Need help on ambershaper

So my guild is currently wiping on ambershaper on normal mode. But during the first phase how many times do you guys get reshape life during this phase? we are currently on 4

2 here with the add coming out before the second tank is broken, your dps probably need to pick it up a bit.

2 or 3 healers?

We get 2-3 reshapes. If it is close we will typically just let it happen and get the 3rd reshape life and transition into p2. But if we are making good % progress we will just push during the 2nd reshape and transition.

We are 3 healing.

3 healers, 3 reshapes, no dps problems in any of the phases. and like the guy above me, we get that 3rd reshape when he's at about 67% cuz of the stupid amber scalpel cast.

Deleted
    We have 6 reshape life's in the first phase. We hold dps until the 6th then don't kill anymore jelly babies. Phase 2 and 3 go so quickly this way that it trivialises the fight

Quote Originally Posted by Qujam View Post
    We have 6 reshape life's in the first phase. We hold dps until the 6th then don't kill anymore jelly babies. Phase 2 and 3 go so quickly this way that it trivialises the fight
    Wow 6 reshapes? Tha is an interesting strategy ( tough if it works it is fine for me)
    We usually have 2-3 reshapes based on the dps, usually with the 3rd one the Monstrosity is on the lose

Deleted
    Its deliberate,we could get 2 reshapes easily enough, but we leave it in the easy first phase until we have enough pools to feed all the jelly babies through pase 2 and 3

We are pushing the phase just after the third which is killing us every time, and we're deciding whether or not to push for 2 or stop and clean up ambers and go 3. My logic is that more time in phase 1 isn't bad because that just gives us more pools. Is that sensible or no?

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 10:19 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Qujam View Post
    How does this affect your phase 2 time? Do you just accumulate pools and start staying in constructs permanently in that phase?

We killed it by doing the transition when the 3rd reshape goes out in P1 i.e. the monstrosity spawns when the 3rd reshaped tank is at ~70%. We then break the second tank out fast and do P2 as normal. We found that this made P2 much easier to deal with because the cast for reshape life goes out ~30 seconds before his amber explosion, thereby making it easier to interrupt i.e. we avoid a situation where we have to have everyone in P2 eating a pool in order to stay alive long enough to interrupt.

Also I would love to hear more on the 6 reshape in P1 strat. Do you still break out people who get reshaped in P2 or do you leave them reshaped for the entirety of the fight at this point?
    Last edited by Rhyseh; 2012-12-18 at 10:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyseh View Post
    We killed it by doing the transition when the 3rd reshape goes out in P1. We found that this made the timer for his amber explosion vs when we had someone reshaped much more stable.

Also I would love to hear more on the 6 reshape in P1 strat. Do you still break out people who get reshaped in P2 or do you leave them reshaped for the entirety of the fight at this point?
    same question. loving the idea of this strat and annoyed we've been doing it without it

I would assume so, since there's NO WAY you'd need that many pools just for P3.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

That makes me think of another question: Could you start slapping Amber Shaper with debuffs in the second phase? I know he takes greatly reduced damage, but if you could start phase 3 with a bunch of stacks...

Quote Originally Posted by blargh312 View Post
    I would assume so, since there's NO WAY you'd need that many pools just for P3.
    My only concern would be that the tanks will start getting reshaped before the end of P3, thus leading to very fast deaths. I would imagine you would have to break some people out, however you may want to go into P3 with ~2 or 3 people reshaped so you can start stacking that debuff quickly.

You could potentially have one person who is reshaped dedicated to stacking the debuff on the boss for the whole phase and then do the rest of the reshapes as normal i.e. One person stacks the debuff on Amber shaper and keeps gobbling pools to keep their energy up, while you handle the other reshapes as normal or leave another person on the monstrosity full time and have the other reshape as per normal.

Would be very interested to hear from someone who has done this successfully.

My only concern would be that the tanks will start getting reshaped before the end of P3, thus leading to very fast deaths. I would imagine you would have to break some people out, however you may want to go into P3 with ~2 or 3 people reshaped so you can start stacking that debuff quickly.

You could potentially have one person who is reshaped dedicated to stacking the debuff on the boss for the whole phase and then do the rest of the reshapes as normal i.e. One person stacks the debuff on Amber shaper and keeps gobbling pools to keep their energy up, while you handle the other reshapes as normal or leave another person on the monstrosity full time and have the other reshape as per normal.
    You'd absolutely have to do it that way or it would be pointless. Let's think of two scenarios: scenario A is starting phase 3 with X people left to be reshaped (X being less than 10, doesn't matter how many, just less than 10 so you already have at least one person reshaped), and scenario B with 10 people left to be reshaped (so no one reshaped to start). In these scenarios, boss would have ZERO stacks going into phase 3.

In scenario A, you start the phase with Amber Shaper at 70% health, 0 stacks, and X people left to be reshaped.

In scenario B, you start the phase with the same conditions except no one reshaped (10 left). You're dpsing. You get your first construct and start putting up stacks. You get your second construct and etc. etc.

By the time group B gets to X people left (the starting point for group A), the boss will be under 70% (doesn't matter how much), and have some stacks already up. So in terms of running out of people to reshape, method B is superior in every respect.

So in order to do it group A's way and gain any sort of advantage, you'd absolutley have to start stacking on the boss in the 2nd phase, otherwise the whole strategy is pointless.

There's really no reason to do it that way on normal though, it's just overcomplicating the fight. That's pretty much what you have to do on heroic though because P3 has to be as short as possible.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    You'd absolutely have to do it that way or it would be pointless. Let's think of two scenarios: scenario A is starting phase 3 with X people left to be reshaped (X being less than 10, doesn't matter how many, just less than 10 so you already have at least one person reshaped), and scenario B with 10 people left to be reshaped (so no one reshaped to start). In these scenarios, boss would have ZERO stacks going into phase 3.

In scenario A, you start the phase with Amber Shaper at 70% health, 0 stacks, and X people left to be reshaped.

In scenario B, you start the phase with the same conditions except no one reshaped (10 left). You're dpsing. You get your first construct and start putting up stacks. You get your second construct and etc. etc.

By the time group B gets to X people left (the starting point for group A), the boss will be under 70% (doesn't matter how much), and have some stacks already up. So in terms of running out of people to reshape, method B is superior in every respect.

So in order to do it group A's way and gain any sort of advantage, you'd absolutley have to start stacking on the boss in the 2nd phase, otherwise the whole strategy is pointless.
    That's my assumption, however we all know the adage about assuming.... I'm simply looking for confirmation on the number of people you want reshaped at any one time in P2 and, more importantly, on the P2 to P3 switch.

Deleted
    In 25M N we do it that way :

3 tank / 6 heal / 16 DPS
    Tank 1 & 2 are MT, Tank 3 are Construct Bot.

1. P1 : DPS Boss at 72%
    2. Wait until Reshape Life (6)
    2.1 If Tank 3 target -> DPS Boss. ** P2 **
    2.2 If Tank 1-2 target -> Kill the tank ! No Mercy.
    2.3 Reshape Life (7) -> This Reshape must be Tank 1-2 or Tank 3
    2.3.1 If Tank 3 target -> DPS Boss & Rez Tank 1-2. ** P2 **
    2.3.2 If Tank 1-2 target -> DPS him to 20% and let him go out of the Construct
    2.3.3 Reshape Life (8) -> This Reshape must be on Tank 3 ! -> DPS Boss & Rez the tank die in Reshape Life (6). ** P2 **

We let the Tank3 Construct until we kill the boss (they are enough pool to absorb <3), he kick the Monstruosity, stack debuff on it (and on the boss when the monstruosity is around 35%), so other people in the raid have just to learn to hit 2 when they cast "Amber Explosion".
    We don't let the random DPS construct in p2, not enough pool for P3. The goal is that people with "low skill" have nothing to do unless to spam 1 and hit 2 when DBM yell at them

Don't know if it's possible to adapt it for the 10m raiding ! Btw the DPS of the Tank3 is around 100k DPS at the end of the fight.
    Last edited by mmoce91caa2815; 2012-12-19 at 09:53 AM.

Deleted
    During phase 1 we take 6 reshape life. Then in phase 2 we don't kill any more reshapes at all. We generally get 2 reshapes during phase 2 and at the end of the fight we normally have 7 total beating on the boss.

We don't stack the debuff on the boss during phase 2, but i guess it would be advantageous.

the main benefits we found were a significantly faster phase 2, dont have to stop dps on the boss, (killing 2 reshapes would be ~16million iirc) and phase 3 goes so much quicker as you have 2 reshapes up at the start to get stacks on the boss earlier

Just wanna clarify we were doing 10 man so I'm not sure if the number of reshapes is different. 2 healing.

After the second reshape life, the other tank will be near broken out % when the amber monstrosity comes out. The other tank picks him up while we finish breaking the other tank out. There is a danger in the monstrosity's explosion going off on the first reshape life so usually we left the first one to be reshaped eat one pool to interrupt it and then break him out. If the boss is about to transition we leave any reshaped adds up. Phase 3 goes exponentially faster and we pop all our healing cooldowns during it.