Page 3 of 74 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by philefluxx View Post
    A little more advice on this; if you see a fairly new game at 50% or even 75% you can wait until the last day were the final deals will be up, but generally that's the best your going to get. I missed out on Skyrim 50% off during the Fall sale hoping for it to go 75% which it did not and they put it up for 30% on the last day. 50% on a new title will generally be the best you can get, especially if there are new DLC's available. So do a little research, Steam sales can be gamble, thats why they are so much fun!

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 11:33 AM ----------

Yup thats what Im hoping. I dont think we will see a 75%, maybe a flash deal. But Im sure they know they can sell tons of copies now with no sub at 50% off.
    Also remember, if you do miss something there will always be another sale. Summer and winter are practically gurantees, Halloween, Autumn, there are always more Steam Sales.

Also, typically the sale price of something during a daily deal or Flash Sale is the best price that particular title will have all sale. For example, Skyrim last sale was 33% off the entire sale, then went 50% off for a daily deal. Games are on a smaller sale for the entire duration, and then may get a bigger sale for a daily deal or flash sale. If the game you want is not on daily deal or flash sale, wait until the last day. The regular sale price will still be in effect and you always have the chance for it to go on daily deal.
    Author of Instance Profit Tracker
    Find out how much gold you earn soloing raids and dungeons

Curse | GitHub
    WowInterface

Skyrim
    Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams
    Thomas Was Alone
    Fly'n
    Scribblenauts Unlimited

10+ Year Old Account
    Hoping for sales on The Walking Dead and the new XCOM. Incidentally...thinking of picking up TWD for a friend who doesn't game but loves the series. IS TWD playable on your standard non gaming PC or Ipad? It doesn't look terribly demanding, but I'm torn over whether to buy one for him or not, not knowing if he'll be able to play. Of course that's if it even goes on sale.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by shokter View Post
    Hoping for sales on The Walking Dead and the new XCOM. Incidentally...thinking of picking up TWD for a friend who doesn't game but loves the series. IS TWD playable on your standard non gaming PC or Ipad? It doesn't look terribly demanding, but I'm torn over whether to buy one for him or not, not knowing if he'll be able to play. Of course that's if it even goes on sale.
    TWD has fairly low system specs. There is actually an iOS version too for ipad although I would think it'd be more immersive on a PC.

Minimum:
    Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
    Memory: 3 GB RAM
    Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free
    Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 512 MB RAM (Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics)
    DirectX®: Direct X 9.0c
    Sound: Direct X 9.0c sound device

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, there goes all my money...
    Packers - Penguins - Gators

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    TWD has fairly low system specs. There is actually an iOS version too for ipad although I would think it'd be more immersive on a PC.

Minimum:
    Processor: 2.0 GHz Pentium 4 or equivalent
    Memory: 3 GB RAM
    Hard Disk Space: 2 GB Space Free
    Video Card: ATI or NVidia card w/ 512 MB RAM (Not recommended for Intel integrated graphics)
    DirectX®: Direct X 9.0c
    Sound: Direct X 9.0c sound device
    I had previously looked at the specs but I don't want to give up the surprise gift by asking him what his PC's specs are. As to your comment about the Ipad and immersion...is that just because of the small screen (I've never used one at all so I am unfamiliar).
    "Brevity is...wit"

10+ Year Old Account
    Come on The Walking Dead . . . come on Dishonored . . .
    Putin khuliyo

Note about The Walking Dead: It's awesome, but if you decide to stop the game during an episode instead of just playing a whole episode straight, you may meet an issue where it says it's broken when you try to launch it, and when you then launch it, your saves are royally screwed. This happened to me in the middle of Episode 3, and after spending a long time fixing it, I realized at the end of Episode 4 that it hadn't saved my choices for Episode 1 and 2. I'm now forced to replay the whole damn game, which is annoying since it's going to be hard to make all the exact same choices.

Will probably start doing that this Saturday and Sunday or something. If it breaks again, I'm going to be very unhappy with this game and future Telltale Games, this is just one of those games where restarting really breaks a lot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by orissa View Post
    Come on The Walking Dead . . . come on Dishonored . . .
    Think they'd both go on sale, not sure for how much though.
    They were both on sale for the turkey sale. So it's very possible they'd go up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Want Skyrim Dishonored Witcher 2, but i need the money for a new computer that im getting in a few days so i think i might be able to wait till summer sale for my wallet to explode

Intel i5 3570k, Gigabyte 7870 OC 2GB AMD RADEON, Kingston Hyperx T1 2x4GB 1600mhz,
    Seasonic 520w M12, Asrock Z77 Pro4, WD 500GB Blue

15+ Year Old Account
    If Rage drops again I'll be picking that up, really want to try the new DLC that just got released, just don't want to bother getting the DLC for my Xbox version. I'll also assume some of the newer games will get some kind of sale. Far Cry 3, Hitman Absolution (Got that one for 20 dollars on Amazon), Assassin's Creed 3, Black Ops 2, etc etc. Also hope The Secret World goes on sale, might encourage more people to buy it/play it, it's a really great game, only thing I've been playing the last few weeks.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 09:59 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by MrDeadcruel View Post
    Want Skyrim Dishonored Witcher 2, but i need the money for a new computer that im getting in a few days so i think i might be able to wait till summer sale for my wallet to explode
    What about the Spring sale?

Semi-relevant, but... there's a new Humble Bundle up, since we're talking about amazing deals.

Link!

10+ Year Old Account
    Already got the bundle yesterday

I hope Left 4 Dead 1 and 2 go rock bottom in steam sale, so my friends can buy them.
    Life needs more games with shit-loads of zombies

Quote Originally Posted by Insanoflex View Post
    yeah ive seen the deal before but i like to keep most of my games in one place which is steam.. so i can wait. everytime i go on GOG.com i do feel tempted to buy dungeon keeper and theme hospital again lol (it needs syndicate wars on it though :P)

also might be tempted at natural selection 2 with a decent sale.
    FTL come with a steam key on their website, it is 50% off right now (4.99$) its a good deal go grab it now DO IT!!!!

FTL Was super fun. More than worth the 10 bucks.

Hotline Miami is AMAZING- A M A Z I N G. I would have paid 20$ if I had known how good it was.

Hoping to pick up Xcom and Dishonored for at least 50% off.

Has it started? I see some middle of the week sales but nothing major.

10+ Year Old Account
    Does anybody know what time it's starting?

Also if there's one thing the last Steam Sale taught me was that Steam isn't the only store that does great offers, greenmangaming was very good (I believe there was also another site).

Deleted
    It usually starts at 10am PDT, that's 6pm GMT... so in 9 hours and 15 minutes at the time of writing this. If it follows the same pattern as previous sales, they don't actually announce it beforehand usually.

This evening!? Ooooh, what did I wake up for...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niku View Post
    This evening!? Ooooh, what did I wake up for...
    For the anticipation. And all that stuff... or your wallet yearns it.
    It speaks.

Steam...
    please take all my money...

Hope they put some fun events in.