Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Mayna View Post
    Why does everyone think like this? This mindset is slowly killing the game. If you don't play enough to kill the boss, then you don't get to kill it. Get over it. Everybody feels like they are entitled to do everything, leaving the dedicated players with nothing to show for the time they put in. Even heroic raiding, which was specifically designed to fix this problem, is fucked now with all of the nerfs that come out. Who DOESNT have the Deathwing heroic mount? Sure, dedicated players get cool gear for a few months, and then everything is thrown out the window when the nerfs roll in. It's retarded. Stop complaining.
    I've played a few hundred hours this expansion and I have not even seen Galleon yet. On my server he dies within minute of spawning, if you don't camp for him you don't see him. Its dumb.

That rep change is like a band aid with bactine on a severed limb to me. To each their own i guess, just more of the so called "content" i wont be doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Mayna View Post
    Why does everyone think like this? This mindset is slowly killing the game. If you don't play enough to kill the boss, then you don't get to kill it. Get over it. Everybody feels like they are entitled to do everything, leaving the dedicated players with nothing to show for the time they put in. Even heroic raiding, which was specifically designed to fix this problem, is fucked now with all of the nerfs that come out. Who DOESNT have the Deathwing heroic mount? Sure, dedicated players get cool gear for a few months, and then everything is thrown out the window when the nerfs roll in. It's retarded. Stop complaining.
    It's not that he doesn't play enough, it's that the 'random' spawn isn't so random. On our server, Galleon is always up within a couple hours of server maintenance, then a very small chance randomly later in the week. Problem is.. maintenance ends when most people are working. If you have a normal job and want to get gear from Galleon, you are screwed.

Deleted
    How far is patch 5.2 ?????

Why are you acting like it's a surprise that they're adding a new world-boss in 5.2? The World bosses act as the new "Vault of Archavon" type tier bosses. The next patch introduces a new raid, so it's only logical they add in the next tier of "Archavon" style boss.

"that can literally be a 1-shot and that is something that we don’t want to see happening in PvP, it’s just not acceptable."

Oh the irony with ganking. I thought 1 shotting in PVP was perfectly fine. It's all part of PVP right? If you don't like being one shot by a warrior don't PVP.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldoran View Post
    zerg strategy from healer POV with healing done in recount? seriously?

Haha, yeah. QFT

10+ Year Old Account
    Ganking isn't pvp

Quote Originally Posted by Maelstrom51 View Post
    They do, in the form of elder charms.
    I wasn't aware charms were the sole source of the good gear. My apologies.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 12:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by wanna993 View Post
    I'd like to see where you get a lvl 40 pvp set so he doesn't get ganked 24/7. Oh wait there is none.
    People are bitching about LOW LEVELs getting ganked, not your main who's 90.
    Jeez
    Again, it's a server with no rules. If you have such a big problem with it, get some friends to follow you around for an hour or two on their mains. It's how you have always prevented being ganked. By bringing friends.

And if you don't have any friends willing to help you out, what are you staying on that server for anyway?

Yes, this sounds harsh. But so is the reality of PVP servers. It's not fluffy unicorns and rainbows, it's war. And there are no rules in war.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 01:03 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by RicardoZ View Post
    Ganking isn't pvp
    https://us.battle.net/support/en/art...-server-policy

PvP Realm Policies
    Actions that would typically be considered "dishonorable" are considered legitimate PvP tactics and will not be addressed by our Game Master (GM) staff. Actions that fall into this category include, but are not limited to:

Corpse camping.
    Tricking players into getting flagged for PvP (i.e. jumping in the middle of another player's area effect spell).
    Killing players well below your level.
    In WoW it is.

I'll start this post out with my appeal to authority I've been playing WOW since the second day servers went live in 2003. The same cyclical arguments keep coming back and back and back PVP servers have too much ganking well I think that people need to remember that there is a large number of people out there who make it to level cap and then realize that they're not very good at the game. They don't do well in battlegrounds and they don't do well in looking for group usually is the guys with the four hour kick timer then what they do is they head to low level zones and use the fact that they have six figures for health against your 6000 health as the ultimate leverage to prove to themselves that they are good at the game. What I always suggest to people that are new to the game is to find some way to either record their names or get an add-on that will put them kill on site so when you do happen upon them with your max level toon you can get a little sweet revenge on them because you know they're going to be terrible at PVP and you can just camp them over and over.

Quote Originally Posted by defactomonkey View Post
    I'll start this post out with my appeal to authority I've been playing WOW since the second day servers went live in 2003. The same cyclical arguments keep coming back and back and back PVP servers have too much ganking well I think that people need to remember that there is a large number of people out there who make it to level cap and then realize that they're not very good at the game. They don't do well in battlegrounds and they don't do well in looking for group usually is the guys with the four hour kick timer then what they do is they head to low level zones and use the fact that they have six figures for health against your 6000 health as the ultimate leverage to prove to themselves that they are good at the game. What I always suggest to people that are new to the game is to find some way to either record their names or get an add-on that will put them kill on site so when you do happen upon them with your max level toon you can get a little sweet revenge on them because you know they're going to be terrible at PVP and you can just camp them over and over.
    In game revenge does not satisfy me. If I could find them in real life and gank them for real would be very sweet. Because you know, in real life they are hobbits beaten in school by all other students
    The trick of selling a FFA-PvP MMO is creating the illusion among gankers that they are respectable fighters while protecting them from respectable fights, as their less skilled half would be massacred and quit instead of “HTFU” as they claim.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice clever use of mechanics on that boss! Too bad it'll be quickly hot-fixed if it hasn't already by now.
    Alayea - Enhance/Resto (Main) Lithala - BM Gekkani - Holy/Shadow
    Mathrie - Fury/Prot Mayae - Resto/Bal Elita - Frost/Blood
    Chrystie - Frost Draika - Combat Ioreth - Ret/Prot
    Vexbolt - Destruction Yin - WW/MW Yolis
    Urwenn