Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I randomly go into low level zones, find players with no heirloom or any mains or guilds that I think they have and give them anywhere from 10-500g for no reason.

Since I just quit raiding I gave all of my gold to my good friend, but I will still try to dwindle my 14k I have remaining into the low level populace. I still love WoW for the friends and good times. So making some new persons day makes me happy as much as it makes them happy.

Aveline's amazing work!

When i start game with my hunter at Darkshore a 80lvl warlock helped me to tame a bear.. i couldnt do that on my own, bears was killing me(shame)
    and that guy gave me 4x 16 slot bag. imagine how happy i felt.. and even its not enough he paid for my first riding train..
    you learning eventually its not a big deal for him but its really a big deal for a new starter. when i have time to slack around i try help newbys.

Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    However, "Kite it to Vael's room" is always the appropriate answer for every PVE strategy question.
    Totally agree, the more the merrier in my room.

I often asked low level players that acted nuub-ish, if they had a main. If their reply was "yeah, got a 23 paladin" or something I gave them 50g, told them about wowhead and what professions they should have (gathering).

A nice thing that happened to me (amazing story, wil never forget):
    Time: Vanilla
    1 good guild, close to cleared naxx.
    Several heroes, but one person stood out. Near full naxx, and Grand Marshal (warrior, daaaamn dreadnaught and ally GM gear was sick)

I had a level 35 human mage (I grinded Darnasus rep for nightsaber and didnt want to waste cash on human mount)

Once every 3 hours I would go to STV and try and get the chest, I had gotten 4 over several months.
    It was 03:00 and I really wanted the trinket, naturally I asked EVERYONE in STV if they wanted to help me.
    I got one reply, a level 30 ish warlock, he said he was power leveling, but wanted some pvp because he was bored as F.

We get to the arena around 2:50 and see the awful horde there, I knew we were fucked, but the warlock just said "BRB" and left.
    By then I knew he was logging his main and in my head I joked with the idea that he was grand marshal and got T3, basically my "hero" of the server.

And guess what, he fucking was that warrior. Nuked the F out of the horde and gave me the chest.

That was AWESOME, and the best part was that one of the horde was actually the top nerd in my class (just barely rememberd his name).

People that read this and never done anything cool or nice for others, try seeing it from the other persons perspective, you become their hero.

Quote Originally Posted by Lanfear1 View Post
    I often asked low level players that acted nuub-ish, if they had a main. If their reply was "yeah, got a 23 paladin" or something I gave them 50g, told them about wowhead and what professions they should have (gathering).

A nice thing that happened to me (amazing story, wil never forget):
    Time: Vanilla
    1 good guild, close to cleared naxx.
    Several heroes, but one person stood out. Near full naxx, and Grand Marshal (warrior, daaaamn dreadnaught and ally GM gear was sick)

I had a level 35 human mage (I grinded Darnasus rep for nightsaber and didnt want to waste cash on human mount)

Once every 3 hours I would go to STV and try and get the chest, I had gotten 4 over several months.
    It was 03:00 and I really wanted the trinket, naturally I asked EVERYONE in STV if they wanted to help me.
    I got one reply, a level 30 ish warlock, he said he was power leveling, but wanted some pvp because he was bored as F.

We get to the arena around 2:50 and see the awful horde there, I knew we were fucked, but the warlock just said "BRB" and left.
    By then I knew he was logging his main and in my head I joked with the idea that he was grand marshal and got T3, basically my "hero" of the server.

And guess what, he fucking was that warrior. Nuked the F out of the horde and gave me the chest.

That was AWESOME, and the best part was that one of the horde was actually the top nerd in my class (just barely rememberd his name).

People that read this and never done anything cool or nice for others, try seeing it from the other persons perspective, you become their hero.
    Although I battled myself through Naxx 40 I never had a Grandmarshal title - but I did this a lot on my paladin main - it mattered so much to the little guys I helped in this way. Seeing their pixelled jaw drop as I logged my main and kicked the sh*t out of their nemesis.

You do become their hero. But becoming that isn't always good. I got like spammed for weeks by several of these guys I helped. Thats why when I do something like this - I always ask not to be put on their friendslist (exceptions are ofcourse made)

Deleted
    Wooow, there are a lot more cool people than I thought.

I have to share a story from last night, this time about someone else doing a good thing for me

We were on 25-man guild run of MV and we killed Spirit Kings. A robe dropped, but I didn't have the chance to roll because of a real life interference and a warlock got it. It was a huge upgrade to me and politely asked him (on /w of course) if it's a huge upgrade for him, too, and told him it's ok if it is. He said his current robe is lvl 476 and this one was 496 (my case = same), so yes. But he said that he doesn't mind talking to the raid leader and reroll, so that I get a chance for the robe. I told him it's ok and I prefer if he has it, cause it's not his fault i was afk in such a moment, but it was just so polite of him to offer me this, despite the fact it's a great upgrade and that he already 'lived' with the thought that he has it

He then proceeded to apologize for the night before, cause he wasn't very focused in the raid and that caused me to die several times, but it was just so kind and cute the whole thing (the conversation, not the deaths from the night before ).

Deleted
    Apart from giving gold, free rides or other small things, the most recent good thing i did was a few nights ago :

I went after a rare i needed for Glorious achievement but it was tagged by a horde warlock ( i play alliance) , I waited hoping the player will die so i can have a go at it. After waiting a long time i saw she was doing slow damage to him and i inspected her and she was in greens, shortly after , she died. So instead of getting the kill for myself for the achievement i waited for her to ress and i helped her this time to kill him, maybe she got some better loot from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    I've spoken about it before...done a few nice things for people but generally I keep to myself in the game. I will answer trade-chat questions with personal whispers and detailed answers. Sometimes I get a thanks. Some times I don't, and I don't sweat it.

I've given gold to a few people (one who promised me he'd pay me back...never did but 10g isn't much) and spent 3k once on gearing up some poor frost DK who was just so awful I couldn't stand the embarrassment.
    Which server is this?
    I got a friend, frost dk, who said that someone helped him gear and spend a few k's doing so.
    I couldn't believe him though as I was thinking why would anyone do that, especially since they didn't knew them?
    Now, may it was you who did that :-)

The nicest thing that happened to me was in the days that I was leveling my first char, a lock.
    When I hit the appropiate level I started a questline to get my mount. I was really exited as I had seen that mount and I found it awesome.
    As soon as I read the quests and progressed into, the dissapointment hit me as I found out that it would take a lot of gold and I didn't have any really, as this was my first char.
    But I did my best and farmed as much as I could.
    I need an item made by alchemist, I believe... Shadow something (forgot the name).
    I was spamming trade for it.... some whispered me their price.... dissapointment as I didn't have that. I was negotiating......
    Then someone asked why I needed it and hearing my answer, he gave it for free, stating that he knew how annoying it can be to gather all stuff for it.

At that time I found this really great.

Deleted
    I used to be nicer to strangers in the game, but nowadays I'm starting to learn it usually bites me in the ass. I've done things like used a passenger mount to take a person to the place where they want/need to go for something. I've boosted low levels in RFC or other lower instances (though I'm a horrible, horrible booster! Takes ages for me to clear a place). Some people have asked where I've gotten a specific mount/pet/transmog and I've always explained to them in detail how to aquire it. Also when I'm having a good day I might help a person who's overwhelmed by adds or getting chased etc.

There's just rarely a moment to do these things anymore either. My character is parked at the Shrine of Two Moons and low levels normally hang around Orgrimmar and other lower level areas so I rarely even come across these players anymore.

I just remember a thing me and a few friends did last summer, that was both fun for us and helped a few people. We were four people in more or less full heroic DS-gear, we decided to group up and queue for some NORMAL dungeons just for fun. We got some really nice and fun reactions from all does lvl 82-84 chars when they realised that they had gotten in an dungeon group with heroic DS geared people who cleared out the whole dungeon in a minute or two. Quick xp!

Quote Originally Posted by Ater View Post
    I just remember a thing me and a few friends did last summer, that was both fun for us and helped a few people. We were four people in more or less full heroic DS-gear, we decided to group up and queue for some NORMAL dungeons just for fun. We got some really nice and fun reactions from all does lvl 82-84 chars when they realised that they had gotten in an dungeon group with heroic DS geared people who cleared out the whole dungeon in a minute or two. Quick xp!
    Yeah this seems more in line with how things worked in Vanilla there was no heroic and if you were in Tier 3 while doing BRD or somesuch, it was an awesome run for puggers

Well compared to all of you i do nothing as nice.

But here is my story :
    When I started playing WoW, I would drool over the t3 guys, and i was a small level 35 rogue. And one day a priest saw me looking at his gear and just did a simple /hello emote, then I started talking with him, and he would be so nice to me, answering all my questions, even the most dumbest ones. So from that day, I decided that if I ever become one of the top players on my realm, I would be nice to all the new players.
    And here is what happened last week, a player saw me, i'm the best geared monk on my realm, in Shrine, and was all "woaaaaaa nice gear, how did you get all that purple? Can I join your guild to get all that gear too?" So I talked with him, showed him what he needed to change in his gear, what professions he should do, and that the best for him would be to join a smallish guild who are learning pve and not join a top end guild as he will just get rejected and insulted etc...
    He thanked me a lot for helping him, and he hoped to meet me again to show me how he has progressed.

I wrapped and mailed 50 pets last night from a lvl 1 alt I named SantaPaws. I just did /who and started sending them out. Really felt good.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've done my random fair share of kindness, hell i still do to this day. But below I think it means more.

BC i given out 11ish - Wrath i gave out 13ish or so - Cata i went to 8ish - but Panda Land I went overboard and gave out like 16 of them.

I would always pay for game time for guildies when I knew they couldnt afford it for a plethora of reasons. Do this to this day

I bumped into a player I knew from doing GDKPs and such. She was ilding in orgrimmar for like a week, and didnt see none of her mains on, and she played alot. I asked her, you dont want to go out and level, she said she couldnt afford it at this time, so her and her hubby have to save. So bought her and him a expansion and 6 months game time. Because she would was the 'mother' of the server, and was the coolest dude to me at the time. paying it forward I believe to this day, even in game.

Given out PC parts when I upgraded. I do this to this day.

Helping guildies my pay for their game time. I do this to this day.

and making people smile and laugh, when they feel down or just depressed. or playing Dr. Steve when fellow guildies / friends need that boost up or just listen to them.

don't want a billboard or a ego stroke, but i do things like this because I'm a helper. Both in game and out. I love these posts, from 3 pages of postings

It is certainly a great feeling giving the whole year through, but I am glad to see others inspired to give, even if it is just for the holiday season

Every time I queue heroic dungeon as a tank I do a good deed. I do 50-70+% of party damage, I don't actually require healing. The run is extremely fast and smooth.

Too bad that people don't really understand that I do a good deed. All I get in return is needing on all items, running on follow and 5-minute afks. In most cases you won't get even "thanks" in the end.

All this does not really encourage you to do anything good to random people.

I use to get baked and run lowbies through stockades for free back in bc, was decked out the ass in pve gear and had nothing to do, if they told me to hurry up or something I just booted em and went back to it.

Also was going through my characters on various servers looking for mounts when the account wide mount thing activated, found a lv 85 Druid with 70k gold, proceeded to give it out to various people in org in 2k chunks except for one guy who was mid 30's with no heirlooms who started talking to me out of nowhere for no reason other than wanting to chat, plonked 15k in his lap and said "have fun!"

Quote Originally Posted by Rogabr View Post
    mid 30's with no heirlooms who started talking to me out of nowhere for no reason other than wanting to chat, plonked 15k in his lap and said "have fun!"
    As someone who started over fresh back in March and just now reached the point of having enough gold to not worry about it anymore (>20k with craftable stuff on hold), this would have blown me away back then. The closest thing I ever saw of that was someone running up to me and because they liked my username so much they gave me some low level green gear a couple gold. (I made a redhead human Hunter named "Pinkiepie", tamed that big green crocolisk in Loch Modan and named it "Gummy.")
    Soothing Mist:"Healing them for a minor amount every 0.5 sec, until you take any other action."
    Jade Serpent Statue: "The statue will also begin casting Soothing Mist on your target. healing for 50% as much as yours. "
    [What's half of minor?]
    "Statue casts Soothing Mist at a nearby ally for toddler healing."

Deleted
    I never really interact with other players so no good deeds from me. That does not mean that i'll behave like asshole, though. (if i don't give response to someone's whinings, at least i did not insult them, lol)

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like to give gold to new players.

Check their achievments/gear/talents and you'll know if he is or not a new player.

Then it's up to my mood, could give 500g, 1k or so. That player will become freaking happy!