The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

More laptop problems - Graphic card

I was given a Sony VAIO laptop aprox 2 days ago which is this one http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Sony+-+V...&skuId=6747147

Straight from the store and given it to me as a gift. It uses an AMD card however... it continues to use the integrated intel graphics thus making my gaming on the laptop pretty horrible. I can't even find any drivers cause apparently the newest ATI catalyst isn't compatible with any VAIO laptop =/

Is there anything I can do?

What kind of frame rates are you seeing and on what games? The GPU you have in that laptop is in the mid-low end range for graphics cards, so if you are trying to play games like crysis or Deus ex or something you may find it will just run slow.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordmatthias View Post
    What kind of frame rates are you seeing and on what games? The GPU you have in that laptop is in the mid-low end range for graphics cards, so if you are trying to play games like crysis or Deus ex or something you may find it will just run slow.
    WoW has aprox 20-30 FPS max and Diablo has aprox 40-50 average fps

What settings are you running wow at? That may actually be all you are able to run at. Those actually aren't terrible rates for Diablo. Like I said the GPU in that laptop isn't exactly the beefiest card. Generally if you are running on just the on-board card you would be running at like 10 fps in diablo and depending on where you are in wow about the same frame rates. Unfortunately you may have just run into the hardware limitation of your system.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lordmatthias View Post
    What settings are you running wow at? That may actually be all you are able to run at. Those actually aren't terrible rates for Diablo. Like I said the GPU in that laptop isn't exactly the beefiest card. Generally if you are running on just the on-board card you would be running at like 10 fps in diablo and depending on where you are in wow about the same frame rates. Unfortunately you may have just run into the hardware limitation of your system.
    Most of it is on ''Good''