Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Gamespot PC Game of the Year

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/best-o...winner20121217

Here is the Gamespot PC Game of the Year. I bet you don't know what it is. :P

Nice

In before the whine crew

Scarab Lord Triggered Fridgekin's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's interesting!

It makes me feel better because it wasn't Diablo III.
    A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon.

I really liked GW2, even though I no longer play it. It was a good game and deserves the credit. I was a little sadden that they mentioned at the beginning of that video that "PCs are still a viable gaming platform". I just kind of stared and fought off laughter, because I view PCs as the best gaming platform.

^

Gamespot (and most other major gaming websites) are predominately console focused.

Quite nice. Good points in the video [poorly articulated]. But I would agree the world of GW2 is spectacular and it's key feature.

Why did they separate PC gamers from just games though? The rigor of selection doesn't seem too respectable.

And yet you see all the constant and tiresome whine of people not only here but all around. (Altho we have special people here that just...are over 9000 on whine power).

And the problem is even putting whiners aside, the so "self-titled experts" will make 1001 cons about the game but truly just let all the good aside.
    The game has alot of problems like any other game really, will still take quite a bit to get to the place they need to be, but Ill keep playing a little while that doesn't happen , It's fine, i've played way too much already lol.

So yeah, I don't post as much, too much badness even on the higher ups.

But I am glad that they achieved this and there is probably more to come .

That's good, they put in a lot of work into the game so its nice for them to be recognized for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post

Why did they separate PC gamers from just games though? The rigor of selection doesn't seem too respectable.
    They have separate categories for each platform. They will probably have an overall game of the year in the next day or so.

I think the christmas event made me realize just how much I really like the game. I haven't played since halloween, so just being able to hop back in whenever I want was just kinda like, this is awesome. No sub isn't really a major reason I like the game, but it's just nice that I can approach the game with a real casual attitude and still be able to enjoy everything about the game.

So ya...not playing much, but that doesn't mean I don't like the game because I do very much. I'm just at a different place in my life right now where I can't play MMOs 12+ hours a day anymore, and honestly...I'm not sure I would want to even if I could.

this thread is surprisingly positive for a change. keep it up. _b

These christmas events and even larger ones are coming jan/feb (they are saying feb one will be huge) are fantastic. Not only are they fun but they seem to be bringing back players that quit the game early on and have seen news about them and are returning.

congrats Anet, deserved.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    I think the christmas event made me realize just how much I really like the game. I haven't played since halloween, so just being able to hop back in whenever I want was just kinda like, this is awesome. No sub isn't really a major reason I like the game, but it's just nice that I can approach the game with a real casual attitude and still be able to enjoy everything about the game.

So ya...not playing much, but that doesn't mean I don't like the game because I do very much. I'm just at a different place in my life right now where I can't play MMOs 12+ hours a day anymore, and honestly...I'm not sure I would want to even if I could.
    I'm the same way. I have a 1-year-old and a husband, and I'm actively seeking employment, so GW2 is perfect for me. It's casual and keeps me entertained for hours. The Wintersday event is amazing, I love it! They really got the jumping puzzle spot on this time; not too difficult, but not too easy.

So Game of the year on Time magazine, PC games of the year on Gamespot and hopefully game of the year on IGN too. Well deserved! and it is getting even better day by day!

Edit: And RPG of the year on Gamespot
    Last edited by androidftw; 2012-12-19 at 06:36 AM.

I'm completely fine with their choice, but they really need to work on their...delivery I guess?...of the points they are trying to make.
    Q: Where the fuck is Xia Xia, SIU?!?!
    A1: She needs to start making eggs for Easter...
    A2: Drunk and sleeping somewhere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad Anet's getting the recognition they deserve, but even happier about The walking dead receiving it. Great games
    Monk, I need a monk!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zilong View Post
    And yet you see all the constant and tiresome whine of people not only here but all around. (Altho we have special people here that just...are over 9000 on whine power).

And the problem is even putting whiners aside, the so "self-titled experts" will make 1001 cons about the game but truly just let all the good aside.
    The game has alot of problems like any other game really, will still take quite a bit to get to the place they need to be, but Ill keep playing a little while that doesn't happen , It's fine, i've played way too much already lol.

So yeah, I don't post as much, too much badness even on the higher ups.

But I am glad that they achieved this and there is probably more to come .
    We also have special people who are over 9000 with the biased factor. I think it's a terrible game while you think it's good, I also think it's arrogant to dismiss people who don't like it and call them whiners just because you like it.

I don't mean to come into this thread and bash the game to start arguments or whatever, definitely not, but this post annoyed me a bit..

10+ Year Old Account
    Not only did GW2 win PC Game of the Year from GameSpot, but GameSpot also awarded them RPG of the Year!

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/best-o...winner20121213
    Valar morghulis

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Not only did GW2 win PC Game of the Year from GameSpot, but GameSpot also awarded them RPG of the Year!

http://www.gamespot.com/shows/best-o...winner20121213
    Great! I do think it is a fine RPG in itself. I agree with Gamespot and of all the games out this year..GW2 beats them all hands down. Of course this is my opinion and based on what I think a game should have to entertain me.

Besides dungeons, the game is great.

Dungeons are more casual oriented then hardcore, sadly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Besides dungeons, the game is great.

Dungeons are more casual oriented then hardcore, sadly.
    Well you could call fractals 20+ a bit more hardcore... but at the same time it's blatantly stupid to climb from 1 to 20 by just farming it. (one of the reasons why i stopped playing the game, i love PvE and well i felt a bit sad, but there's also lack of time to play the game :C)