Future Idea For Gaining Rep

I see that Blizz is still getting complaints about the whole dailies/rep thing (and rightfully so) and I thought of an idea that I think would make most people happy.

First off dailies AND Tabards are both in the game. You get rep from both. However, when you hit 2,999 neutral, 5,999 friendly, 11,999 honored, 20,999 revered you have to do a questline in order to progress the reputation further. It can be anywhere from 3 quests starting at neutral to 10-12 quests at exalted. This allows people to gain rep the way they want while still conveying the faction's storyline and purpose to the player.

I think this is a much better system than the current implementation though I know they can't go back and fix the current factions like this. But maybe they could use something like this in the future instead of these quick fixes we keep getting for reputation. What do you guys think?
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    You're full of shit honey.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostcrawler
    You should have no expectations for the next expansion IMO...

10+ Year Old Account
    Sounds like a good idea. I would like to see more storyline progression worked into reputations. The Dominance Offensive questline was pretty fun.

Blizz is concerned that people will feel compelled to grind out reputations ASAP with tabards, but putting in multiple one-per-day questlines would act as artificial blocks on that.

Another possibility - make an item rewarded from daily questing give you a buff that acts like a temporary tabard - you have one hour or so to do as many dungeon runs as you can for extra rep.

What if I don't care about the story? Or I'm sick of questing my face off from 85-90? Why can't they allow for you to do your dailies and for me to do whatever I like without the need for it to mix? Never the twain shall meet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh wow... casuals have truly taken over the game... Stop complaining... why? Because the reason you gain rep via dailies is because YOU WANTED IT! I enjoyed the game when you had to gain rep via quests from leveling and then farm the dungeons until you were revered to get the keys for heroic where your rep would go up quicker... That's what it takes to grind rep... not doing dailies. We can't go back to those times though... WoW is changing and from what I can tell, not in the right direction, I still have no regrets quiting that failure of a game... not a failure? Why is this thread created if it wasn't in the decline? :]

Or here is an idea... blizzard goes back to making dailies, weeklies... That was much better when quests were supposed to reset every tuesday... it also made for good world PvP on Quel'Danas
    Last edited by crakerjack; 2012-12-18 at 08:05 PM.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

I think your idea is missing part of the point of dailies. From my understanding, there are 2 points to dailies:

1) Gain rep by doing things related to the faction.
    2) Get players out into the world.

The current system does both of those succesfully. Your idea will not do either of those. So, I highly doubt that Blizz will consider your idea as a feasible solution.

Now, if you can find other ways to meet those 2 criteria, then you may have something. Unfortunately, your idea doesn't meet either one. Maybe tweak it?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I think your idea is missing part of the point of dailies. From my understanding, there are 2 points to dailies:

1) Gain rep by doing things related to the faction.
    2) Get players out into the world.

The current system does both of those succesfully. Your idea will not do either of those. So, I highly doubt that Blizz will consider your idea as a feasible solution.

Now, if you can find other ways to meet those 2 criteria, then you may have something. Unfortunately, your idea doesn't meet either one. Maybe tweak it?

Dailies have not fulfilled their purpose of getting people out into the world. I wish they could add more rare type monsters, and some sort of challenging single player endgame content aswell. random rare puzzles, treasures and events. Something that's not always in the same place, something out in the world that you might stumble upon if you go and look for randomness.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    Dailies have not fulfilled their purpose of getting people out into the world. I wish they could add more rare type monsters, and some sort of challenging single player endgame content aswell. random rare puzzles, treasures and events. Something that's not always in the same place, something out in the world that you might stumble upon if you go and look for randomness.
    Except nothing is random, that would just result in people camping the spots they know, like the rares. Dailies, though note I hate them, get a lot of people to the same places, do the same things, on the ground, for a prolonged amount of time.

This game has never been about solo content, either. How exactly do you want to get (a lot) of players back in the world with random solo content or rares?

Not to mention that the few solo high level quests were exceptionally boring, it has to be tuned for everyone and that means bads, undergeared people, etc. I'd much rather have more 5man content out in the world. Like scenarios (which unfortunately are also exceptionally undertuned), where I'd be able to fly over kun lai and see people doing a scenario there. Like that.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    Oh wow... casuals have truly taken over the game... Stop complaining... why? Because the reason you gain rep via dailies is because YOU WANTED IT! I enjoyed the game when you had to gain rep via quests from leveling and then farm the dungeons until you were revered to get the keys for heroic where your rep would go up quicker... That's what it takes to grind rep... not doing dailies. We can't go back to those times though... WoW is changing and from what I can tell, not in the right direction, I still have no regrets quiting that failure of a game... not a failure? Why is this thread created if it wasn't in the decline? :]

Or here is an idea... blizzard goes back to making dailies, weeklies... That was much better when quests were supposed to reset every tuesday... it also made for good world PvP on Quel'Danas
    God, you are so damn annoying. You are always complaining about how the game sucks and you dont even play it anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonaire View Post
    I don't know but all dailies are done out in the world and dailies from every hub change from time to time so that you have different things to do. In addition to that in the dread waste are some hidden dailies where you need to kill an elite mob and in the dread waste, kun lai and valley of the four winds are elite mobs that drop a one time use groundmount. Also don't forget the hidden questline where you need to kill one elite mob in every zone to create an item to summon one that drops a ilvl 463 fistweapon.

As for the problem with reputation. Tabards probably won't happen because then again reputation is a byproduct from doing something different. Blizzard wants us players (as players demanded) to do different things for different reasons. So we have dailiy quests to gain reputation, heroic dungeons for rare quality gear, raids for epic quality gear and PVP for PVP gear. Doing anything PVE related like dailies, dungeons or raids you gain VP as a byproduct.

So I think the solution for the problem isn't the way you gain reputation but the fact that you need a certain level of reputation to gain access to VP gear and raid relevant crafting recipes. Just make it that you can unlock VP gear by doing the initial questline in the corresponding zone and sell the raid relevant recipes for VP.

This way people can buy the gear without doing one single daily quest and all the other rewards are completely optional and not gameplay relevant. Faction tabards, mounts and recipes to create mounts are optional.

Quote Originally Posted by crakerjack View Post
    I've never thought about it as I wasn't around for raiding in BC, but Quel'Danas must have sucked so, so hard for anyone trying to run the 5man as the minority faction of their PVP server. Literally corpse walking from the moment the loading screen finished and they're already dead all the way to the portal, get in just to run it once, hearth.
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."