Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    I really didnt want to comment on gun control cause even though i dont own a gun i love to shoot recreationally on a gun range

This is a culture war and americas love affair with firearms need to be tackled

Banning assault weapons is a good start we may not see the results for at least a generation what with the proliferation of assault weapons but if a ban was in place a soccer mom may think twice about having a AK-47 in her house and the rest of the assault weapons will slowly be removed from american society

Now i dont think we should ban all guns but seriously guys there is no need for any citizen to own a weapon that can fire military grade ammo at 600 rps

If you really need to get your jollies off then go visit a gun range and rent one and go nuts you dont need a AR-15 to stop burglars
    When the American economy collapses and their is rioting in the streets/looting and mass murder, you can defend yourself and your family with a handgun
    When someone has the balls to declare war on America and invade American soil you can rely on the protection of American soldiers

I on the otherhand will ensure a rather large portion of the enemy never makes it to your house as I had the common sense to protect my own wellbeing through the most effective means possible be it legal or not (and i will gladly protect myself and my weapons from anyone who would try to take them from me)

When we say you will pry our guns from our cold dead hands, that is exactly what we mean as we will gladly use them on anybody who threatens our livelihood, and we consider you retarded for relying on the protection of others and believing society will never degrade to the point that you need the means to protect yourself in extreme circumstances.

Essentially this issue has the potential to start a second civil war which my side will win because we have been preparing our entire lives
    And if you think your average American soldier is against gun ownership or the right to keep assault weapons ....well lol
    Last edited by skrump; 2012-12-19 at 08:00 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Typrax View Post

---------- Post added 2012-12-18 at 11:31 PM ----------

[/COLOR]

It's relevant because tragedy will always occur no matter how much you try to contain it.
    So let's dismiss the police force, anyway crimes are always going to happen, no matter how much we try to contain them.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 07:56 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    This. Liberalism is based on emotions, though, not logic.
    "Logic" for you is gun control will increase gun related crimes and deaths?

There's a connection because every country has problems that are unavoidable.
    That's a pretty crappy connection then. That's like saying male impotency has a connection to infant mortality rates. I'm sure in some weird way you could find a connection but it would be so statistically insignificant the mind could barely fathom how unrelated they were.

The connection is everyone has problems. Really?
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

Quote Originally Posted by N-7 View Post
    I am pretty sure that with good management (which is what most of the world lacks) these problems can be avoided or reduced greatly.
    That looks all fine and dandy on paper. We should appoint you to the new National Firearms Commission Chair so you can clean things up for us.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Quetzl View Post
    dual-wield glocks
    You can't fucking be serious.

Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    Because those countries have gun control and it works for them.
    Yeah, just go ahead and ignore, like, fucking everything else that makes America different from those other countries. Things like culture and economy definitely don't come into play.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Swazi Spring View Post
    This. Liberalism is based on emotions, though, not logic.
    Conservatives have shown to respond much more to feelings of fear than liberals. This is why a lot of things arent legal, because conservatives area afraid of them, like gay marriage, drugs, ect.

Also comparing crime in the US to crime in Japan doesn't work. Japan is a very racially homogenous nation (almost all Japanese, some Koreans) and while I lived there I dont think I ever saw a homeless Japanese person or even someone I could identify as poor. The US on the other hand is composed of many different races in large percentages and there are lots of very poor people among very rich people. Income disparity is a leading indicator of crime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dawkins has always been shit at philosophy, while I'm sure he's brilliant in his field. America doesn't glorify guns, we glorify freedom. As cliche as it sounds, freedom is one of the most important luxuries a society can have.
    We don't glorify guns? All of the media we have involving guns isn't glorifying them? Sons of Guns isn't glorying them?

10+ Year Old Account
    When we say you will pry our guns from our cold dead hands, that is exactly what we mean as we will gladly use them on anybody who threatens our livelihood, and we consider you retarded for relying on the protection of others and believing society will never degrade to the point that you need the means to protect yourself in extreme circumstances.
    Somehow seeing you write that AND imagine that people like you have firearms makes me want to never visit your country.
    Do you wear a tinfoil hat too, so the establishment can't read your thoughts?

10+ Year Old Account
    Please post in the existing gun control threads.