Poll: What is the best song of 2012?

This poll will close on 2037-08-09 at 10:39 PM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Orby View Post
    None from the list provided but I found it hard to choose between these as song of the year for me

Before I Die - Papa Roach

Surprise Surprise - Billy Talent

Give Me Love - The Used

National Anthem - Gaslight Anthem
    Whoa those songs are all really good! The only Billy Talent song I've heard before now is Fallen leaves.

Papa Roach's new album is actually fantastic! Finally gave it a go after seeing it all over the place. Haven't rocked out to them since 2000 maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by Pokedigimon View Post
    The only Billy Talent song I've heard before now is Fallen leaves.
    SHAME ON YOU! But yeah Dead Silence was a really strong CD for BT this year. I'm actually tied between Suprise Suprise and Swallowed Up By the Ocean for favorite song off that album. VDM is good too.

OT: Why is Lights by Ellie Goulding not on this list? =/

Quote Originally Posted by Kalysun View Post
    SHAME ON YOU! But yeah Dead Silence was a really strong CD for BT this year. I'm actually tied between Suprise Suprise and Swallowed Up By the Ocean for favorite song off that album. VDM is good too.

OT: Why is Lights by Ellie Goulding not on this list? =/
    I have honestly never heard of it or seen it around sorry

10+ Year Old Account
    There are literally thousands of songs that came out this year and you decided to put a poll up of like 20 songs? Kinda pointless don't you think?

Back to the topic, my favorite song of this year would have to be Same Love - Macklemore & Ryan Lewis.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnomenommer View Post
    Papa Roach's new album is actually fantastic! Finally gave it a go after seeing it all over the place. Haven't rocked out to them since 2000 maybe?
    agree totally, Their new album is their best since Infest... I nearly like every song on it and is one of my best albums of the year too.

Deleted
    Gangnam Style imo

Breaking Shaquan.. dafuq is this shit? Sounds like.. Breaking benjamin remixes but 2000 times worse...

Also, please stop advertising your band like this... Nothing but bad publicity...

Flo Rida - I cry

Quote Originally Posted by Meari View Post
    It's impossible for me to pick a single best song of the year, so I'll just go with one that I really enjoyed:

[video=youtube;LUrUPzLm5SI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LUrUPzLm5SI[video]
    Amazing song, really.

My vote goes to the only song that brings tears to my eyes every single time I hear it.

Quote Originally Posted by Arthrun View Post
    Gangnam Style imo

Breaking Shaquan.. dafuq is this shit? Sounds like.. Breaking benjamin remixes but 2000 times worse...

Also, please stop advertising your band like this... Nothing but bad publicity...
    what is a breaking benjamin remixes?

they all r so great especiallly We Are Never Getting Back Together and gangam style.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pokedigimon View Post
    Breaking Shaquan is a very unique dubstep-rock mix, I find them quite good. Kind of like Aerosmith mixed with Skrillex.
    Unique, no, there's nothing new about that song. Series of generic looping guitar tracks, glitchy digital manipulation of various layers of sound and some manipulated vocal work with whiny transgressive lyrics. Yeah, no, it's basically an attempt at industrial metal without an actual guitar, except industrial metal has been around since the '80s and has seen far better production values since its inception.

Dubstep-rock, no, I wouldn't call it rock or dubstep or even a mix between the two, as stated above, it is very clearly sampled metal guitar play with electronic manipulation and added vocal tracks.

Aerosmith mixed with Skrillex... really? If you legitimately believe that, then I can understand how you could possibly enjoy the song...

15+ Year Old Account
    I see a mistake in the poll in the name of Somebody That I Used To Know- Gotye topic says best songs of 2012 but its a 2011 song!
    - Vanilla was legitimately bad; we just didn't know any better at the time - SirCowDog