Page 1 of 3
LastLast

10 H Empress questions

For those who've killed this on 10 heroic, how exactly does the windblade tank survives the damage in P2? Even chaining defensive cds it seems to be quite abit of damage and from the videos I saw, the tank seems to be able to just stand and tank them. Wondering if I'm missing something here.

15+ Year Old Account
    do more healing and use more CD's?

what tank are you using?

DK. Just wondering if I'm missing something here and there's something more to help or simply just a case of play better.

Deleted
    I haven't seen it on heroic, but are there any differences between how you handle them in heroic and normal?

We have 1 tank for each group of mobs, the left tank takes his 3 small adds and 1 large add with defencives and healing CD's the right tank just takes his large add and kites his smaller adds with aoe stuns and slows.

Deleted
    I guess we will start progressing her this week, and I'm afraid how it will go, since our monk tank already has to kite the windblades on normal or he gets smashed.

Maybe they don't hit THAT much harder on heroic. I would just give it a try before assuming they hit like a truck.

They hit like a truck, reflection. They really, really do :P.
    Try and use a shield tank on the windblades, and the DK on the windreavers instead - block is still a better mitigation mechanic for alot of adds than blood shield is (even though it's closer than it used to be), and blood shield will outshine on a few "big" hits from the reavers.

Your monk tank's shuffle uptime must be pretty bad. I tank that on 25 and don't get hit very hard as long as shuffle is up and I interrupt dispatch.

Razorgore kite them chaining slows

10+ Year Old Account
    If possible use shield tank.
    He should chain his CDs followed by Painsuppression and discpriestbubble.

The raid should focus 1 windblade down as fast as possible.
    The other tank should spread the debuff to the raid for more damage.

Quote Originally Posted by Woceip View Post
    Your monk tank's shuffle uptime must be pretty bad. I tank that on 25 and don't get hit very hard as long as shuffle is up and I interrupt dispatch.
    I love comments like this. You have 8 healers in 25 man versus 4 in 10 man. Monk tanks get trucked on this encounter if tanking the Windblades because all it takes is one bad RNG set. Your healers can cycle cooldowns where a 10 man may not because of previous cooldown usage on the fields.

Sig made by Shyama. Click sig for current Warlock armory.

Deleted
    Make sure adds are interrupted properly(have ppl mark one each and interrupt that one), focus dmg on one specific to get the numbers down. Heavy CDs in the start before they start following ppl.

We do the fight with 3 healers, dont know how much this changes.
    Last edited by mmoc130b2ce881; 2012-12-19 at 08:36 PM.

Focus 1 add down immediately and just shit cooldowns into the tank. Don't use CDs in p1 that you don't have to.

One tank gets the 6 little guys, other tank gets the two big ones. Rotate CD's for about 30 seconds on the tank with the 6 little guys and should be fine after that. By then windblade health should be low enough to where you can trap the first reaver.

As a prot paladin, i take all of the windblades but one, while the other tank gets both reavers and one windblade. I immediately pop shield wall, and soon after pop holy avenger to keep up ~50% phys reduction for about ~15 seconds. Ending that, I pop glyphed Divine Protection combined with Ardent Defender to hold them for another ~10sec. Ending that, I pop glyphed Blinding Light (3 sec stun) combined with Speed of Light and kite the adds that are slowed with either a hunter trap or Chilblains and pulled back repeatedly with two Ursol's Vortexes. Once they are about to reach me, I'll alert the healers and I'll get a pain suppression or Hand of Sacrifice, but at that time I should only be tanking ~3 which isn't hard to heal through.

Deleted
    What aleviated some issues for us:
    Do NOT ever stun the full pack while no adds are being kited/killed. While they won't dps the tank during that period, the burst dps from perfectly timed attacks can global the tank after the stun fades.

Deleted
    The group I raid with has used DK, paladin and druid on different kills to tank them, hopefully the following can help.

First off, I prefer a block tank any day, but sometimes you just have to take what is available. The key to early P2 survival is using as few CD's during P1 as possible in my opinion. As an example on early progress we ended up using most of ours in P1 resulting in nothing being off CD for P2, DK picks up adds, followed by SPLAT. ~1.2 million damage in 1.05 seconds :P

First priority then is to cleanly make it through P1 using as few CD's as you can get away with, which now it's been nerfed you should find a fair bit easier. Then simply chain CD's on that tank and have good communication. Make sure the kiting path is such that healers maintain range on tanks. We do this roughly: Own CD's/Pain Supp/Barrier/Sac/AoE stun (and by this time there is often 1 dead and/or another being kited via fixate) Get a trap built asap (should take max ~1 minute) traps are a crucial part of the fight since once up, adds then go and try to break out the trapped mob, thus totally alleviating damage on that tank.

Depending on what tanks you have access to, I'd prefer not using one to tank these adds, but it certainly can be done.

Quote Originally Posted by Galice View Post
    As a prot paladin, i take all of the windblades but one, while the other tank gets both reavers and one windblade. I immediately pop shield wall, and soon after pop holy avenger to keep up ~50% phys reduction for about ~15 seconds. Ending that, I pop glyphed Divine Protection combined with Ardent Defender to hold them for another ~10sec. Ending that, I pop glyphed Blinding Light (3 sec stun) combined with Speed of Light and kite the adds that are slowed with either a hunter trap or Chilblains and pulled back repeatedly with two Ursol's Vortexes. Once they are about to reach me, I'll alert the healers and I'll get a pain suppression or Hand of Sacrifice, but at that time I should only be tanking ~3 which isn't hard to heal through.
    He means Guardian of Ancient Kings, Pally Survivability was nerfed pretty hard this past weekend when they removed or significantly lowered any interaction between Seal of Insight and Hammer of the Righteous. On an AoE pull such as this you're going to have to rely more on the CC (Slows, Stuns, etc) and healing cooldowns than you did previously.

Quote Originally Posted by Pearsyn View Post
    He means Guardian of Ancient Kings, Pally Survivability was nerfed pretty hard this past weekend when they removed or significantly lowered any interaction between Seal of Insight and Hammer of the Righteous. On an AoE pull such as this you're going to have to rely more on the CC (Slows, Stuns, etc) and healing cooldowns than you did previously.
    Great catch! I'm sure relating GoAK to its more well-known warrior equivalent Shield Wall really had people confused!

Deleted
    Tanked the windblades as a prot warrior on our kill the other night and it was pretty faceroll with some structure behind it. Popped shield wall while picking up both groups, two shield blocks and a pain suppression after shield wall faded. Then my vengeance was high as a kite and 1.3-1.5 million shield barriers made me virtually immune the rest of the phase thanks to revenge procs giving more rage than i can spend. Saved last stand in case i somehow would spike a bit as a panic button. Felt a bit gimmicky after that point.