Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

How does one counter a WW monk.. with no weapon?

Out of all the broken things in PvP, I hate monks and their Ring of Peace + Disarm for days bullshit. I don't/have never played Monk so as a Rogue, what does one do when vsing a good monk who just roll's disarms/pacify?/snares all day long? Ooh I know! Ill put em in a kidney to get them off- oh I attack them, im now disarmed again.. fuck it ill refresh slice n dice and match with pressu- oh pacified.. thats a thing, yeh cool. What do?

10+ Year Old Account
    Shuriken Toss, no need for a weapon.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-02 at 12:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    HAH, i knew someone would mention shuriken toss
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MiLLeR View Post
    Out of all the broken things in PvP, I hate monks and their Ring of Peace + Disarm for days bullshit. I don't/have never played Monk so as a Rogue, what does one do when vsing a good monk who just roll's disarms/pacify?/snares all day long? Ooh I know! Ill put em in a kidney to get them off- oh I attack them, im now disarmed again.. fuck it ill refresh slice n dice and match with pressu- oh pacified.. thats a thing, yeh cool. What do?
    Just hope they dont wear you down in their 8 seconds of RoP and then try to fk them up before they can RoP again after 45 seconds.
    Monks heavily counters all melees in general but classes like DK specifically. In 5.3 RoP will be buffed and all specs will get a talented trinket for
    stuns, fears and horrors. Great idea from blizzard

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Not sure if trolling or not
    Should a moderator really say things like this? Seems a little childish :/

10+ Year Old Account
    this just in, a class lacking in any sort of utility has just been given a small amount of utility, QQ has ensued
    Quote Originally Posted by Zombiebob
    I'm still waiting on someone to tell me where all these people that suddenly care about Warrior balance were during Cataclysm when they were blow up dolls with plate armor on.
    Quote Originally Posted by cutterx2202 View Post
    Stop complaining to solve your lack of ability, and start reading and practicing to gain ability. Stop trying to bring people down to your level instead of striving to raise yours.

Not sure if trolling or not, but Shuriken Toss.
    Amaizing where this game end up to be , to recive such an advice melee vs melee kill him from afar , on the other hand u;re right(Shuriken Toss is just to good). Monk got disarm ( aka ring of peace ) every 45 sec u have every min is not that big of a deal if u end up in arena vs WW combo just gouge disarm root hitm ( paralytic poison + shiv root him 4 sec) and move on to his partner , his fist of fury is a 25sec cd stun sometimes u can just predict when he will use it so just move outside his attacks range

So Miller to be fair u have almost the same tools as the monk some of them even better , your stuns for example ( assuming u're playing sub) time your offensive CDs into a 6sec kidney if possible and squize the most of it

Not sure if trolling or not, but Shuriken Toss.
    I can spec into deadly throw and pretend to be a hunter, but mobility on monks are insane and if you think you can just kite a GOOD monk then I have to wonder if YOU are trolling.

Quote Originally Posted by saltyharbls View Post
    Just hope they dont wear you down in their 8 seconds of RoP and then try to fk them up before they can RoP again after 45 seconds.
    Monks heavily counters all melees in general but classes like DK specifically. In 5.3 RoP will be buffed and all specs will get a talented trinket for
    stuns, fears and horrors. Great idea from blizzard

Yeah I dont understand it. Is there some ability that disarm's when you attack them aswell? And even if I want to out-range a monk, GG pacify. Ring of Peace alone I figured you can do your best to kite and ST + DT if spec'd for it, but again this is against GOOD monks, who wont let you kite them and even after RoP I still cop more dismantles and pacify's... what is this I dont even

Edit: To Kezuma, stunning a monk always seems like a good idea, oh wait passive infinite dodge for days after stun? And Fist of Fury, good god why am i still getting hit by that fucking ability when im like 20 yards away -_-

Its lucky there arent many good monks out there atm, but holy SHIT at the ones that are good.

Edit2: Good one Jawless, lets give a class the ability to completely counter melee. It's not like people complain about Rogues completely shutting down casters/heals at range
    Last edited by MiLLeR; 2013-04-02 at 11:46 AM.

Deleted
    "Shuriken Toss" is not a very constructive answer. It's a talent and not baseline. Not every rogue choose ST and doesn't want to be forced to choose it just because they face a monk.

OnT: If you run with paralytic poison you've got a nice Root to use every 10 seconds, and unless he's got his trinket up you can blind him to try to get a re-stealth of. Monks are a pain in the ass right now for most classes, and since they have extremely high mobility; snares and roots isn't going to stop them that easily.

Deleted
    you guys are forgetting our grapple weapon! another disarm with a 20 yrds range on it!

Deleted
    I agree.

/10char

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ascendanzy View Post
    "Shuriken Toss" is not a very constructive answer. It's a talent and not baseline. Not every rogue choose ST and doesn't want to be forced to choose it just because they face a monk.
    Sorry but if OP isn't using Shuriken Toss in PvP then there's your reason why he's having any problems to begin with. It's a brainless spammable lowcost ability that hits way too hard.

Edit: Moderater can say what he wants, he's a person aswell not a robot.

Wait, rogue is qq-ing how he can't counter someone. Karma is biatch, touch of karma is biatch :P

Quote Originally Posted by gronch View Post
    you guys are forgetting our grapple weapon! another disarm with a 20 yrds range on it!
    Ohh and a 20 yard disarm, thats just cherry lol

Use frostbolt.

User received infraction for trolling.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-02 at 12:05 PM.

Um, Ring of Peace is a talent too you know...

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the two way street.
    'Do as I say, not as I do'.

OT: There is a reason it's getting a nerf for 5.3.
    So just hold out, and even though it's still there, it's no way near as lethal.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Straamibuu View Post
    Um, Ring of Peace is a talent too you know...
    Um, i never said that it wasn't a talent...

Um, in fact i never even mentioned Ring of Peace...

Deleted
    Um, i never said that it wasn't a talent...

Um, in fact i never even mentioned Ring of Peace...
    It's the subject of the thread incase you didn't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, after all this complaints of how strong Shuriken Toss is, how OP rogues are, etc, etc, I have trouble to take some posts too serious
    The OP is just one big complain about Ring of Peace, and while I agree it's frustrating, rogues have one of the strongest abilities you can use to counter it, ST.

Also, are you guys really reporting me, to myself? I don't infract for calling someone a troll, just saying. As long as the post contains useful/constructive information, we really don't infract for just calling someone a troll.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-02 at 12:07 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuhnai123 View Post
    It's the subject of the thread incase you didn't know.
    I am aware, but my first post mentioned Shuriken Toss and wether it was chosen by every rogue or not, and it's not. Since it's a talent one can't just EXPECT people to use it. I agree it's a strong talent but some rogues will still rather take Anticipation or Marked for Death.

Why he chose to interpret that as me saying Ring of Peace was baseline, you'll have to ask him.