP than Disc and Mistweavers, despite both already being awful in PvP right now.
    Enstraynomic - League of Legends
    TheEnst - Starcraft II

Deleted
    New solace is going to be amazing for holy dps as well.
    Cheap spells + 10 second free spell that actually gives mana back should even allow for completely spiritless builds without going oom.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Imo, they need to just make one of the Holy stances Cause your Holy spell damage to go UP, whilst causing your healing spells to do like 70% less healing.

Just so Priests can have a second fun DPS spec. Since playing a caster that has 2/3 of its trees as heals isn't "that" fun, It would only make sense to have a Holy Spell caster ingame aswell. since it seems to be one of the main Archetypes missing in WoW.

I WANT MY DnD Holy Scourge T___T

Quote Originally Posted by Envar View Post
    New solace is going to be amazing for holy dps as well.
    Cheap spells + 10 second free spell that actually gives mana back should even allow for completely spiritless builds without going oom.
    DPSing
    Chakra: Chastise already makes Smite/Holy Fire virtually free of charge. And even without spirit on your gear, you have a pretty substantial baseline regen that keeps on ticking regardless of spec. Spamming Smite/HF at a 95% discount makes it impossible to run OOM even without spirit. Upgrading a spell that is already 95% off to one that is 100% off seems rather redundant. There is no way you will go OOM in chakra:chastise unless you start serious healing. At which point you absolutely should swap chakra stances anyway. Meaning this talent is utterly useless if you are DPSing.

Healing
    And if you're not in Chakra:Chastise, should you EVER cast Holy Fire as Holy? I say no.
    It's a healing loss to cast due to not spending that GCD healing. It's not doing notable damage unless you buff it through chakra:chastise. The spell is not offering any secondary effects. It's simply put utterly useless unless you are dpsing.

As for the mana gains, you have to measure that Solace gain against mindbender. Mindbender gives 10-11% mana per minute. New solace gives exactly 6% per minute is played optimally. I'm considering this talent a mana loss for holy, no matter how you look at it. Even FDCL looks more tempting to me from a savings point of view.

Conclusion
    So it's useless if you are DPSing, and useless if you are not. That leaves one conclusion.

... no matter how I look at this, the new solace is only something disc priests should consider taking. Casting HF every 10-15 sec is something they should do anyway due to stacking evangelism for Archangel, and the talent as such fit very nicely into their rotation. For holy, the talent is a mana and healing LOSS to take, compared to any option while healing. And it does nothing while dpsing.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Quote Originally Posted by oplawlz View Post
    That's . . . actually pretty cool. If bliz doesn't immediately nerf it for being unintentionally fun I might lvl my priest and give it a whirl.
    true, seems all those silly but fun builds gets nerfed to the ground immediately after someone starts enjoying them

The point I was making is that there's no fucking reason a Holy Priest should be able to do better DPS than a Shadow Priest. I realize it's "just" the LFR, but the DPS I pulled as Holy would have ranked me in the top 20 for that encounter had I pulled the same DPS as Shadow. GC said that a SPriest should never want to consider going Holy to pull competitive numbers, so ... it needs to be adjusted.
    Has it occured to you that shadow needs buffed rather than taking away a cool niche play style option? Why people want less choices in video games really boggles me.

A 5-button "rotation" is hardly a niche playstyle. It's an amusing gimmick but it does need to be toned down. Until Blizzard outright comes out and says they want Holy's Chakra: Chastise to pull competitive DPS, it's doubly frustrating of the state of Shadow DPS and the utter lack of attention Blizzard has put into balancing Priests. I'm all for choices in a video game, but using a healing spec to DPS because your actual DPS spec is so poorly designed is outright insulting.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    A 5-button "rotation" is hardly a niche playstyle. It's an amusing gimmick but it does need to be toned down. Until Blizzard outright comes out and says they want Holy's Chakra: Chastise to pull competitive DPS, it's doubly frustrating of the state of Shadow DPS and the utter lack of attention Blizzard has put into balancing Priests. I'm all for choices in a video game, but using a healing spec to DPS because your actual DPS spec is so poorly designed is outright insulting.
    5-button Rotations are pretty much the norm with most classes anyways, the only other buttons usually pressed are just CD's that come up every once and a while.

There are no real cooldowns for the Chakra: Chastise DPS playstyle. There isn't anything special you can do to improve your DPS. You spam Smite, use HF on CD, keep up SW: P and use Halo/MB on CD. (Halo/MB are baseline talents, I wouldn't really consider them DPS cooldowns.) That's it. There's absolutely nothing else to the rotation. I'm sure you can try relating the simplicity of this rotation to pre-5.0 Arcane, but at least in that situation you had to manage your mana. There isn't anything to this spec. It feels empty and hollow and it's just plain depressing that I'm able to pull numbers even marginally comparable to Shadow by doing it. That's my complaint.
    Last edited by Relapses; 2012-12-26 at 03:21 PM.

You also have that shadowfiend as CD (it is just a damage CD since you don't use it because of the mana) and SWD. You want to get that buff up by hitting low adds if possible (or you could spec a CD instead) and to keep your positioning perfect for halo.

I still don't see how damage specs from other classes are more complicated, or is it the lack of a damage proc you have to react to that makes it "too easy"?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    That is pretty neat.. but to be fair those other dps's numbers are incredibly awful.

http://www.wow-heroes.com/character/...l/Deviltheory/
    “We can easily forgive a child who is afraid of the dark; the real tragedy of life is when men are afraid of the light.” - Plato
    http://www.twitch.tv/seanmphoward / http://www.youtube.com/user/ASoulByondRepair/videos