How is disc "borderline" infinite mana?

Sorry if this has been answered already but i recently dinged 90 on my disc priest and see many claims that disc is a mana infinite spec.

How?

It certainly isn't in pvp.

it's not just disc as a stand alone, it's when you combine disc priests with resto shaman. the mana returns from rapture while mana tide totem are up are insane. this is most noticeable in 25mans, where having, say, 2 disc priests and 2 resto shaman isn't unheard of.

Once you have enough spirit (9150+), with Rapture you are gaining more mana than it takes to cast PW: S every 12-15 seconds. By stacking even more spirit i suppose you could call it "borderline" infinite. It really starts to get ridiculous when you have several spirit procs up at once or god forbid Mana Tide. A 70-100k Rapture proc is not that out of the question.

Even without a shaman it's pretty easy to end normal fights near 100% mana. Fiend and Rapture on cooldown, line Rapture up with spirit procs over the course of a ~7 minute fight can net you close to 1 million mana back. The downside is your other healers are calling for mana hymn but you never get any use out of it
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

what a waste of stats tbh, if you are ending a fight with 100% that means you have 3000-4000 spirit you could have spent elsewhere.
    since rupture is ridiculous I'm running with spirit as low as 6.2k and stack extreme mastery/crit. I end fights with around 20-30% mana (honestly no point to end up with more) my current progress is 16/16 normal, I don't know how this will work out in hc (we are starting this week), I think this argument (to have minimal needed spirit) will remain valid in hc but I'll need around 7-8k spirit to end up not completely oom at the end of a hc fight.
    edit: I think I need to mention that my ilvl is 489 and have the darkmoon card relic trinket and the spirit use one (valor trinket) and a burning meta.
    Last edited by Syri277; 2012-12-19 at 04:40 AM.

Here is our guilds log from our last empress kill. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...=13323&e=14191
    notice the over 1.5mil mana back from rapture? We were running three resto shamans and they would tide at the same time going into add phase. I could go from running on fumes to full mana in one rapture proc with three MTs up. not broken at all . . .

I honestly hope they do something to bring disc back in line with holy. I hate playing disc.

Edit: have to click the buffs gained tab.

10+ Year Old Account
    As other people said before me, I'm just going to give you a simple list of goals .
    1. Get an addon that tells you the Rapture Cooldown ... IT'S IMPORTANT
    2. Get as much spirit as you can get . If you have spirit proc trinkets get an addon to watch it and combo it with rapture .
    3. Know the fights as best you can so that you can utilize Spirit Shell AT ITS BEST . This spell is a miracle worker .

If someone has something to add please do (or maybe correct me if I'm wrong).
    I come across a quiet river, that wonders through the trees.
    I stare into its running waters and fall unto my knees.
    In resignation to the forest, that's held me for so long.
    I close my eyes and drift away into nature's evensong.

Quote Originally Posted by Syri277 View Post
    what a waste of stats tbh, if you are ending a fight with 100% that means you have 3000-4000 spirit you could have spent elsewhere.
    since rupture is ridiculous I'm running with spirit as low as 6.2k and stack extreme mastery/crit. I end fights with around 20-30% mana (honestly no point to end up with more) my current progress is 16/16 normal, I don't know how this will work out in hc (we are starting this week), I think this argument (to have minimal needed spirit) will remain valid in hc but I'll need around 7-8k spirit to end up not completely oom at the end of a hc fight.
    edit: I think I need to mention that my ilvl is 489 and have the darkmoon card relic trinket and the spirit use one (valor trinket) and a burning meta.
    It's not a waste of stats because there are fights where I need that regen, and the fights that I don't need that regen on are farm bosses, so it doesn't really matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by Karragon View Post
    I'd like WoW to be a single player game

GC has already commented (Twitter) that Disc's Temporary Rapture bonuses are probably too much. And I agree completely, it makes no sense to have it that way.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler/sta...38381331828737