Page 2 of 35 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Jesus, this needs to be talked about more. This looks amazing, and I am getting so damn stoked for it. Mechanically it looks great, and I hope it has the same narrative and thematic resonance and depth as the first game did. I love the look of the new setting too.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

10+ Year Old Account
    Im really excited about the game but im going to wait until my friends tell me little bit about it before i cash out 60 dollars to pick up ether a good or bad game

I'm gonna pre-order this game on steam in a couple days because it looks amazing....

But honestly Bioshock 1 and it's ever present feeling of claustrophobia and they way the shadows were....Infinite will probably have less "shock", no pun intended.

Quote Originally Posted by xZANGEITIx View Post
    Im really excited about the game but im going to wait until my friends tell me little bit about it before i cash out 60 dollars to pick up ether a good or bad game
    well if you liked bioshock then there is very little reason to think those guys will screw up this game. also you can watch some of the demo videos.

If this game is even half as good as Bioshock 1 then it will most defiitely be my personal GOTY.

As for the tie-in with Rapture, don't count on it. The best we can hope for is an easter egg that references Rapture. As far as I know Columbia is supposed to be in a completely different time-line.

Definitely the most anticipated game of the year for me. You can't really beat Rapture as a gaming environment, but Columbia looks pretty awesome too. Considering how good Bioshock was, I think it's fair enough to expect Infinite to be amazing, I'm just hoping the game won't let me down :O

10+ Year Old Account
    Luckily enough for me I get this free since AMD is awesome with their Never Settle promotion.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeroyjgibbs View Post
    As far as I know Columbia is supposed to be in a completely different time-line.
    We know the two are going to be completely seperated, but the developers were apparently kind of shy about giving any direct answers to 'are Columbia and Rapture in the same universe?'.

What I like is that this game looks like it's really embracing it's setting and running with it: with the whole American theme, and being in the sky, what with the sky-rails being a part of gameplay. Bioshock was at the bottom of the ocean and everything about the levels represented this: very damp, claustrophobic and cramped, the whole place was oppressive and dark and bore down on you. By contrast, this seems to be thematically embracing the fact that it's floating in the sky, with levels being far more open, free and so on with the sky-rails.

From what we've seen, I think this has the potential to be just as eerie and disconcerting as Bioshock, if in an entirely different way. Just look at the heavy hitters: they all give me shivers in some form, as does Songbird. I like that the protagonist will actually be a character, and Elizabeth looks like she could be potentially awesome too.
    "English doesn't so much borrow words from other languages as follows them into a dark alley, hits them over the head and goes through their pockets for loose vocabulary."

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    We know the two are going to be completely seperated, but the developers were apparently kind of shy about giving any direct answers to 'are Columbia and Rapture in the same universe?'.

What I like is that this game looks like it's really embracing it's setting and running with it: with the whole American theme, and being in the sky, what with the sky-rails being a part of gameplay. Bioshock was at the bottom of the ocean and everything about the levels represented this: very damp, claustrophobic and cramped, the whole place was oppressive and dark and bore down on you. By contrast, this seems to be thematically embracing the fact that it's floating in the sky, with levels being far more open, free and so on with the sky-rails.

From what we've seen, I think this has the potential to be just as eerie and disconcerting as Bioshock, if in an entirely different way. Just look at the heavy hitters: they all give me shivers in some form, as does Songbird. I like that the protagonist will actually be a character, and Elizabeth looks like she could be potentially awesome too.

I think what they are gonna do is rather than the claustrophobic feeling of feeling water pressure pressing in on you....they are going to open it up and feel like you're "flying" and really try and hit the vertigo feeling.

Either way, the game is going to be awesome.

I dont think we'll be seeing anything about rapture in this game since Columbia was launched decades before Raptures was even conceived by Ryan, before he was born even, unless some passing comment about a rumor of them hearing of an underwater city is possibly mentioned but thats a long shot.

And since Booker is the first person to go to Columbia since they disappeared i doubt they've heard much from the outside world or even cared to look.

But we'll know for sure in 1 week 2 days and 13 hours .

Quote Originally Posted by Lamorak View Post
    I dont think we'll be seeing anything about rapture in this game since Columbia was launched decades before Raptures was even conceived by Ryan, before he was born even, unless some passing comment about a rumor of them hearing of an underwater city is possibly mentioned but thats a long shot.

And since Booker is the first person to go to Columbia since they disappeared i doubt they've heard much from the outside world or even cared to look.

But we'll know for sure in 1 week 2 days and 13 hours .
    i believe the developers have said there are some connections to bioshock as well as system shock. of course if these are serious connections or just fun references remains to be seen.

Let's put it this way....

Bioshock 1 = claustrophobia

Bioshok Infinite = vertigo

Because you know irrational is going make you feel scared of heights by the first hour.

Quote Originally Posted by Leeroyjgibbs View Post
    As for the tie-in with Rapture, don't count on it. The best we can hope for is an easter egg that references Rapture. As far as I know Columbia is supposed to be in a completely different time-line.
    Have you seen the video of the first few minutes of Bioshock Infinite?

To me that seems like a clear tie in, rather than just a reference.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mothhive View Post
    Have you seen the video of the first few minutes of Bioshock Infinite?

[video=youtube;60zmVrtIBzw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=60zmVrtIBzw[/vido]

To me that seems like a clear tie in, rather than just a reference.
    Seems more easter egg to me. A direct tie in would likely have a reference to Andrew Ryan in some way, and I sincerely doubt he had any notion of his plans for building Rapture for at least 20 more years if the wiki information is correct.

What is? I don't see what you're referring to...

10+ Year Old Account
    Excited, although it looks more like fable 3 than bioshock due to the happy sunshine rather than rapture's underwater city of evil :P

I wonder how they will keep the same thrill level as bioshock without the atmosphere >.<

Quote Originally Posted by Migey View Post
    What is? I don't see what you're referring to...
    I would guess that he is referring to that both of the games start with the player ending up at a lighthouse in the open sea? I can't remember if the lighthouse in the first Bioshock was similar, but it could be that the same lighthouse is used to travel to both Columbia and later on, Rapture.

Or it was something completely else that I missed

I wish they stayed with the underwater Rapture-theme. Sure, that place is almost destroyed, but the atmosphere it created was amazing. This looks a little bit too bright and cartoony for my tastes=(

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerevar View Post
    I wish they stayed with the underwater Rapture-theme. Sure, that place is almost destroyed, but the atmosphere it created was amazing. This looks a little bit too bright and cartoony for my tastes=(
    What more could they do with Rapture that they haven't already done though?

Quote Originally Posted by Daelos View Post
    I would guess that he is referring to that both of the games start with the player ending up at a lighthouse in the open sea? I can't remember if the lighthouse in the first Bioshock was similar, but it could be that the same lighthouse is used to travel to both Columbia and later on, Rapture.

Or it was something completely else that I missed
    It's not just a lighthouse, it's THE lighthouse. Easter eggs are little hidden references, this is more. They are shoving it in your face and making sure you see. I might be jumping to conclusions here, but having the 2 games start the same way, at the same location, seems like more than just something cool they put in for fans of the original, it hints that they are linked. I wouldn't be surprised if the story ends up directly linking to Bioshock in one way or another by the end of the game.