View Poll Results: Would you want this Glyph while playing your Hunter?

Voters
210. This poll is closed
  • YES! All the time! I'd never see my pet again!

32 15.24%
  • Yes, I'd enjoy this option. But I'd still use my pet sometimes.

80 38.10%
  • I really do not care. I'm just here to shoot stuff.

12 5.71%
  • No, I don't like this. But I'd do it, if it was better for a fight.

14 6.67%
  • NO! NEVER! My pet is my best friend. I hate this! I'd never use it!

35 16.67%
  • Your ideas about a computer game offend me personally, and I wish harm upon you.

9 4.29%
  • I'm a Paladin, but I saw this in Recent Posts and want to vote.

28 13.33%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aren't hunters suppose to hunt, not adopt every animal they see.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    If you choose to dismiss your pet and fight without it you should not gain the ability to provide it's buff to party/raid members.
    That would be too harmful to raid groups that rely on the Hunter to bring a key buff, though. The alternative is that those guilds tell their Hunter: "You can never glyph your shiny new toy". That doesn't seem very fun either.

Overall, I think it's fair to let the buff zoo feature stay, since it's not exactly a dynamic part of your pet anyway (it just gets left on autocast and never thought about again).

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice ideas. I agree there should be a pet less spec. The idea of a hunter having pets always seemed strange to me, hunters kill stuff, not keep pets.
    In any case i disagree and think it should be the survival spec with no pet. Having no pet to rely on and using traps and explosive shots to kill your enemies seems more in line with a pet less spec imo.
    Im certain we will get this eventually, just not sure how many expansions it will take.

I agree if there was another ranged physical damage class, this would be a non-issue. I also prefer the archetypal archer (pun intended) which has never really included an animal companion.

Nevertheless, I chose "I don't really care," because what my pet does is of little concern to me as long as it obeys my /petattack macros.

Just have it like the lock talent grimoire of sacrifice http://www.wowhead.com/spell=108503/...e-of-sacrifice

But have it worded different like your pet is supporting you from afar or some bullshit

You're better off creating a dedicated Archer or Gunslinger class imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Lovestar View Post
    That would be too harmful to raid groups that rely on the Hunter to bring a key buff, though. The alternative is that those guilds tell their Hunter: "You can never glyph your shiny new toy". That doesn't seem very fun either.

Overall, I think it's fair to let the buff zoo feature stay, since it's not exactly a dynamic part of your pet anyway (it just gets left on autocast and never thought about again).
    If you're reasoning behind allowing you to keep the buff is true then yes it is a dynamic part of your pet.

Making a petless hunter is far too complex for a glyph. Better idea would be a demon hunter class with an "archer" spec.

yespls

edit: instead of making it a glyph, make it a new stance / aspect as this would change so much on the character compared to what a normal glyph does.

always wanted a Coyote Stark like character (bleach anime, yeah i like him, shoot me)
    instead of lynx-rush we could have a barrage like ability wich stacked a bleed.
    mend pet: gives the hunter a 1% or 2% passive renegation when lone wolf is active
    spirit bond: increases healing taken by a set ammount?
    masters call: reduces the effect of movement imparing effects and slows

just some ideas i could come up with while not thinking to hard about it. While i doubt they will let us have something this awesome, it would still be fun!
    I like my coffe like my mages.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Why? Hunter is a pet class. The end. Why not give warriors a ranged spec? Cuz the are melee. Why not allow mages to tank and use melee attacks. Cuz they are a ranged caster. What you want is a mage, roll a mage.
    warlocks are a pet class yet they can go without a pet... your logic fails.

I would love to play a pure archer, but wow currently doesn't allow for such a thing. The best solution for this is to make marks a "petless" spec allowing the hunter to gain the "passive" pet buff but not the utility spells or the debuffs. So they cannot get things like sunder armor, or reduced casting speed (to stop PvP QQ) as well as they are marks hunters so they do not get all the huge BM buffs like stats and fort.

Its easy enough to change the talents to allow for it - Lynx rush is just converted to a serise of shots from bow/gun blink strike can simply teleport the hunter behind the target and do 600% normal damage.

Its not nearly as "hard" or out there as people make it out to be. More then half the current fights this raid tier have some issue with them regarding pets from Zor'lok randomly one shoting the pet in heroic mode for no reason, to the buff not apply to pets on Empress or heroic Stoneguards, to travel time on Will. More of the encounters work against pet users then for them.
    Last edited by Nemesis003; 2012-12-20 at 11:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Grimoire of Sacrifice, hunter edition?
    I don't see why not personally.
    On my warlock i play both with and without pet all the time

although in general i personally prefer having a pet (also a big fan of Unholy Dks)

Quote Originally Posted by Barberry View Post
    Hunters are not technically a "pet class." They are designed off of the typical class system most MMO's/RPG's offer.

Hunters represent the ranger class (scout, tracker, gunner), typically known as the archer: Not the archer with a permanent pet. Many games never designed a ranger class to include a permanent pet to begin with, although some included the ability to temporarily 'charm/tame' animals.

Games I can think of off the bat: Baldur's Gate & Champions of Norrath, Dungeons & Dragons, FF, Runescape, EQ, NWN, etc..

Many of us gamers, who enjoy playing the D&D style archetype tend to find the WoW Ranger a bit awkward in comparison to other games, so I can totally understand where the OP is coming from with this idea.
    Wrong, hunter's are a pet class, despite what you might try and wing as an explanantion. They are not an archer or else they would be called an archer. They are not a ranger or else they would be called a ranger. This is a wow hunter, they used ranged weapons in conjunction with their pets.

THE

END.

I would use this glyph 100% of the time while raiding, and 0% of the time while soloing.

Since when does the word "hunter" have the connotation of having an animal companion? Quite the opposite, actually. It's the ranger in traditional RPGs which have pets.

Would all of those uber pet lovers stop getting all butt hurt over this idea? Everyone who is asking for it, is only saying they want the option to go petless, they don't want the Hunter to be a petless class.

If they did implement this, all those who wanted to keep a pet would still be able to and those that didn't want it would be able to take advantage of the change.

Why resist a change that will only add variety to the game? I'd still keep my pet personally, but as someone else already said it might take so much work to implement this that it might be more reasonable to just introduce a new physical ranged class with no pet.

Sadly, they really need another Strength using class in the game, right now it's hunter/rogue/ferals/enhance/monks on agi, mages/locks/priests/otherdruids/MW monks/other shamans/hpally on Int, and warriors/DKs/2 pally specs on Strength.

A strength using ranged physical DPS on mail would be "ideal" in Blizzard's world, as those are the areas lacking a more well-rounded representation. It would be interesting, tbh, but I don't know that it'd work having bows/guns be in STR/AGI varieties again, especially since the goal of making a new ranged physical DPS would be to get more use out of guns/bows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you want to remove your pet? Are you that lazy?
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Wrong, hunter's are a pet class, despite what you might try and wing as an explanantion. They are not an archer or else they would be called an archer. They are not a ranger or else they would be called a ranger. This is a wow hunter, they used ranged weapons in conjunction with their pets.

THE
    END.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/class/hunter

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranger_(character_class)

Citations above:

Hunter Information

Hunters battle their foes at a distance, commanding their pets to attack while they nock their arrows and fire their guns. Though their missile weapons are extremely effective, hunters are at a disadvantage when their foes close in, and often attempt to evade or restrain enemies so that they can continue fighting from a safe distance.

Type
    Ranged Physical Damage Dealer

Standard Bars
    Health, Focus

Available Armor
    Cloth, Leather, Mail

Available Weapons
    Bows, Crossbows, Fist Weapons, Guns, One-Handed Axes, One-Handed Swords, Polearms, Staves, Two-Handed Axes, Two-Handed Swords

-------------------
    PS: It's not the end - this thread has only just begun.
    Last edited by Beebeey; 2012-12-20 at 09:52 PM.

I do like having a pet, but not in the BM aspect of having a pet. I like have a pet that is mainly used for utility, rather than needed for a dps boost. I really like how MM uses a pet in pvp, passive a lot of the time while sending it in when you need it.

I've been saying it since the beginning of Wotlk. Let survival spec be the petless spec, but give this spec the ability to dual wield pistols. Would give the hunter class as a whole a lot of variety in playstyle.