15+ Year Old Account

TEB usage at less than 10 stacks

I'm a tank who occasionally dabbles in DPS now and again, and am fairly confident that I pull my own weight when delivering the goods. However, there's one thing I'm not sure I'm doing optimally and that's using TEB.

What I'm doing is lining it up with FoF usage in order to make the slight boost out of that move a little greater. As such, when I know I'll be able to FoF soon I chug whatever stacks I have right before the RSK prior to FoF'ing, thus ensuring that I have both the maximum uptime of TEB-boosted RSKs as well as a boosted FoF.

Does this sound right or should I be holding off for ten stacks and not worrying about having TEB active during FoF?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Makes sense. Unless you're wasting stacks over 10 or refreshing the buff, TEB should give the same theoretical increase. However, if you do use it before RSK/FoF you could actually see a bit more of a gain.
    Quote Originally Posted by roahn the warlock View Post
    when I go to the carnival and drop 5 bucks on a -game- I don't bitch when I don't win the stuffed bear

10+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't worry overly much about FoF usage, I'd focus more on lining up TEB with use/proc trinkets than FoF.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

The basic philosophy surrounding TEB is that if you use it at a high point in your DPS, it will account for a greater increase than using it at a low point.

To that end, I've taken to tracking my Bottle and Relic of Xuen buffs (which are very similar in ICD), and they often come up at the same time, so I pop TEB whenever my trinkets proc (assuming I'll actually get to DPS for the period and don't need the burst at some point soon). Using it every 10 stacks or every time it falls off for 100% uptime is a very safe way to use it, but it is pretty much the least-optimal way to use TEB besides outright wasting stacks.

If TEB lines up with FoF thats great but you'll hardly use FoF when you start getting to higher tiers of raiding due to movement. Use TEB at 10 or less than 10 if there's a Pot or Lust going and you won't have 10 stacks before its over.
    Noirluna the Immortal of Proudmoore