Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    I hate it when people claim physical violence is the worst you can do to someone.
    I hate it when people claim saying mean things is worse than murder.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    Well I don't know about other religions. I'm christian and god sure as hell doesn't say "kill those who don't believe in me".
    You shouldnt be so naive to believe theres only one make believe god right? Theres been plenty of people tapping that honeypot man But yes, there are religions that instruct people to kill non believers ect.

Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    Fair enough, i gave a wrong example... But without christianity there wouldnt of been any of the faith crusades launched, man wouldnt of slaughtered mass's of innocent people simply because they refused to accept religion forced upon them.

So to each end man and religion is to blame, it can bring out the worse of each person.
    So does a lot of things. You can't blame it on the religion, or the cause of the act. It's the sole fault of the person who does the killing. As I said, I haven't killed anyone who isn't christian, I haven't hurt anyone in the name of my religion. Because it's not the religion that causes it.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Religion is a belief, not a motive. People create the motive to kill others in the name of the belief.
    Religion is used as a motive. I meant my words as I said them thank you very much. Religion is the main motivator in hundreds if not thousands of crimes small and of great proportion throughout history. Religion is the cause in those cases, with people as the trigger. Very few cases are guns simply existing the primary motivation for a crime, people in general don't just say "I have a gun so I should rob this bank simply because I have the gun, I don't even need the cash." People have said; "This person doesn't believe in my religion, so I'm going to prosecute him just because he doesn't believe in my religion."

In fact, they have said that quite often indeed. Religion is used as a motivator for inhumane acts quite often. You can believe in religion yes, but it is a motivate at heart. I can believe in a gun, but it doesn't motivate me to do anything, it's just an object and not a system of beliefs brought about to "motivate people".

Fair enough, i gave a wrong example... But without christianity there wouldnt of been any of the faith crusades launched, man wouldnt of slaughtered mass's of innocent people simply because they refused to accept religion forced upon them.

So to each end man and religion is to blame, it can bring out the worse of each person.
    Without religion we wouldn't have had the artistic age of Europe, or arguably the fall monarchies. It also has led to some of the most successful charities. Say what you will, but religion really helped us advance as a species and can bring out the best of a person.
    And yes man would have slaughtered innocents as they always have and always will. Violence is in our nature, and whether we are controlled through nationalism, fear, religion, false senses of superiority or anything else, we will always fight.

You shouldnt be so naive to believe theres only one make believe god right? Theres been plenty of people tapping that honeypot man But yes, there are religions that instruct people to kill non believers ect.
    Allah
    Atum, Ra, Amun, Ptah.
    Aphrodite, Apollo, Zeus, Hades, Poseidon.
    Buddha

I'm not that naive. I know of other religion's gods. I just don't look into their teachings.
    If what doesn't kill you, makes you stronger. Then I should be a god by now.

Deleted
    So does a lot of things. You can't blame it on the religion, or the cause of the act. It's the sole fault of the person who does the killing. As I said, I haven't killed anyone who isn't christian, I haven't hurt anyone in the name of my religion. Because it's not the religion that causes it.
    Wrong, some religions DO instruct there believers to kill non believers. But you seem so certain that religion cannot influence death? Why not, its perfectly reasonable to accept that people were killed in the name of religion. Be it sacrificial, or in wars.

But be it anyway, you have not killed anyone in the name of your religion - good for you. No really, i just dont believe in fairy tales especially when some of them instruct people to kill and people have died over it.

Was probably already mentioned but calling a bunch of imbeciles the most disgusting human beings on the face of the planet earth when on the other side of the globe 10 year olds get encouraged to behead tied up men seems quite retarded.

Quick, give them as much attention as you can! If we talk about them and put a lot of thought and energy into their actions, we will surely deter them from doing all these awful things.

10+ Year Old Account
    We already have a thread on the WBC that has included discussion on this protest Here: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...hate-group-WBC

Feel free to talk about this there, or in one of the Sandy Hook threads.