Page 1 of 2
LastLast

War Thunder - World War II military aviation, armored vehicles, and fleets MMO

War Thunder[Beta]

War Thunder is an MMO combat game dedicated to World War II military aviation, armored vehicles, and fleets. You will take part in all of the major combat battles, fighting with real players all over the world.
    War Thunder offers a highly detailed and personalized aviation experience, giving players access to hundreds models of planes with detailed cockpits, dozens of upgradeable weapons, and flying skills that can be honed and improved with each mission. Thanks to the game’s painstaking attention to detail, you’ll truly feel like a World War II fighter pilot as you plunge into battle.

The genuine World War II experience isn’t limited to the skies. The massive historical battles featured in War Thunder cannot be fought by aviation alone, so the game will also expose players to combat on land and at sea.
    Features include:
    • Varied PvP-experiences set in full-scale combat missions
    • Multiple settings options allow advanced virtual pilots and beginners to enjoy playing the game together
    • Rich PvE content: dynamic campaigns, solo missions, mission editor, and much more for single-player and cooperative gameplay
    • Impressive diversity includes detailed models of planes and their cockpits, as well as tanks and ships
    • Astonishing graphics, authentic sound effects, and beautiful music

For more detailed descriptions, please, follow this link: http://warthunder.com/en/game/features/

-------------
    War Thunder is an MMO combat game dedicated to World War II military aviation, armored vehicles, and fleets. Take part in all of the major combat battles, fighting with real players all over the world!

Following numerous requests from the War Thunder community we decided to take part in Steam Greenlight to bring the game to more players who value massive online combat action, realistic and dynamic gameplay and hi-end graphics.

You can play the game and make your own impression now!
    Download it from http://warthunder.com/

During the Beta Test more then 500 000 players had participated in more than 60 million fly-outs, spending tens of million of hours in the game; and the game has received more then thousand of updates, constantly adding new features and increasing quality of the game.

War Thunder offers a highly detailed and personalized aviation experience, giving players access to hundreds models of planes with detailed cockpits, dozens of upgradeable weapons, and flying skills that can be honed and improved with each mission. The massive historical battles featured in War Thunder cannot be fought by aviation alone, so the game will also expose players to combat on land and at sea.
    Now, at the current stage of development all ground and naval forces are controlled by AI but later during the beta we are going to make them available for players as well as aircrafts.

War Thunder in its beta test features varied PvP-experiences set in full-scale combat missions. From fast, reckless and amazingly easy-to-start dog-fights in Arcade, to tactical and more challenging missions in Historical battles and completely genuine flight simulation experience in Realistic mode – every pilot will definitely get what they find most exciting and what they ask from a WWII flight-sim.
    Multiple settings options allow advanced virtual pilots and beginners to enjoy playing the game together.
    War Thunder also presents rich PvE-content: dynamic campaigns, solo missions, mission editor, and much more for single-player and cooperative gameplay.
    The number of playable aircraft is now more then 200 and it will at least double by the release. Add to that all planes’ cockpits fully-identical to their real-life prototypes and dozens of armored vehicles and ships participating the action on huge painstakingly recreated locations of WWII theaters of war.
    And for maximum immersion: beautiful hi-end graphics, authentic sound effects for all engines and guns, and beautiful music – we are doing our best to help our pilots feel like they are indeed fighting a war!

Current game state:

• Beta-stage, release in 2013.
    • More then 500 000 players have participated in beta-test
    • More then 60 million fly-outs
    • Tens of millions hours played

Short feature list:

• More then 200 historical accurate planes in game
    • Tens of different locations, hundreds of missions, thousands of upgrades and weapons
    • Playable with mouse only!
    • Multiple settings options allow advanced virtual pilots and beginners to enjoy playing the game together
    • Rich PvE content: dynamic campaigns, solo missions, mission editor, and much more for single-player and cooperative gameplay
    • Impressive diversity includes detailed models of planes and their cockpits, as well as tanks and ships

Future plans:
    • Controllable ground vehicels and ships
    • Steam achievements
    • Steam friendlists support
    • Steam Cloud support
    • and lots of more features and updates - visit official roadmap on game site

Community and gamers feedback are very important to us and so we have a lot of community related features in the game (and we will add more!).
    Here are some examples of gameplay movies created by community, using replay feature:
    http://youtu.be/mwbm6xSXabM
    http://youtu.be/8ypABVvKGTA
    http://youtu.be/0r9hsOqEv4o
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hItyYdQxABQ

See you soon in the skies of War Thunder and thank you for voting for us on GreenLight!
    Try now on http://warthunder.com
    Links:
    http://warthunder.com/en/
    http://www.facebook.com/WarThunder
    Review: http://www.f2p.com/mmo-review/war-th...usive-preview/

Currently, it is in beta phase, only aviation so far - USA, Japan, Great Britain, Germany and USSR planes.
    After testing, I must say that this game runs much better than it's competition equivalent from Wargaming. You can register now and try it.

Controls?
    Very easy and intuitive, 2 keyboard+mouse presets, you can use gamepad or joystick too.

Maps?
    Up to 300x300 km, high realism, maps from accross the world. How does it look like?

Game modes?
    Solo or team queue - instant action (16vs16): selecy a nation, planes and join the global queue. "PvP battles, co-op missions and campaign that re-enact real historical battles like Pearl Harbor. If you don't feel to play with other players you can always play the missions and campaign with AI allies too. Every campaign is composed by some missions with different objective and you can choose to play them all or just the ones you like." One mission will be about destroying all ground forces, while fighting with each other. Another is to take 3 airfields (yes, you must land with a plane on it to capture it). Another is about destroying convoys, and so on.
    You can take up to 4 planes for each mission. Repair costs? No more than 5% of what you earn.

Hopefully, this game will get a serious promotion in the West, because so far not many ppl heared about it Try it, it's great fun
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2012-12-31 at 10:07 AM.

Sooo someone saw much much money world of tanks was cashing in and decided to make one as well but with all included?
    hmmm, it seems interesting, but will have to see to know, not favourite genre/type of game

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    Sooo someone saw much much money world of tanks was cashing in and decided to make one as well but with all included?
    hmmm, it seems interesting, but will have to see to know, not favourite genre/type of game
    Yes and no. I think that War Thunder gives more fun + is better quality + less grindy (less punishing). Fun fact is, it is also made by another eastern european studio:P

Quote Originally Posted by Slaughty8 View Post
    Yes and no. I think that War Thunder gives more fun + is better quality + less grindy (less punishing). Fun fact is, it is also made by another eastern european studio:P
    How is it more fun? and quality of WoT is quite good
    I can see it being less grindy though lol

Quote Originally Posted by Kurioxan View Post
    How is it more fun? and quality of WoT is quite good
    I can see it being less grindy though lol
    It is my own opinion, test it and judge by yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Looks good! Will start the download any minute now.

And so, they have finally decided to get on Steam If you tested it or liked, vote to make it moved from Steam Green Light to Steam
    http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=115947344

Info:
    War Thunder is an MMO combat game dedicated to World War II military aviation, armored vehicles, and fleets. Take part in all of the major combat battles, fighting with real players all over the world!

Following numerous requests from the War Thunder community we decided to take part in Steam Greenlight to bring the game to more players who value massive online combat action, realistic and dynamic gameplay and hi-end graphics.

You can play the game and make your own impression now!
    Download it from http://warthunder.com/

During the Beta Test more then 500 000 players had participated in more than 60 million fly-outs, spending tens of million of hours in the game; and the game has received more then thousand of updates, constantly adding new features and increasing quality of the game.

War Thunder offers a highly detailed and personalized aviation experience, giving players access to hundreds models of planes with detailed cockpits, dozens of upgradeable weapons, and flying skills that can be honed and improved with each mission. The massive historical battles featured in War Thunder cannot be fought by aviation alone, so the game will also expose players to combat on land and at sea.
    Now, at the current stage of development all ground and naval forces are controlled by AI but later during the beta we are going to make them available for players as well as aircrafts.

War Thunder in its beta test features varied PvP-experiences set in full-scale combat missions. From fast, reckless and amazingly easy-to-start dog-fights in Arcade, to tactical and more challenging missions in Historical battles and completely genuine flight simulation experience in Realistic mode – every pilot will definitely get what they find most exciting and what they ask from a WWII flight-sim.
    Multiple settings options allow advanced virtual pilots and beginners to enjoy playing the game together.
    War Thunder also presents rich PvE-content: dynamic campaigns, solo missions, mission editor, and much more for single-player and cooperative gameplay.
    The number of playable aircraft is now more then 200 and it will at least double by the release. Add to that all planes’ cockpits fully-identical to their real-life prototypes and dozens of armored vehicles and ships participating the action on huge painstakingly recreated locations of WWII theaters of war.
    And for maximum immersion: beautiful hi-end graphics, authentic sound effects for all engines and guns, and beautiful music – we are doing our best to help our pilots feel like they are indeed fighting a war!

Current game state:

• Beta-stage, release in 2013.
    • More then 500 000 players have participated in beta-test
    • More then 60 million fly-outs
    • Tens of millions hours played

Short feature list:

• More then 200 historical accurate planes in game
    • Tens of different locations, hundreds of missions, thousands of upgrades and weapons
    • Playable with mouse only!

Future plans:
    • Controllable ground vehicels and ships
    • Steam achievements
    • Steam friendlists support
    • Steam Cloud support
    • and lots of more features and updates - visit official roadmap on game site

Community and gamers feedback are very important to us and so we have a lot of community related features in the game (and we will add more!).
    Here are some examples of gameplay movies created by community, using replay feature:
    http://youtu.be/mwbm6xSXabM
    http://youtu.be/8ypABVvKGTA
    http://youtu.be/0r9hsOqEv4o
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hItyYdQxABQ

See you soon in the skies of War Thunder and thank you for voting for us on GreenLight!
    Try now on http://warthunder.com

Is it just me or does that artwork look alot like WoT and WoWP put together? Apart from that im sure to have a look at this game.
    Trying to play GW2 like you played WoW is like trying to play Chess using a Checkers strategy.
    -----
    Give a man a fire and he will be warm for the night, set a man on fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.

Deleted
    Looks pretty good, shame about the exceptionally slow download and torrent refusing to work those 6.6gbs are going to take a while!

here to bump this again really.

a couple of mates and i have picked this game up about a week ago now, and we are all hooked. They used to play WoT quite a lot, and moved across to the WoWP also.

This game seems like it will be WoT + WoWP + WoWS too once everything is released. They only have planes open at the minute but eventually they will be releasing a lot more content.

This game also feels better than WoWP too, it feels less clunky, and the mouse aim arcade style is brilliant if you're after a quick match, they had a better selection of planes at launch of this game than WoWP too, which was a definite selling point for me.

Not to mention the obvious fact of having a truly realistic mode (That you'll need a joystick for) if you want to immerse yourself in a fight at pearl harbor, or stalingrad etc.

A Truly fantastic game.

Not an MMO. Wish people would stop using this term for every single multiplayer game out there.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Not an MMO. Wish people would stop using this term for every single multiplayer game out there.
    say what? besides the fact that it is a MMO (Massive multiplayer online game) lets run down the check list...1)massive-yes 2)multi-player--yes 3)online---yes. sounds like a MMO to me.

OT. i do love the WWII setting and is one of my favorite periods in history. will definetly have to check this out when im not busy playing Day of Defeat

Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    say what? besides the fact that it is a MMO (Massive multiplayer online game) lets run down the check list...1)massive-yes 2)multi-player--yes 3)online---yes. sounds like a MMO to me.
    From their FAQ:

How many players will be able to play together?
    In most modes, the maps will accommodate 32 players

Rofl. By your logic CoD is an MMO. Get your facts right.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Quote Originally Posted by Grable View Post
    Rofl. By your logic CoD is an MMO. Get your facts right.
    Anything above 8 players is MMO by modern day standards, didn't you get the memo?

Hehe Thanks VoxQuantum for nice comment on this game It really is as you have described. This game needs more attention, I am wondering about promoting it between WoT players.
    Btw, "late news"
    War Thunder enters global Open Beta!
    Gaijin Entertainment, the developer and publisher of the upcoming World War II combat MMO War Thunder, is proud to announce the start of the game’s open beta test in Europe, North America, and South America.

«After four years of working on War Thunder, we’re sincerely happy that we can finally present it to the gaming community all over the world,» says Kirill Yudintsev, Creative Director of Gaijin Entertainment. «Every stage of the development, and every update, brings us closer to the goal we’ve established for War Thunder: a combat MMO so massive it’s sort of game that, until now, players could only dream about. With all of the new features recently added, we believe that War Thunder will exceed players’ expectations and that aerial combat fans and World War II buffs are in for a real treat.»

During the closed beta test, more than 600,000 players participated in over 60 million matches, spending millions of hours competing in thrilling and historically accurate World War II battles. Meanwhile, War Thunder received more than a thousand updates, constantly presenting new features and general improvements to make the overall gameplay experience more realistic, exciting, and convenient. As a result, new open beta participants will find War Thunder significantly improved with the latest major update (v.1.25) and upcoming 1.27, which includes updated interface, new communication functions, team play, new realistic mode, new flight models and more.

The development team is very thankful to all beta testers for their input in making War Thunder the game of MMO players’ dreams. The project is still in development, and players who join in War Thunder’s intense, realistic aerial combat during the open beta will also influence the remaining development and help to make the game even better.

To get started in the open beta, players must register an account at War Thunder web-site, or log in to a previously created account, and download the game client directly from WarThunder.com. Stay informed about the latest and most important news at our Forum and join us at Facebook.
    And awesome 1.27 patch notes! http://forum.gaijinent.com/index.php...012013-127140/

And about your discussions regarding "is War Thunder an MMO?" my first post is an copy&paste from devs website (like everything quoted), they say by themselves that War Thunder is an MMO. Also, according to today's standards, War Thunder is an MMO. Please evlove with time.
    Last edited by Slaughty8; 2013-01-30 at 04:34 PM.

Cheers Slaughty, thought I'd bring this back up into the fray seeing as they are trying to garner more press for themselves. RPS did a review about it roughly a week ago now about it.

Personally coming from a time where i used to have a lot of free hours to fuck about and play a lot of MMO's (WoW or WoT mostly however) this is a fresh faced game i can play for a quick 20 minutes (due to new work and personal commitments I cant game as much as i like/used to) and have a battle with friends.

Not to mention a quick reminder, if you do play with friends and you're using TS or Vent, remember to unbind your left CTRL button! (either in the game or on vent) otherwise you're gonna be falling rather fast!!

I havent got round to playing since the new patch 1.27 hopefully it isnt too bugged, and the russians arent too OP!

Really enjoying this game. It's in official open beta atm. Don't worry if you don't have a joystick. Right now the mouse/keyboard is OP.

Deleted
    Anyone playing this? I downloaded it last week and having a blast. Only tried the arcade battles so far, but really enjoying them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not since the latest patch, they drastically changed the tiering/progression system and frankly their matchmaking wasnt ready for it.
    As far as I've heard there are even more issues that were found later. Thing is they dont really pop up in the first few levels, as they mostly involve bombing.

I guess Counter-strike is an MMO these days.

ANYWAYS... I've been playing this for a few months and I love the level of detail they have put into the game. I've never liked flying sims but i have to say this is my number 1 free to play game, it can be frustrating at times though when someone gets the drop on you and bombers are annoyingly powerful but apart from that great game.