Thread: I got owned.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrven View Post
    Which is greatly changed state to state along with so many other factors. In some states this would be manditory jail time in others it is a fine. For offenses like this the state isn't going to give you an public defender. If you want a lawyer you will have to pay for on yourself.

For the love of god do not listen to the don't worry about it or the cops or judge smoked too so it wont be a big deal dog shit advice ppl are giving. Be as proactive as you can as soon as you can and hope the school and the state don't come down on you too harshly.
    actually a lot of states don't give public defenders for misdemeanors anymore.
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Stop listening to people tell you what's going to happen. Every single state has different laws regarding the penalties based on the amount of drugs you had in your possession. GET YOURSELF A LAWYER, do NOT listen to advise of people on the internet. Moreover, anything you say can be used against you regardless of your pleading guilty or not. If the state finds out that you're posting about your little tryst on the net that can copy that and use it against you.

You committed a crime. Get a LAWYER. The state will fuck you, that much you can be assured of. It doesn't matter if you've ever committed a crime or not.

I live in Utah, a half an ounce of pot is a felony in the 3rd degree - 1-5years in fucking state prison and a 5000 dollar fine. That's serious, get a goddamn lawyer and don't fuck around with your future.
    Last edited by Rimrot; 2012-12-19 at 02:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flappy View Post
    It's both. When you have a small amount like the OP, they will look at other things closer (IE Tools and location). You could have .20 oz but if you had a scale and baggies you can get hit with distribution.
    No, you can get accused of distibution, to get hit by it they got to prove it.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    I'm all for legalization but stop fooling yourself while it's Illegal your using drugs does kill people.this generation really needs to learn that all their actions have consequences.
    Don't think you can generalize it... Who said I'm even buying my weed, it's a plant! So how does using tie into people dieing thousands of miles away, please explain.

Quote Originally Posted by morpheeus View Post
    1 word........3 syllables......1st letter is I.........last letter is T

IDIOT

Anyway,i wouldnt worry to much mate,if its your first offence there normally give you scare tactics and a slap on the wrist
    It will always be in the public defenders record that you went to court for it. It will more than likely be a suspended sentance with forced rehab. Maybe 1 year probation. Just dont lie. You get caught in a lie the judge will be a dick. It will go on your record for a year. If you do get it on your record it can be expunged after 7 if you dont commit anymore crimes either way.

Dumb mistake is a dumb mistake but you did do it. You knew the consequences before hand, not really responsible to beg for a way oit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sigh well I'm unsubing from this thread. Too many dumdums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceyx View Post
    Sigh well I'm unsubing from this thread. Too many dumdums.
    What an incredibly insightful and constructive post.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lollze View Post
    This will never be removed from your record.
    Enjoy bearing the consequences of your stupidities and be glad this is all you got punishment wise.
    The only stupidity I see is in societies' archaic drug laws.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Sadly this is a State by State situation, if you are in Arizona your screwed, if you are in the North East not so much. Basically Red State you will have problems and might need a real lawyer, blue state you might get a verbal warning.

Deleted
    Jail time inc, remember lube if it's your first time.

Deleted
    Fantastically stupid. Imagine someone busted for owning 6 sixpacks of beer. Or a box of cigarettes. Absurd, isn't it?
    Yet alcohol and tobacco are drugs equally dangerous & addictive as cannabis.

I wonder when politicians worldwide will get their priorities on the so-called "drug wars" right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asthreon View Post
    America: Where shooting someone in the face in "self-defence" gets you in less trouble than smoking some weed.
    I got mad, Then i lol'ed

American Bashing aside, OP start rehab and put some effort into it, do community outreach programs and church activities. Make a effort to clean up your act such as getting a job a nice haircut and a wear a suit (with light colors) when you go before the judge. If he sees that you are making positive changes to your life because of this "wakeup call" he may drop it.

Note, i am not a lawyer, or batman

Edit Listen to this man/woman

Quote Originally Posted by Rimrot View Post
    Stop listening to people tell you what's going to happen. Every single state has different laws regarding the penalties based on the amount of drugs you had in your possession. GET YOURSELF A LAWYER, do NOT listen to advise of people on the internet. Moreover, anything you say can be used against you regardless of your pleading guilty or not. If the state finds out that you're posting about your little tryst on the net that can copy that and use it against you.

You committed a crime. Get a LAWYER. The state will fuck you, that much you can be assured of. It doesn't matter if you've ever committed a crime or not.

I live in Utah, a half an ounce of pot is a felony in the 3rd degree - 1-5years in fucking state prison and a 5000 dollar fine. That's serious, get a goddamn lawyer and don't fuck around with your future.

Deleted your post (they can use this against you, because you said you were going to sell it), deleted this thread and get a lawyer.
    Last edited by the0o; 2012-12-19 at 03:34 PM.

"Humility defeats pride, Master Yang has preached. Pride defeats man"

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    I got mad, Then i lol'ed
    Sadly he is right, if you want to buy sex in the USA you have to go to Nevada out in a desert or risk going to jail. If you want to smoke weed you risk going to jail unless your in a couple of states, if you want a gun just pay the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rimrot View Post
    No it's not. In Utah a half ounce of pot is a Class B Misdemeanor. At most 6 months in jail and a 1000 dollar fine. For most states anything under a quarter of a pound is a misdemeanor. In Utah you can have up to a pound before it becomes a felony.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the0o View Post
    Deleted your post (they can use this against you, because you said you were going to sell it), deleted this thread and get a lawyer.
    He actually made it clear in his post he wasn't going to distribute it.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

You need to talk to a lawyer. From the state where you were busted. Whether it's one appointed to serve you or one you hire, is up to you. Expungment laws vary from state to state. For example, i know of a state where you could have that expunged, but you'd then be unable to have anything else expunged for a number of years, so be aware of that possibility. But talk to a lawyer, from that state.

15+ Year Old Account
    Closed at the request of the OP.