Page 1 of 2
LastLast

tanking advise on wind lord

How much hp (raid buffed) is good enough to solo tank this? I tried tanking i in my crappy 466 ilvl 2 weeks ago and got annihilated once my cds were up.. i have slightly better gear now.. 474.. but i am still not confident if thats enough. also any tanking advise for this boss? is there anything i shuld watch out for while i am aoe tanking adds + boss?

edit: this refers to 10 man.
    Last edited by devilminion; 2012-12-19 at 12:36 AM.

as long as dispels are going out and you aren't getting hit by whirling blade you're likely fine.

If you're dying it generally isn't your fault. It's the dps (or healing priest's) fault for not dispelling quickening from the mobs. This is the only thing that poses any issue for people dying on this fight.

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    DK's are not optimal for that fight because of the way your mastery works. That being said I'd say a ilvl average of 490 should be enough to solo it, obviously depending on your healers. also, 10m or 25m?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm solo tanking in about 483 and only really have a problem when I have no CD's and Quickening is up on them, or I fail and stand in the Whirling Blade.

We tried to Solo tank this with our DK and found it very throat in mouth from a healing perspective. I was mass dispelling Quickening every time it was cast, however in some cases the DK would go from full HP to dead within 2 seconds. If you have another tank class I would advise you have them solo tank it. Not trying to say DK's can't do it but it makes life very hard for your healers. Paladin's are excellent at this fight

yeah thats what i noticed too. I died on few attempts without even using IBF because i dropped from 100-0 in 2 seconds. as i mentioned i dont have the luxury of 490 ilvl etc. i am at 474 atm.. so i guess we will just have to 2 tank or try a solo pally tank for this.

Deleted
    Unless you are on interupt duty (and I guess even if you are but it's easier if you are not) you can take the glyph of ice touch to help with dispelling.
    When we killed it on normal I mostly sat on boss and dispelled him whenever he had a quickening buff.

Also I noticed that mass dispel doesn't always dispel all the targets (for whatever reason). Occasionally you would end up with an ad or the boss still having the quickening buff so be ready with individual dispels and purges. Also you may like to try a kill order of the Menders then bring both the trappers and blade masters down together. This should alleviate most of the drama's.

Deleted
    Did it with 469ish ilvl the first week, was not an issue to solo tank. Did it this week with 13/16 slots dps gear (480ish ilvl). Keep stuff dispelled, and you'll be fine.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kitchie View Post
    Did it with 469ish ilvl the first week, was not an issue to solo tank. Did it this week with 13/16 slots dps gear (480ish ilvl). Keep stuff dispelled, and you'll be fine.
    Probably not everyone is pro like you and your raid teammates so maybe a proper tank gear would be better.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you use your cooldowns correctly and dont stand in avoidable damage (eg. blade throw) you should be fine. You can pull ridiculous hps numbers as a dk... I'm almost up to 70k HpS as dk gotta love our mastery...
    What doesn't kill me gives me Vengeance.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...psody/advanced

10+ Year Old Account
    Our DK and I take turns each week and neither of us have issues. Make sure no one with amber prison is near the tank as it stuns them (resulting in death usually) and the buff on the adds is getting dispelled promptly (forget the name).

Probably won't see a smooth fight until 480+ but probably doable below that depending on your+raid/healers performance.
    [/URL]
    The four elements, like man alone, are weak. But together they form the strong fifth element: Boron.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SurrealNight View Post
    Our DK and I take turns each week and neither of us have issues. Make sure no one with amber prison is near the tank as it stuns them (resulting in death usually) and the buff on the adds is getting dispelled promptly (forget the name).

Probably won't see a smooth fight until 480+ but probably doable below that depending on your+raid/healers performance.
    While it's (obviously) best avoided completely, you can easily take desecrated ground to break yourself out if someone runs too close to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Italiandk View Post
    Probably not everyone is pro like you and your raid teammates so maybe a proper tank gear would be better.
    Why be snarky? The rest of the thread has already explained that solo-tanking shouldn't be a problem, regardless of gear level, as long as you correctly handle dispels.

The person you quoted was being honest and direct. He actually contributed to the thread, unlike you.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post
    Why be snarky? The rest of the thread has already explained that solo-tanking shouldn't be a problem, regardless of gear level, as long as you correctly handle dispels.

The person you quoted was being honest and direct. He actually contributed to the thread, unlike you.
    uhh no?
    he did nothing to help but brag about how he tanked it with low ilvl.. whihc may or may not be true anyways. did he mention how/when to use cds? no. any dk tips? no. Anything regarding dispels? no. so yeah useless post.

I am pretty sure we werent using mass dispel during my attempt.. so that should really help tmr when we try it.

Quote Originally Posted by kuku2 View Post

Still what's the point tanking it in 480 dps gear if you have 496 tanking gear °_°

with 501 tank gear i can solo tank heroic mod pretty easy. stacks going up to 3 i dont know 3 stack is much or low but try not to let much stack on boss after 1-2 group dead..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by qptrax View Post
    with 501 tank gear i can solo tank heroic mod pretty easy. stacks going up to 3 i dont know 3 stack is much or low but try not to let much stack on boss after 1-2 group dead..
    3 stacks is pretty high but if your raid manage them then ok. Usually you should dispell everyone and keep adds and boss within 0 stacks.

on heroic 3 stacks on anything but the healer = dead raid °_°