Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Funny Archimonde's Vengeance moment,

I run AV for Zor'lok. 3rd platform, I got MC'd, and put AV on a Warrior in our raid. This was the result:

[21:21:58.826] Melisondra Renew Killerrbull +0 (O: 13703)
    [21:21:59.390] Killerrbull Raging Blow Teye *55986*
    [21:21:59.390] Killerrbull Raging Blow Off-Hand Teye *32647*
    [21:21:59.435] Killerrbull hits Teye 10738
    [21:21:59.800] Teye Archimonde's Vengeance Killerrbull 54501 (A: 10389)
    [21:21:59.800] Teye Archimonde's Vengeance Killerrbull 37839
    [21:21:59.800] Teye Archimonde's Vengeance Killerrbull 79073
    [21:21:59.800] Teye Archimonde's Vengeance Killerrbull 16486
    [21:21:59.834] Teye Archimonde's Vengeance Killerrbull 24459
    [21:21:59.834] Teye killed Killerrbull
    [21:21:59.869] Teye Archimonde's Vengeance Killerrbull 204381 (O: 214482)
    [21:22:00.585] Killerrbull dies

As you can see, he goes from full health to dead in less than a 10th of a second.

I'm laughing so hard.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Thats why you pop your CDs before you get MCed

Quote Originally Posted by Hideous View Post
    Thats why you pop your CDs before you get MCed

Yeah, because popping AV right before you go into 2nd phase isn't a total waste or anything. -.-

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teye View Post
    I run AV for Zor'lok. 3rd platform, I got MC'd, and put AV on a Warrior in our raid. This was the result:

[21:21:58.826] Melisondra Renew Killerrbull +0 (O: 13703)
    [21:21:59.390] Killerrbull Raging Blow Teye *55986*
    [21:21:59.390] Killerrbull Raging Blow Off-Hand Teye *32647*
    [21:21:59.435] Killerrbull hits Teye 10738
    [21:21:59.800] Teye Archimonde's Vengeance Killerrbull 54501 (A: 10389)
    [21:21:59.800] Teye Archimonde's Vengeance Killerrbull 37839
    [21:21:59.800] Teye Archimonde's Vengeance Killerrbull 79073
    [21:21:59.800] Teye Archimonde's Vengeance Killerrbull 16486
    [21:21:59.834] Teye Archimonde's Vengeance Killerrbull 24459
    [21:21:59.834] Teye killed Killerrbull
    [21:21:59.869] Teye Archimonde's Vengeance Killerrbull 204381 (O: 214482)
    [21:22:00.585] Killerrbull dies

As you can see, he goes from full health to dead in less than a 10th of a second.

I'm laughing so hard.
    I'm a bit confused - why did this happen? From my experience with AV it deals, when activated, 25% of your total health back to the target. If it dealt 641 610 damage that makes your health 2 566 440 hp at that time O_o. Is it true? Or it is just a bug of some sort?

Deleted
    Wouldn't be the first bug with AV :P

Quote Originally Posted by Daggot Ur View Post
    I'm a bit confused - why did this happen? From my experience with AV it deals, when activated, 25% of your total health back to the target. If it dealt 641 610 damage that makes your health 2 566 440 hp at that time O_o. Is it true? Or it is just a bug of some sort?
    When MCed your damage and HP is increased.

Yeah, because popping AV right before you go into 2nd phase isn't a total waste or anything. -.-
    My raid always makes a point to keep everything potentially dangerous on CD during the 3rd platform and P2 with no issues. It's better to put out slightly less than optimal dps than to risk getting a raid member instagibbed due to certain class mechanics.

10+ Year Old Account
    I could never not use KJC on this boss. When I get MC'd and the boss uses the active version of the talent putting the passive on CD. I get soooooo confused why I am not channeling something during attunations.

And yeah popping shitty CD's before MC's is a good thing. Double fear bombs is a terrible thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    My raid always makes a point to keep everything potentially dangerous on CD during the 3rd platform and P2 with no issues. It's better to put out slightly less than optimal dps than to risk getting a raid member instagibbed due to certain class mechanics.
    Yay, condescension. I love when people see something they've never seen before (like AV killing someone in less than a 10th of a second) and they act like they saw it coming and they're amazing for doing so. Thank you for the common sense advice, I'll continue to use my CDs before the MC and I'm so sorry for not being as brilliant as you.

Quote Originally Posted by smegdawg View Post
    I could never not use KJC on this boss. When I get MC'd and the boss uses the active version of the talent putting the passive on CD. I get soooooo confused why I am not channeling something during attunations.

And yeah popping shitty CD's before MC's is a good thing. Double fear bombs is a terrible thing.
    I'm Demo, I don't need KJC at all. Pool 200 Fury for Attenuation movement, and spam ToC during it.

Why would you run Howl of Terror for this fight? I personally leave Tier 2 empty on this fight, for that reason exactly. I ran Mortal Coil for the healing during progression, but the tank getting horrified during exhale leads to death. Shadowfury obviously presents the same issue as Howl, so why not leave it empty? People always forget that's an option.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm Demo, I don't need KJC at all. Pool 200 Fury for Attenuation movement, and spam ToC during it.

Why would you run Howl of Terror for this fight? I personally leave Tier 2 empty on this fight, for that reason exactly. I ran Mortal Coil for the healing during progression, but the tank getting horrified during exhale leads to death. Shadowfury obviously presents the same issue as Howl, so why not leave it empty? People always forget that's an option.
    Ah yes demo.

My group has two priests in it, I usually run mortal coil and just use it on CD.

Pit Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yay, condescension. I love when people see something they've never seen before (like AV killing someone in less than a 10th of a second) and they act like they saw it coming and they're amazing for doing so. Thank you for the common sense advice, I'll continue to use my CDs before the MC and I'm so sorry for not being as brilliant as you.
    Clearly he was only responding to your snippy reply above it "Yeah, because popping AV right before you go into 2nd phase isn't a total waste or anything. -.-"
    You act as if the person telling you of the common strategy of popping CDs before MC was an idiot and then get on someone else's case for explaining to you why the strategy is employed.

Some people...
    “I have never made but one prayer to God, a very short one: ‘O Lord, make my enemies ridiculous.’ And God granted it.” -- Voltaire

"He who awaits much can expect little" -- Gabriel Garcia Marquez

lol this happened to me as well last week. I died within 3 secs after putting my dots up on our other lock.

[17:16:39.935] Kimyy Archimonde's Vengeance Bonkudo 25268
    [17:16:40.339] Kimyy Archimonde's Vengeance Bonkudo 168726
    [17:16:40.354] Kimyy Archimonde's Vengeance Bonkudo 30727 (O: 119413)

Yeah, we always blow CDs as soon as we get to the MC platform. Once I got MC'd while Dark Soul/Blood Fury were still up but I was pretty well controlled so it wasn't a big deal. But yeah, losing a bit of damage from not being able to pop AV during Force and Verve is better than a raid member getting killed.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I mortal coil on CD and run KJ'C, so I haven't run into this issue. I HAVE Cataclysm'd the raid though, twice. It's worth wiping for.

Shadowfury obviously presents the same issue as Howl, so why not leave it empty? People always forget that's an option.
    Actually, as far as I can tell, the MC-ed AI never uses Shadowfury. I'm not sure why.

I keep Shadowfury on my bar just to CC MC-ed targets.
    http://darkcontent.wordpress.com/ - blog (updated Oct. 8, 2013). Latest post: T16H Affliction Trinket Rankings in Combination, done in SimC 540-4.

Quote Originally Posted by Rustjive View Post
    Actually, as far as I can tell, the MC-ed AI never uses Shadowfury. I'm not sure why.

I keep Shadowfury on my bar just to CC MC-ed targets.
    It does cast shadowfury, but does seem rare compared to other cc's. In any case, sac pact breaks your own mc.

Deleted
    The AI can provoke some really funny events.
    One time it cast Havoc on another player just before and I didn't see it. After the MC I blew my cooldowns and threw a 600k Chaos Bolt on the boss... and my guildmate

Yeah, because you're losing sooo much damage.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    When MCed your damage and HP is increased.
    Thank you very much Cap! I asked the question because was not sure that the HP increase was so huge to yield 2.5KK health pull.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Silly question... why are you using Archimonde's Vengeance instead of Kil'jaeden's Cunning on Zor'lok? The ability to move while casting is pretty huge on that fight (as long as you're careful with your stacks during Attenuation, of course).

Best (not most interesting) MC for us, though, is our WW Monk popping Zen Meditation: he does it almost every time.