Thread: Insane drivers.

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Insane drivers.

I just stumbled upon the video:
    http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=38a_1355887347

In this video a man is trying to run another man off the road, and most likely kill/beat him up badly.

Have anything like this ever happened to you, or have you ever seen something this bad?

Deleted
    I've shouted in my car, and given someone the finger before (when they deserved it lol) but that's about all the road rage I've dished out on someone.

The most that I've received is a lot of tailgating and ppl flashing lights at me - but hey, it's Ireland - most road users here are pretty chilled. And Dublin (capital city) is now reported to have the safest roads of all EU capital cities. Maybe it's worse somewhere else!

Oh, I've also shouted at bicyclists when they're riding right out in the middle of the road, no helmets+lights, and a collision would have happened if I hadn't been on the ball and stopped in time (if it's dark it's very hard to see them)

Watching on work computer without sound, not sure what's going on... Did the black car try to overtake on a one lane street, then cut off in front of the recording car deliberately to get bumped into? And then raged and tried to chase down the other car??

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    Watching on work computer without sound, not sure what's going on... Did the black car try to overtake on a one lane street, then cut off in front of the recording car deliberately to get bumped into? And then raged and tried to chase down the other car??
    Pretty much yeah. He followed the guy around trying to get him off the road.

im a fairly new driver and sure is mad to do like the above. Gotta say though i met the probally most retarded cyclist yesterday, i was breaking slowly to enter a parking lot (mind you going from like 50 km/ph to 40) and then this idiot cycles out in front of me, the twat should be SO happy i was already on the breaks as he would've ot herwise been rammed down or something.

So point of it all, any mofo using the roads be it cycling driving skating or whatever can be insane twats

I never see really angry/insane drivers... More incompetent/unobservant ones. Like, people driving the wrong way down dual lane one-way systems, then looking incredibly confused at me as I swerve into the other lane to avoid them. Or people not looking as they pull out onto a roundabout, so I have to brake hard to avoid hitting them (even though I have right of way).

But generally speaking I'm in England, so people are awfully polite over here. Usually. It's just incompetence that you have to watch out for. :P

Deleted
    Well, I don't own a car, I walk or ride my bicycle everywhere. So yeah, I've been on the receiving end of some scary behavior.

When I lived further up north in Sweden drivers trying to scare pedestrians away from crossings was so common that I stopped being scared of it (as in, they see you nearing the crossing so they speed up to make you stop so they don't have to slow down for a couple of seconds to allow you time to cross).

I've also had people do the old "OH LIGHT IS GREEN THAT MEANS GO GO GO GO NOW NOW NOW AAAH! PEDESTRIANS!! *hits brakes* *flips terrified pedestrians off and honks angrily because clearly the pedestrians are the irresponsible and inattentive ones*" a few times too many. A bit too common in morning traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Pretty much yeah. He followed the guy around trying to get him off the road.
    Seems to be bat shit crazy. Good thing it's all captured on film, hopefully the police can deal with him easily.

We're all thinking about it, so I'll just say it out loud to get it out of the way... what if this raving lunatic guy had easy *cough*USA*cough* acces to a gun? I know many of you will jump at my throat in a rage comparable to that on the video for this comment, but surely you can't deny that every incident like this where the perp did not have a gun is a credit for gun control?

Quote Originally Posted by kivipää View Post
    We're all thinking about it, so I'll just say it out loud to get it out of the way... what if this raving lunatic guy had easy *cough*USA*cough* acces to a gun? I know many of you will jump at my throat in a rage comparable to that on the video for this comment, but surely you can't deny that every incident like this where the perp did not have a gun is a credit for gun control?
    But we all know that law-breaking madmen like him would have gotten a gun from illicit sources anyway!

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    But we all know that law-breaking madmen like him would have gotten a gun from illicit sources anyway!
    I detect a little sarcasm, I can sense it in the things you saaaaay...

10+ Year Old Account
    that really is food for thought
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

I've had a few bad experiences, summer traffic mostly, people drive like fucking nutters in the summer... but I personally consider bikers(both motorcycles and normal ones) more insane then car drivers, people on their bikes seem to completely disregard the danger they pose to people around them, people in cars generally understand that running someone over will be messy, while not few bikers just seem completely ignorant to the fact that running into someone with a bike can be quite messy as well, seen some absolute lunatics.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

I detect a little sarcasm, I can sense it in the things you saaaaay...
    Yeah, I just find the way that pro-gun people always argue that to be quite silly. It's as though they forget people often randomly flip out like road rages.

10+ Year Old Account
    They got the guy, angry as ever, says the video is fake.

These aren't the spoilers you're looking for.

Move along.

Quote Originally Posted by Blueobelisk View Post
    Now, Waaldo is prepared to look for this person like Prince Charming testing everyone to see just how bad their psychological disorder is if their foot fits in the glass slipper.

At least he seems ashamed, some regret perhaps?
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    They got the guy, angry as ever, says the video is fake.

Good they caught him.
    Does anyone from australia know how long punishment a guy like this can get?

10+ Year Old Account
    I saw a driver get out of his car and stalk to the car behind his, start yelling at the closed window, punch the window, then start trying to kick it in. The driver of the car under assault took off as fast as he could.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Zogarth View Post
    Good they caught him.
    Does anyone from australia know how long punishment a guy like this can get?
    I think something like 2-4 years, dont quote me on that though. I've seen some crazy road rage in my day but nothing that violent, the worst I've had is some asshole that kept following me and throwing cans and other crap at me for about 20 mins, worst thing is I did absolutely nothing wrong.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Holy cow. Closest I have been is being beeped at while stopped at an stop sign intersecting a highway. The driver behind me thought I was able to go through but there were cars coming. Once we both went through the intersection he passed me as if by doing so showed me the errors of my ways.

Probably the funniest one I've seen is a guy turning left didn't see a guy coming from the right and T boned him. The guy and girl from the truck got out and started yelling at the guy for hitting their new truck as if the truck being new had anything to do with it. No physical contact and no injuries though so I left.