Thread: Combat PvP

Deleted

Combat PvP

Hey i was just wondering if anybody could give me some tips on combat pvp as i just reached 90. What rotation do i do and when do i pop cds such as KS, AR and such? Thanks in advance.

PvP generally doesn't have rotations man - prolly the phrase that got you no responses...

If you are playing low level arena or random bgs, Combat is good because the burst from AR/SB, and KS, is strong and can kill almost anything.

However, against good or even ok players, they will know to just cc or kite you once you pop your cds.

Outside CDs, Combat damage is utterly awful and you can pretty much just ignore a Combat Rogue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtstormrage View Post
    If you are playing low level arena or random bgs, Combat is good because the burst from AR/SB, and KS, is strong and can kill almost anything.

However, against good or even ok players, they will know to just cc or kite you once you pop your cds.

Outside CDs, Combat damage is utterly awful and you can pretty much just ignore a Combat Rogue.
    Basically that lol, but with bads and good gear, you can Cheap Shot to a Trinket+KS and basically one shot em if they have bad gear.

its not as bad as people here are saying :P I use it sometimes in rated bgs jus fine..

you just have to hold off on blowing CD's till the right moment. wait for their trinket(and other major defensives) to be put on CD. then do a 5 cp(with RS up) kidney. and go to TOWN on them. add smoke for added killing power :P hard to find a target that wont die during that :P

i always find that dumping energy to stack 5cp then KS when your energy is very low straight into 5pt evis is nice burst ... allows u to save your ks/sb for earlier or later during a kidney smoke bomb

Deleted
    Wont KS do more damage when SB is up?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delighted View Post
    No. SB only affects auto attacks and CP generation. Special attacks are still physical.

edit: except AA under KS - see Shadowboy's comment. But still, don't do this.
    Last edited by Kael; 2012-12-21 at 01:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Delighted View Post
    It would actually be a tremendous waste of a cd :P

Deleted
    What about SB and AR? Do they work well togheter or do i gain more by popping them inviduallt?

10+ Year Old Account
    SB and AR have complete synergy. That said, you should really get to http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...ting-amp-Index to get most of your questions answered. There are plenty of half-guides and short answers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Mugajak View Post
    No. SB only affects auto attacks and CP generation. Special attacks are still physical.
    But KS will increase the autoattack damage from SB by 50% (keep in mind, SB is on yellow hit so that is not insignificant). It's still not worth it because a lot of the value of SB is from the extra autoattack damage and combo points--both of which are enhanced by adrenaline rush.

Deleted
    Thank you for all the answers