View Poll Results: Would you want this Glyph while playing your Hunter?

Voters
210. This poll is closed
  • YES! All the time! I'd never see my pet again!

32 15.24%
  • Yes, I'd enjoy this option. But I'd still use my pet sometimes.

80 38.10%
  • I really do not care. I'm just here to shoot stuff.

12 5.71%
  • No, I don't like this. But I'd do it, if it was better for a fight.

14 6.67%
  • NO! NEVER! My pet is my best friend. I hate this! I'd never use it!

35 16.67%
  • Your ideas about a computer game offend me personally, and I wish harm upon you.

9 4.29%
  • I'm a Paladin, but I saw this in Recent Posts and want to vote.

28 13.33%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ...
    The truth is some people just don't want to be a hunter at all, they actually want to be an Archer...

another truth is that pet mechanics are universally trash in MMO games so I'm sure many people don't want a pet for that reason alone

Just curious, why are so many against keeping the buff the pet would have delivered (E.q Roar of Courage) if this was introduced?

I fully support a Glyph for this, in no way should an entire spec be changed if people still like playing MM/Surv with a pet (I don't). The most challenging part for implenting a system like this would be to make the Glyph not mandatory for either spec, but I hope they can and will do it.

And sorry to say it, but Hunter is as much of a Pet class as Warlock is, both have 2 specs that easily could live without the pet (Surv/MM & Aff/Destro) and a spec that centers around pet (BM & Demo) and baseline pet abilities (Mend Pet & Health Funnel)
    Last edited by Lushious; 2013-02-08 at 04:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lushious View Post
    Just curious, why are so many against keeping the buff the pet would have delivered (E.q Roar of Courage) if this was introduced?

I fully support a Glyph for this, in no way should an entire spec be changed if people still like playing MM/Surv with a pet (I don't). The most challenging part for implenting a system like this would be to make the Glyph not mandatory for either spec, but I hope they can and will do it.

And sorry to say it, but Hunter is as much of a Pet class as Warlock is, both have 2 specs that easily could live without the pet (Surv/MM & Aff/Destro) and a spec that centers around pet (BM & Demo) and baseline pet abilities (Mend Pet & Health Funnel)
    There has to be some downside to it. Whether that is the downside, or the pet's damage is baked into the hunter but with 5% less of what the pet would be capable of, or you lose something else, whatever, but there still needs to be at least one (yes there are some inherent ones like losing Animal Bond glyph and Master's Call, but that wouldn't be enough). And losing the convenience of picking a filler raid buff seems like a pretty decent one (of the probably several that there would be).

I would be very happy to see a competitive option to go petless make it into the game. And the community opinion seems to be very steadily moving towards acceptance of the idea, once people abandon the ridiculous rigidity and close-mindedness of the "lore" arguments.

---------- Post added 2013-02-08 at 02:55 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Bryntrollian View Post
    The truth is some people just don't want to be a hunter at all, they actually want to be an Archer...
    Also this sums up my real motivations pretty much exactly. Unfortunately that class doesn't exist and would be far too similar to exist, so this is the next best thing.