Blade lord sub 20% healing as disc?

Was wondering what priests were doing to heal when we have to run on blade lord during sub 20%? Atm i am just using cascade, pom and the occasional PW:S. Was wondering if there is any other effective way to heal during this time?

Deleted
    PoM, Cascade & Penance (I use the penance glyph for this fight). Use spare globals for renew (if your group is struggling a lot with the last phase I guess the renew glyph might be helpful, haven't tried it personally) and replace a few of them with PW:S (how much you use PW:S outside of your rapture cd depends on how much mana you enter p2 with). Remember to use inner will in p2 to allow more PW:S spam. Remember to spirit shell before the transition/before he swaps sides to mitigate the amount of healing required when you run.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's about the only time when Holy Nova is somewhat useful. I wouldn't exactly call it "good", but when you're running and everything in range is already shielded, it might be better than trying to renew people.

Deleted
    Using SS before he hits 20% and 10% helps a lot. Other than that just use whatever is available on the move.

lol if you're a shadow priest, u can glyph holy nova and just spam it with inner will up for this phase lol!

But as disc, SS before he gathers everyone into the tornado(minimize the need to heal once you've landed) Cascade>/= PoM > Penance>/=(PW:S based on mana/rapture) > Renew

as a holy priest @ 10% when he flies over, don't be afraid to DIE lol so funny(" let the holy priest die so he can bomb heals for free!")

Quote Originally Posted by Neekodango View Post
    lol if you're a shadow priest, u can glyph holy nova and just spam it with inner will up for this phase lol!

But as disc, SS before he gathers everyone into the tornado(minimize the need to heal once you've landed) Cascade>/= PoM > Penance>/=(PW:S based on mana/rapture) > Renew

as a holy priest @ 10% when he flies over, don't be afraid to DIE lol so funny(" let the holy priest die so he can bomb heals for free!")
    dying on purpose is not a sound strategy for any healer

Making sure you get SS out before he pulls everyone in at 20% is huge, my group took zero damage this week from the initial tornadoes. After you drop out of tornadoes, the tips mentioned above are good. It shouldn't take you long to get to the other end of the room with the speed bonuses available to you. We have everyone leave the platform and hit the slipstreams on the side of the room at around 12% while our rogue and DoTs push him over to 10%. That way we're all waiting for him at the other end and don't have to run through the gauntlet a 2nd time. You'll still take the aoe tick damage, and have to "run" in them, so the same healing strategy applies going back, but it's much faster and means fewer derp deaths for the group as a whole.

Quote Originally Posted by Sintea View Post
    Was wondering what priests were doing to heal when we have to run on blade lord during sub 20%? Atm i am just using cascade, pom and the occasional PW:S. Was wondering if there is any other effective way to heal during this time?
    At the beginning pop power infusion and spam PWS on everyone, use mending and cascade on cooldown, and if you're bored throw in a renew just for the sake of using a useless spell. Anyway by the time you've shielded everyone you should be quite close to the other side.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    Actually, with the glyph of redemption, this can be an amazing strategy if healers are pushed to the max on progression. Doing this gained the guild I'm in 2 early heroic kills. 25 seconds of totally free spam healing shouldn't be underestimated.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divine Star can be used pretty well in phase 2. Also useful glyphing Holy Nova for the run up.

It totally can be :P

15+ Year Old Account
    I think a Disc player designed HoF

Quote Originally Posted by Rfx View Post
    Divine Star can be used pretty well in phase 2. Also useful glyphing Holy Nova for the run up.
    My guess is you would only get 1 divine star during the run maybe 2. And u would need to position urself in the back and hopefully the positioning of ur raid is pretty straight to hit people. I still think cascade would be the better choice, but maybe I am wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vicarious View Post
    ???????? (x100)

You are basicly saying that you wouldn't use a 500k manapot only usable when the boss is within 25sec of dying, you would rather be oom and let ppl die? Or are you saying that you will "save" your mana better and have enough for the entire fight, increasing the risk of player deaths during it? Either way your statement is quite sad and the way you say it is so wanabe elitist

I've been doing this since vanilla, spam everything you have on 10-->5% and then die, tadaaaa spamming free heals. Saved a lot of wipes that way, more so in the new 10man era.

People with at least half a brain, I guess you are not one of them, can figure out when to die to not run out of spirit of redemption before the boss dies. With the glyph this method is now even better than is already was.

Holypriests that (have) never die(d) on purpose aren't getting everything out of their class/spec.

As others have said. If as a holy priest you've never died just to keep healing at the end of fights you're doing it wrong.

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild is very casual and just got our first kill on him this past week, and I was probably way too focused on just making sure I got to the end of the hallway without getting sucked back up in a tornado instead of watching the health bars of others, but I did use prayer of mending, power word: shield, cascade and glyphed penance as much as I could and then when I got to the end of the hallway I spammed flash heals on people until they were out of danger of dying and then used prayer of healing and spirit shell.

My group honestly has a lot more work to do on using their own survivability cooldowns and focusing on not getting sucked up in tornadoes on the run down the hall. We had half the raid dying each attempt on the hallway runs mostly due to their own inability to dodge the tornadoes. I have the feeling once they've mastered that it will make that phase much easier to heal.