Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    The moment he told them to "suck dick" they should have arrested him, props to those cops for not "restraining" the mouthy little bastard. All that video did was show what a little shit he was and that he was baiting them.
    Since when was "suck dick" a crime worth being arrested?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Auloria View Post
    You have a right to privacy in your dorm room. That was an illegal search. Instead of arguing with the cops he should have called a lawyer.
    They aren't cops. They're campus security who have a right to come into your room if they have probable cause. Read the contract you sign when you go to live in a dorm facility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by renegadeimp View Post
    Plus he was verbally abusing the officers which IS a crime.
    Bullshit. There's this thing called First Amendment. Ever heard of it? I hate linking to wikipedia but as a fast source it'll have to do:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contempt_of_cop

Freedom of speech is protected under the First Amendment to the United States Constitution, so non-threatening verbal "abuse" of a police officer is not in itself criminal behavior
    Nothing the douche in the video said was in any way or form a crime.

What we witnessed was what happens when you give a small man too much power. It goes to their head, they think they can do whatever they want, they think they don't need to follow the rules, regulations and laws they're meant to uphold, and they end up breaking them instead.

I'm not American, but there isn't any way in Hell I'm letting anyone across the threshold of my home without my approval. If there are guys outside my door without a right to come in, demanding I let them in, they can go F themselves, police or no police.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    In a case like this you should get all the details. In many colleges in the United States campus police are fully accredited police departments and often have wider range of powers than the local police. For example, in Texas when you sign your university housing agreement you are also providing consent for unwarranted searches by university personnel.

I have not watched this video and can not attest to the facts in this case but to assume that the University Police or Security entered illegally is shortsighted.

10+ Year Old Account
    Telling a Police Officer to suck dick. Yeah that's going to go real well in court.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

wow that kid was a dick, I'm on the cops side with this, They started off polite and he tried to be a tough guy douche bag.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron View Post
    Telling a Police Officer to suck dick. Yeah that's going to go real well in court.
    As others have linked, that is protected speech under the 1st Amendment. It may be immature, but it's legal to say it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Themius View Post
    Since when was "suck dick" a crime worth being arrested?
    Police will always find a reason, Never trust them but always be polite to them.

That video didn't do much for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    As others have linked, that is protected speech under the 1st Amendment. It may be immature, but it's legal to say it.

Legally be that as it may, it can be used against him.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Deleted
    Shitty douchebag kid even if the police is wrong for barging in, I doubt it was really without a reason, the kid acted like a douchebag to the cops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow... I'm talking directly to all the people who actually believe you can't talk shit to a cop... you are 100% ignorant. What do you think our first amendment is??? Exactly... the only thing you can't do is threaten them... you can make fun of them... you can call them fat, ugly, stupid... as long as you don't say anything that they can say is threatening.

The issue here isn't that the kid isn't smart and knows his rights... it's that he's acting as if his dorm is his house... which isn't. The whole warrant thing would work if it were off campus, but because he's in a dorm... the campus police can do what they please.
    Most likely the wisest Enhancement Shaman.

If I was his university dean he'd be out on his ass for being a complete and utter jerk & bringing the establishment into disrepute, there's no part of that video whereby he conducted himself in a manner which is acceptable conduct. The "security"/"cops" may have got owned by the guy verbally, but when it's all said & done they'll still have their job, the kid will be looking for a new school.
    Koodledrum - Balnazzar EU - 85 Priest - Retired.

Quote Originally Posted by RICH1471 View Post
    I always love WNYIRISHGUYs thread, always full of conspiracy and paranoia. On topic, that guy was abusive to the police, thats an arrestable offence. They were inquiring, he was rude then baited them. From what we can hear in the video the police started very politely, that guy was a dick from the very start.
    Freedom of speech, he can call them whatever he wants. No I don't agree with his attitude but he probably broke some rules of the university by behaving like that anyways.

The kid's an idiot and it seems like the thread title is wrong in just about every way. They weren't police and it sounds like they probably have the right to enter a student's room if they believe they have reason to do so.

Deleted
    What a massive ball bag.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not cops, university security.

They never mentioned charging him with anything, just kicking him out. Which, as a private institution, the university is entirely within their rights to do, given this justification.

It's a dorm room. It's not an apartment, and even with an apartment, your landlord doesn't need a warrant to enter. As university admins, these security officers were agents of his landlord, not "cops", and thus entirely justified in entering.

Quote Originally Posted by Sydänyö View Post
    Bullshit. There's this thing called First Amendment. Ever heard of it? I hate linking to wikipedia but as a fast source it'll have to do:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Contempt_of_cop
    The ONLY thing the First Amendment covers is whether something is a crime, and there's plenty of exceptions. Fraud, incitement to riot, etc. Not to mention "fighting words" doctrine. There's absolutely nothing that says the university can't kick him out for swearing. They're not the government, and the First Amendment does not in any way apply.

Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    May wanna learn what the first amendment covers. Telling people to suck your dick isnt one of them, lmao

Quote Originally Posted by koodledrum View Post
    If I was his university dean he'd be out on his ass for being a complete and utter jerk & bringing the establishment into disrepute, there's no part of that video whereby he conducted himself in a manner which is acceptable conduct. The "security"/"cops" may have got owned by the guy verbally, but when it's all said & done they'll still have their job, the kid will be looking for a new school.
    Actually I heard they lost their jobs because of this.

Quote Originally Posted by chadwix View Post
    May wanna learn what the first amendment covers. Telling people to suck your dick isnt one of them, lmao
    In this case it's obvious I know more than you.