Page 1 of 3
LastLast

As*hats invade scenarios

Saturday I decide I'm going to check out scenarios. I'd done Theramore and A Little Patience before so I knew what they were about and I wanted to see the rest. So I join a group and let them know I am new in the scenario. One other players says "Me too" but the third group member takes off like a shot without a word. We follow and muddle through the scenario with no help from the one experienced person in the group. Understand we got through it, nobody died and everybody got their treasure chest and valor points. Now the guy who hasn't said a word types "Pathetic" and immediately drops group. The other player was stunned. I just shook it off and we chatted for a bit before going our merry way.

Flash forward a couple of more successful scenarios and again I type "I'm new" in group chat. In response I see "I just hope you're not a damn fail lock." Hey, I'm experienced, level 90 and 440 ilevel so no problem for scenarios. Again off this guy goes without a word, so this time i just drop group. I'll be damned if I'm going to help him get his valor points!!!

I haven't seen any reviews about individual scenarios and it really isn't necessary but a couple of words from an experienced group member would make things go easier. All that's at stake is a handful of valor points and about 15 minutes of time. If you're really that uptight and impolite about those stakes then you must be the pathetic one.

15+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately there are a lot off jerks on the internet. Don't let them get you down. The scenarios are fun and quick. I actually prefer running one or two to cap valor at the end of the week over doing dailies. Don't worry about announcing that you are new. Just read the objective and have fun completing it. Best of luck in your gearing

This just in: People are jerks. --- Elite players just want the run to be over so they can get their purples and don't give a rat about the carebear shit. --- Players who've already done the run 9034756348956 times stupidly assume that everyone else should know every single detail about every encounter. --- People who actually know how to play their class get sick of being grouped with idiot after idiot until they get to the point where they assume everyone must be an idiot. --- And, in other news, polite people continue to be surprised that there are rude people out there.

Does that about sum up where this thread is going?
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

In soviet Azeroth, one speaks in LFD/LFR/scenarios

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    He probably had a string of warlocks that we're just wanding like a bot.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

People are jerks. I think the biggest jerks are the ones that drop group in a scenario. You cannot re-que for scenarios, so you are kind of s out of luck when this happens. Some scenarios it doesnt really matter when this happens, but others it can be a real chore to complete.

No offense, but scenarios aren't exactly rocket science to figure out.

Most of the time there are onscreen cues as to what you're supposed to be doing.

Deleted
    Lfg isn't made for anything social, it's anti-social actually.
    Don't expect ppl who boost you to care about you.

10+ Year Old Account
    I guess I've been fairly lucky. I've never seen anyone leave a scenario, and I'm fairly immune to gear criticisms since I raid.

I did leave one myself, but that was because I was the only one in the scenario who was doing anything, and it was my first time there so I wasn't especially fast myself. After 25 minutes we were only halfway done with phase 1, and I had no idea how much longer it was going to take, so I just got frustrated and left. I didn't want to spend an hour soloing some stupid scenario just so two other people could get free VP.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Never underestimate the amount of arseholery that players, and humans in general, are capable of. I've had similar things happen to that, and I've had scenarios where no one talks and just does it and leaves, and I've had scenarios where people were new (mostly me, I didn't do them often) and one or two other people were like "Okay, here's what you do..." Don't let them ruin your experience or your day. Pay it forward and all that.

Quote Originally Posted by momirmaster View Post
    Although I believe that We never killed osama and OBAMA just used it as propaganda to win a election cause Osama's was probably dead for years I Usually am not gullible.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm sorry, but there is a huge step between someone not saying much or anything in a scenario and someone being an asshat. I don't say anything in scenarios except /ty at the end. There are 'no' scenarios currently that require any sort of tips or guidance from other party members. The NPCs give instruction as to your objective should you need them. Don't get me wrong...there is nothing bad about trying to be social in a scenario, but having the expectation that another player must chat with you, or that he or she should take the time to type out the game plan in a scenario is ridiculous.

Making rude comments like 'pathetic' is one thing, but not wanting to waste time in chat and just going off to complete the scenario is another entirely.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Scenarios can be solo'd I don't see why you feel the need to warn people you are new to them.

when someone says "hey, i'm new" they might as well say "hey, i'm unconfident and bad"

you're behind if you're new to scenarios at this point. when behind, you have to play catch up and "hey, i'm new" says "wait on me" not "i'll catch up"

just be confident in what you can do and handle it. if you're competent, no part of wow is too much to handle. never was.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    Scenarios can be solo'd I don't see why you feel the need to warn people you are new to them.
    If he's never been in one, he probably doesn't have any idea what they are like and how much his inexperience will impact the group. It seems polite, with that in mind, to let the group know so they can warn you before you fuck up anything important on accident.

| twitch | bsky
    |

don't see why they need to hold your hand through them, considering the interface itself tells you what to do next.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    If he's never been in one, he probably doesn't have any idea what they are like and how much his inexperience will impact the group. It seems polite, with that in mind, to let the group know so they can warn you before you fuck up anything important on accident.
    I could see that if they were difficult but they are just glorified group quests. Does the OP warn people he's new to questing when he joins up a daily group for GL?

except that he has been in a few before.
    Quote Originally Posted by -Ethos- View Post
    I literally die every time i see people using literally wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Firecrest View Post
    This just in: People are jerks. --- Elite players just want the run to be over so they can get their purples and don't give a rat about the carebear shit. --- Players who've already done the run 9034756348956 times stupidly assume that everyone else should know every single detail about every encounter. --- People who actually know how to play their class get sick of being grouped with idiot after idiot until they get to the point where they assume everyone must be an idiot. --- And, in other news, polite people continue to be surprised that there are rude people out there.

Does that about sum up where this thread is going?
    Sums it up perfectly :P
    Like in our trade chat... the good guilds are looking for outstanding high skilled players. Casual guilds are looking for nice, friendly players. Always wondered how these walls established themselves without anyone noticing it

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    I could see that if they were difficult but they are just glorified group quests. Does the OP warn people he's new to questing when he joins up a daily group for GL?
    But again, you're basing your knowledge of them being "glorified group quests" and being easy on your experience in them.

Quote Originally Posted by roflwaffle View Post
    except that he has been in a few before.
    Not the same ones as I understand it, unless I'm reading the OP wrong. They're not all exactly the same.

The warning isn't necessary, but there is a logical reason why one might make it or not realise it's not necessary, so let's not act like he's the one out of line for warning the group that they should tell him if there's anything important he should know. I don't think there's anything objectionable about a new person pointing out they are new, especially in cooperative group activities where they directly impact the group's success. Five mans and LFR are super easy, too, but that doesn't mean it's not irritating when you get some guy who has no idea what he is doing, messing up the rest of the group because he didn't bother to ask for an explanation first.
    Last edited by Tziva; 2012-12-19 at 12:18 AM.

| twitch | bsky
    |

But again, you're basing your knowledge of them being "glorified group quests" and being easy on your experience in them.

Not the same ones as I understand it, unless I'm reading the OP wrong. They're not all exactly the same.

The warning isn't necessary, but there is a logical reason why one might make it or not realise it's not necessary, so let's not act like he's the one out of line for warning the group that they should tell him if there's anything important he should know. I don't think there's anything objectionable about a new person pointing out they are new, especially in cooperative group activities where they directly impact the group's success. Five mans and LFR are super easy, too, but that doesn't mean it's not irritating when you get some guy who has no idea what he is doing, messing up the rest of the group because he didn't bother to ask for an explanation first.
    I'm not saying he's out of line for warning them I'm saying that him warning them and them not holding his hand through the scenario doesn't make them ass-hats. Hell if the OP wants a run down of what you do in each scenario I'll be glad to help him out. Kill shit and follow your quest tracker. There that will apply to each scenario the OP has as of yet to enter.