Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jantasir View Post
    I dislike raiding, i shouldn't have to raid to have the best gear! I should have access to it through my pet battles, dailies and scenarios! See what i did there...
    You made yourself look like an entitled fool. Honestly what do you need charms and the best gear for if you dont like raiding? Charms can only be used in raids, heroics and scenario's can be done wearing blues.

I would like to know what you plan to do with the charms if you hate raiding? BTW, you can get good gear form doing dailies, dungeons, and scenario's but PET BATTLES!?!? You really think you should be rewarded with the best gear from doing pet battles? That is too funny, maybe they should let us grow epics on our farm too?

a new world boss in 5.2?

lol haven't even seen galleon yet ;-) Spawns once a week?

Deleted
    Spawns once a week?
    On my server Galleon spawns on Wednesday every week, at about 05:00-06:00 AM, shortly after the weekly reset. But if there's a maintenance in the morning, he'll spawn after the maintenance ends.
    That's really bad :/

He spawned three times last week on my server. The battles that ensued... Especially the one last night. Horde got it, of course, they always do, but we put up one hell of a fight. Took them three tries to get it, we wiped them on 1.5mill on their first try, and then on 150k on their second.

Zerg strat, they don't get 255 stacks. They get around 60 or so. You can't stack the debuff indefinitely because the player who is the construct does like 200k dmg a whack, and eventually you'd push the boss into phase 2.

I'm sure they'll just make it so he interrupts his scapel cast when p2 would trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Znuff View Post
    You don't DPS the boss...

Also, it's on HEROIC, where it takes significantly more damage to push him to P2.
    You are DPSing the boss though, the strike that applies the debuff does quite a bit of damage.
    Last edited by fangless; 2012-12-19 at 02:24 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Necronium View Post
    Ganking and camping low level towns and repeatedly killing all quest givers and flight masters = griefing?

In Vanilla and all the way through Burning crusade, that was usually called a challenge. A taunting motion for the opposing faction to bring their goons and thugs to put a smackdown on the gankers. But since people are extremely lazy nowadays, since they play for rewards and not for laughs and great moments, no one rises up and stomps the ganker in the face. Instead we bitch and moan.
    This is how some of the greatest World pvp battles of all time started, and now it's called griefing just because people are lazy to retaliate?

Interesting how time changes a game and it's playerbase.
    It really does make you think that instead of adapting to the new needs of the playerbase, or indeed actually steering them, Blizzard have just slapped on CRZ in the hopes of bringing back the glory days of vanilla without acknowledging the fact the game has changed to point where World PvP= ganking, and Blizzard are the biggest culprits in this change. Even in WotLK when everyone was sitting in Dalaran hitting their button for insta queue instance ports Hillsbrad and STV and other places could see some intra-guild battles erupting, albeit rarely compared to vanilla standards and then the Cataclysm happens to segregate both factions in such a way that a levelling character could conceivably reach Hellfire Pen without even seeing a member of the opposite faction. You can't change the game in one direction and then hope that people will be happy when you half assedly change your mind back. Even in Panderia, with all their liittle tweaks made by Blizz to promote World PvP shows a lack of real understanding of the current mood of the playerbase as I think I've seen World PvP (Halfhill excepting) all of three times in Panderia since MoP was released; people just want their dailys done and then they want to GTFO. Hell, instead of World PvP I think MoP has brung an unprecedented level of co-operation between players of the opposite factions. World PvP was a thing, but it's day is long done. I wish Blizz would let it die gracefully instead of changing the game because of a rose tinted memories of a bygone age and the The Daily Blink unusually misses the mark on this issue.

Deleted
    Why pet battles, from all the stuff they could pick one to choose the most shitty minigame present in WoW...fuck Blizz..

Quote Originally Posted by Ondonnick View Post
    You made yourself look like an entitled fool. Honestly what do you need charms and the best gear for if you dont like raiding? Charms can only be used in raids, heroics and scenario's can be done wearing blues.

I would like to know what you plan to do with the charms if you hate raiding? BTW, you can get good gear form doing dailies, dungeons, and scenario's but PET BATTLES!?!? You really think you should be rewarded with the best gear from doing pet battles? That is too funny, maybe they should let us grow epics on our farm too?
    i know sarcasm is hard to see over the internet.. but the 'see what i did there' should have spelled it out for the intellectually impaired. What i did was reversed the fortune. People seem to think that they're 'forced' to do the OPTIONAL content (when in all actuality its ALL optional). I would like to thank you for emphasizing my point though, it does sound quite stupid. Just as stupid as the people who are using the opposite.
    Quote Originally Posted by Culexus View Post
    Never ask for logic in a game that mails you dragons.

I had to laugh about the "QA" part about not releasing anything hastily. I hope the irony of the awful CRZ implementation smacks them in the face.

Quote Originally Posted by lukesh View Post
    oh, and lol @ forcing us to do dailies or f...... s... pet battles LOL
    You are not forced to do a single thing. It is for people who like to pet battle and would rather do that than run dailies for lesser charms. But if you went out and got exalted with all of the major factions then you shouldn't need to run any dailies at all for the next 3 months. My druid has over 1000 lesser charms. The only dailies I run on him now are Tiller. At the rate I'm going it's going to take me about 9 months to run out of lesser charms.

On my priest I am going to reach my limit in about 2 months, at which point I'll have a choice on what I want to do to replenish my charms. Before I was dreading running dailies on factions that I don't need. You see my priest is Holy/Disc and doing dailies is a pain in the ass sometimes. But now with these changes I'll have the option to do pet battles.

Uhh, that's complete BS.

Amber Shaper only had 66 stacks. LIES!

Finally some alternatives to dailies bein announced. Its a little late from my point of view but at least they finally understood the big problem they had.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    Finally some alternatives to dailies bein announced. Its a little late from my point of view but at least they finally understood the big problem they had.
    You don't learn without failing. This holds true for everything, including Blizzard and their design choices.

Very glad to see charms possibly added to pet battles. They needed to tie pet battles to the rest of the game in more ways. It felt sometimes like I was playing a totally different game.

My raid team laughed at me the last time I brought out my leveled pets. Let's see them laugh now, when they see me getting all my charms without doing a single daily!

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    You don't learn without failing. This holds true for everything, including Blizzard and their design choices.

I know that, i just think Blizzard needs to be faster at getting big problems adressed.

Anyone can make a mistake with good intentions, but a big company like Blizzard should be faster adressing them.

Deleted
    Blizzard finally caved into the people who constantly complained about dailies.

GG guys -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Notos View Post
    You can play the exact same way you did in Cata by the way. Yeah there are bonuses for doing dailies, but hey if you hate them that much...
    Then you didn't understand the complaints about the rep gain options this time. Either that or you're one of those people that want to make the game tedious enough to make those who you don't want to be playing the game quit. Either way, it's a fail argument because it's not the argument.

Aside from the gating of two factions and crafting patterns that could be pretty damn important to guilds and raiders (making them seem like they were necessary anyway even though Blizz had the intentions otherwise), it's the thing that we were pigeon holed into dailies if we wanted to grind rep. No one was ever saying "bring back tabards" (though, again, those playing the pathetic elitist vs. casual war the way they do will try to say that that's what is being said anyway because they have a nasty ulterior motive with wanting things to stay the way they are now).

However, when you put things in that players see as necessary (like high end enchants and crafting patterns) behind factions that are gated behind another faction that takes weeks to grind to the appropriate level and whose dailies are so tediously boring and take you to a ridiculously cramped and heavily contested spot on the map to do them, and then you take away all other avenues to get the rep (even those that were acceptable in TBC, which is viewed by elitists to be THE expansion), then don't think through that people might have a lot of alts that they want to take to 90 as well, and you create a problem that has no easy solution.

Plus, no one bought that Blizz was doing that for the reasons Blizz gave. They had a faction that they wanted to shove down our throats because they thought it was the best story line they ever did. The Golden Lotus and Klaxxi had backlash because there were just too many dailies, the places to do them in were way too crowded and cramped, the mobs were pretty tough to kill, the dailies themselves were just boring to have to do, and the rep gains from each one didn't justify the work you put into doing them. The Shado Pan, Tillers, and AC ones were much better, I think, because they didn't take as long to do, they didn't provide you with an endless daily quest line that at the end of it didn't make you wonder if you even made a dent in your rep gains, the dailies were more interesting (I like when the AC takes me to the White Temple, for example), and it wasn't as cramped or tougher than it had to be (I like a challenge, too, but I want the difficulty to make sense).

And to be honest, this upcoming change IS giving us what they did in TBC (think Thrallmar rep), which is what they should've done to begin with. It gives us another avenue for those that would like to get the rep and wouldn't mind doing the grinds to do them (nor minds the wait), but are groaning at how they mismanaged their obsession with the dailies.
    I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space, with the tuning fork, does a raw blink on Hari-Kari rock! I need scissors! 61!

Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post

GG guys -.-
    They are valid complaints. Just like it was valid when other group of people comained about having to run endless dungeon runs to get the rep.

Both systems had the same flaw.

Quote Originally Posted by Crashdummy View Post
    I know that, i just think Blizzard needs to be faster at getting big problems adressed.

Anyone can make a mistake with good intentions, but a big company like Blizzard should be faster adressing them.
    The problem is that Blizzard has by far the largest MMO in the industry. With 10 million players you have to make sure that what you put out is as good as it can be. The last thing you wanna do is make something worse in the attempt of fixing it.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 05:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tedsterz View Post

GG guys -.-
    The thing about the coins was actually valid enough. Blizzard likes to have things obtainable from more than one playstyle. Currently the coins are exclusively available to people doing daily quests. So I don't have a problem with them changing it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The problem is that Blizzard has by far the largest MMO in the industry. With 10 million players you have to make sure that what you put out is as good as it can be. The last thing you wanna do is make something worse in the attempt of fixing it.[COLOR="red"]
    True, but you cant take 4months+ on LIVE to fix important problems. There needs to be a middle ground. Feedback about dailies going to be a problem was given in Beta, even when it wasnt such a big problem because in Beta there were no VP gear attached to them.

It took too long to acknowledge the problems in cata, it took to long to do so in MoP IMO too.