Page 2 of 74 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    And how does that make any sense? Shouldn't digital equal lower price, since there's no cost to the developer to ship, make plastic, etc?
    Digital copies are priced higher to give retailers a chance to sell the game as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    I want Skyrim and Kingdom of Something, RPG. I've been patiently waiting!
    I'm guessing you mean Kingdom of Amalur.
    I've never ever seen it on sale on steam =(

10+ Year Old Account
    Horray for Steam! I would never dare dream of playing Skyrim, or really any other game besides the Halo series, on anything other than a PC!

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    [B]

* Don't buy anything unless it's a daily or flash deal until the last day, because things are often discounted every further on the dailies.
    Ye learnt that one the hard way during the Black friday sale. Bought Batman AC GotY edition for £9.99 (half price). Next day it was £4.99 ^^

* Steam now emails you if a game on your wishlist goes on sale. So you can add all the games you want to watch to your wishlist and get an alert.
    Epic change is epic!

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 03:44 PM ----------

And of course, the obligartory Steam sale pic:

Another good reason to use the wishlist, aside from the new email feature:

Sometimes, especially for older, indie, or less well known games, Steam will still put them on sale but they don't get any front page real estate. By putting all games you are interested in in your wishlist, you can quickly pull it up and see what discounts are there by default. That way if there is a game you are interested in but it never goes on a front page sale, you don't miss out on the deal.

Also, if there is a game that looks interesting but you've never heard of it, check WTF is... on Youtube. TotalBiscuit has a lot of the Steam games reviewed on Youtube, and you can usually get a good idea of if the game is worth it or not. I've personally bought too many games just because they were cheap and then absolutely hated them.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Deleted
    the only game i really really want is FTL (ill buy it if it doesnt end up going on sale)

other games ill buy only if 50% off or more... dark souls, skyrim... thats probably all ill buy this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    the only game i really really want is FTL (ill buy it if it doesnt end up going on sale)

other games ill buy only if 50% off or more... dark souls, skyrim... thats probably all ill buy this year.
    I forgot about that. I also want FTL and Hotline Miami. Dammit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post

If you realy want FTL gog is currently having a 50% off sale on it (cheapest you can get it for at the moment last steam sale it was only 40 that was a week or so ago) http://www.gog.com/gamecard/faster_than_light
    I think it comes with a steam key to not sure.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vayjir View Post
    If you realy want FTL gog is currently having a 50% off sale on it (cheapest you can get it for at the moment last steam sale it was only 40 that was a week or so ago) http://www.gog.com/gamecard/faster_than_light
    I think it comes with a steam key to not sure.
    yeah ive seen the deal before but i like to keep most of my games in one place which is steam.. so i can wait. everytime i go on GOG.com i do feel tempted to buy dungeon keeper and theme hospital again lol (it needs syndicate wars on it though :P)

also might be tempted at natural selection 2 with a decent sale.
    Last edited by mmoccc0b2dd691; 2012-12-19 at 03:50 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    i'm hoping to see a 50% off for The Secret World, especially now that it's B2P.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vankrys View Post
    i'm hoping to see a 50% off for The Secret World, especially now that it's B2P.
    It was something like 75% off at GMG last week so I think we should see it at least 50% off in the steam sale.

10+ Year Old Account
    It was something like 75% off at GMG last week so I think we should see it at least 50% off in the steam sale.
    Why the (insert big insult) I didn't check up on GMG D:! that's like a bargain

Deleted
    I'm getting money within a couple of days. Hopefully the first few sales aren't too good.

Deleted
    im wanting dishonored or AC3 for around £20 :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    I'm getting money within a couple of days. Hopefully the first few sales aren't too good.
    Well they usually do a "best of..." sales at the end, so it isn't all bad .

I'm personally hoping the new Awesomenauts Vinnie and Spike Skin goes on sale. It's easily my Game of the Year.
    Last edited by Scummer; 2012-12-19 at 05:21 PM.

Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering when/if this was going to happen this year!
    Probably running on a Pentium 4

I don't really have any particular games I am hoping for, but I'm certain I will buy at least a few. Always do. Got a pretty good haul during the summer and autumn sales. Most of the games high on my list are still too expensive. I want Skyrim but also want to wait for it to have all DLC included in a bundle.

If it gets cheap enough I'll pick up the Game of Thrones RPG. Still bitter about the RTS game, so I don't want to spend a penny more than necessary. There are always at least a few games that I've never heard of that gets featured, so I'll be keeping a close eye on the sales.

Might need to buy a new hard drive at this rate, lol
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    Thanks for the heads up, I was wondering when/if this was going to happen this year!
    That's their trick, they make people always question if they will do one (when in actual fact they are guaranteed to do one every year). Gabe himself said they make more money during sales periods than the rest of the other periods throughout the whole year.

10+ Year Old Account
    If this is your first sale, a few tips..

* Don't buy anything unless it's a daily or flash deal until the last day, because things are often discounted every further on the dailies.

Anyone else have any good tips or hoping to pick up something specific?
    A little more advice on this; if you see a fairly new game at 50% or even 75% you can wait until the last day were the final deals will be up, but generally that's the best your going to get. I missed out on Skyrim 50% off during the Fall sale hoping for it to go 75% which it did not and they put it up for 30% on the last day. 50% on a new title will generally be the best you can get, especially if there are new DLC's available. So do a little research, Steam sales can be gamble, thats why they are so much fun!

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 11:33 AM ----------

Yup thats what Im hoping. I dont think we will see a 75%, maybe a flash deal. But Im sure they know they can sell tons of copies now with no sub at 50% off.