Page 27 of 35 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Bethesda and BioWare?! IMPOSSIBRU. Would be amazing.

By the way, I don't get how Booker is only 20 when Elizabeth is around the same. The alternate universes theory doesn't account for that as far as I can tell.
    Booker told Elizabeth that he was just shy of 40.

Quote Originally Posted by JustintimeSS View Post
    I used a variety of weapons (mainly carbine) but honestly the most OP shit in this game was Shock Jokey fully upgraded with the right perks.

It was just chain lightning kill spam.

Toward the end (when you actually get it) Undertow Pull + Shock Jockey Traps are pure win, bonus SJ damage because they're wet, and they're get double stunned. With an upgraded hand cannon even in hard mode enemies go down in 0-3 shots this way, excluding Handy Men.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mardhyn View Post
    Now this is just blatant trolling, at least before you had the credibility of maybe being stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by SourceOfInfection View Post
    Sometimes you gotta stop sniffing used schoolgirl panties and start being a fucking samurai.

10+ Year Old Account
    I was wondering how a Bioshock sequel could work now.
    Now that we see the parallels between Bioshock 1, and Infinite, what could a sequel possibly contain that's now relevant? In Infinite we took a "step back" and seen the fundamentals of the Bioshock universe (There's always a lighthouse, man, city). A sequel would have to be even more huge in story and [I]at least[/I] take the same step back that Infinite did to warrant a game... otherwise we know that all we are doing is playing in an alternate reality and it doesn't matter what we do.
    How do you guys think a sequel could work?

I don't think a sequel could work. If I understand the ending right, his death undoes everything that happened, and made it so that it will never happen again. So no crazy technology, no flying cities, just a normal man rising his daughter instead with no relevance to Bioshock anymore. He should have no reason to have people shooting at him.

And plus the timeline order of Bioshock games coming out will just be confusing. What are we, Starwars?
    Last edited by Very Tired; 2013-04-12 at 08:39 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I don't think a sequel could work. If I understand the ending right, his death undoes everything that happened, and made it so that it will never happen again. So no crazy technology, no flying cities, just a normal man rising his daughter instead with no relevance to Bioshock anymore. He should have no reason to have people shooting at him.

And plus the timeline order of Bioshock games coming out will just be confusing. What are we, Starwars?
    Maybe they'll release a DLC that allows alternate endings? Since Elizabeth can actually create new universes where things are like she wants them to be, it's reasonable to assume that at least some Elizabeth's did that and cut themselves off from the loop by moving there. Another possibility is that Lutece will come up with the technology anyway (or the twins survive and pass the knowledge to someone they think would use it better than Comstock), sponsored by someone else and we'd just have mostly new characters in the expansion but also meet the old ones who somehow still ended up in Columbia.

On another note, I just realized something. Its strange that no one has pointed that out:P If Comstock wanted to indoctrinate Elizabeth into believing hes divinity and her role in the prophesies as well as sharing hes views and ideals, why would he leave her with huge collection of books that weren't even propaganda judging from her quotes. If she had grown up only hearing how she was the chosen one who will lead her people and bring enlightenment to the filthy barbarians below, she wouldn't even have wanted to escape and would have most likely just reported Booker to Comstock at first chance as a kidnapper or the horrible false prophet like everyone else.

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 09:44 AM ----------

Bethesda and BioWare?! IMPOSSIBRU. Would be amazing..
    Only Bioware has nothing to do with Bioshock games:P I'm pretty sure it's 2k gaming that makes them.
    Last edited by mmocc089ef6a74; 2013-04-12 at 10:32 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lizbeth View Post
    Maybe they'll release a DLC that allows alternate endings? Since Elizabeth can actually create new universes where things are like she wants them to be, it's reasonable to assume that at least some Elizabeth's did that and cut themselves off from the loop by moving there. Another possibility is that Lutece will come up with the technology anyway (or the twins survive and pass the knowledge to someone they think would use it better than Comstock), sponsored by someone else and we'd just have mostly new characters in the expansion but also meet the old ones who somehow still ended up in Columbia.

On another note, I just realized something. Its strange that no one has pointed that out:P If Comstock wanted to indoctrinate Elizabeth into believing hes divinity and her role in the prophesies as well as sharing hes views and ideals, who would he leave her with huge collection of books that weren't even propaganda judging from her quotes. If she had grown up only hearing how she was the chosen one who will lead her people and bring enlightenment to the filthy barbarians below, she wouldn't even have wanted to escape and would have most likely just reported Booker to Comstock at first chance as a kidnapper or the horrible false prophet like everyone else.

---------- Post added 2013-04-12 at 09:44 AM ----------

Only Bioware has nothing to do with Bioshock games:P I'm pretty sure it's 2k gaming that makes them.
    2k is the Publisher. Irrational Games is the company that made Bioshock Infinite (they were 2k Boston I think when they made Bioshock 1, but still the same team.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamber View Post
    you must have done it a second time. It only works the first time it's done on each individual machine, assuming it's actually a machine you can buy from. I don't think this includes the very first one in the carnival.
    Heh, that's what it was then, I tried to possess a machine at the carnival.
    Putin khuliyo

A sequel can always work. That's the point of the groundwork they've laid out in Infinite. Columbia only existed in certain realities and timelines. In others, it never has or will. In other realities, Rapture exists, in others still, neither exists.

By showing the framework for what makes a Bioshock game, they're no longer constrained to the city beneath the sea or in the sky. Another Booker, in another reality, may be a detective in a city built within a volcano or on the moon. The possibilities are, infinite.

I wanted to play this game, but I have so many freaking games in Steam that I haven't yet played. Also, I tried to play Bioshock 1, but the combat turned me off completely, the story be damned. I hear the same applies to Bioshock Infinite. How does the combat compare?

How does the combat compare?
    More or less exactly the same.

Yeah the combat isn't much better, might be even worse to some people. In Bioshock 1 you have different ammo types, in Infinite you just have weapons and your vigor. Though according to a lot of people, the hard difficulty is actually challenging compared to bioshock 1.

But I think the world and story is much better than Bioshock 1. I love that game, but Infinite just does it better to me.
    Last edited by wombinator04; 2013-04-12 at 01:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Porimlys View Post
    One of my favorite moments of the game came from that barber shop quartet at the start singing “God Only Knows” by the Beach Boys. I heard it and stopped, thoroughly confused. Ain’t this game set in 1912? I started rationalizing it assuming that it was actually a really old song that the Beach Boys covered.

Later on, when I realized WHY that song was there just blew me away..
    Clear me a doubt, why was it there?

Another doubt: What did Booker's nose-bleedings mean?

And bonus question: What's the 1999 mode? I'm not home at the moment so I can't see for myself. But I'm pretty curious.

One wonderful game anyway. I can tell a game is awesome when it makes me shed a tear at some point, and I did in both my playthroughs. Looooved the ending sequences (the whole final 20-25 minutes from the destroying of the Siphon).
    Last edited by Nebthet; 2013-04-12 at 01:56 PM.
    Estás usando este software de traducción de forma incorrecta. Por favor, consulta el manual.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    I wanted to play this game, but I have so many freaking games in Steam that I haven't yet played. Also, I tried to play Bioshock 1, but the combat turned me off completely, the story be damned. I hear the same applies to Bioshock Infinite. How does the combat compare?
    I actually thought the combat, for what is essentialy an FPS, was pretty diverse, aside from the fact that there were only really like, 4 types of enemy. Those were very different tho. Large and fast bullet-sponges, slow and strong bullet-sponge, snipers, rocket-launchers (god those bastards were strong), "normal" human enemies.
    It seems a lot of people disagree with me so I wonder what other shooters have a larger variety of ... shooting at things? You have different "magical" skills that use up mana like in an RPG. You can upgrade both your mana-pool (slowly), as well as those skills, upping their usability exponentially. You can combine their use with each other and with your weapons, which you can also upgrade for more damage, faster reload, etc. I usually used an upgrade Shock-Jockey plasmid that stuns enemies and makes them easier to kill with headshots of my trusty Pistol or Carbine, the first upped for a lot of ammo because it's really fast and precise and even on Hard took only 1-3 headshots to kill normal enemies.
    You have to *want* to use them and experiment witih them to find out which ones you like. It's easy to ignore them, or use only their basic functions, but you'll lose out on a lot of fun, I believe. Like Return to Sender, which is sucks up enemy bullets and lets you *thow* them all back. I loved it!

I do believe that I mostly played it for the story, like most people did, which was especially well-presented. But aside from finding the combat quite hard (I'd made it a rule to restart from checkpoint if I hadn't had a particularly long fight) and challenging, tho I've got a bad aim I guess.

You can only carry 2 weapons and once, BUT: You will still collect ALL ammo you find, so what I did about 50% into the game was just pick up all the ammo and then whenever I had emptied one weapon fully just picked up whatever the game provided me (many), and for which I had (almost) full ammo and that I also liked to use. That way I got to use most guns at some point. Mostly used Carbine, Pistol, RPG (Rocket launcher), shotgun and that Gatling Gun thingie the Patriots have.

Many levels, I say about 30% are large and open areas that allow you to use skyhooks, (I wish there were more) that you can slide along and attack from the air, jump on enemies etc. I mostly used them to GTF away shortly before I died, then sky-hook-enemies from above when my shield had recharged

They integrated a HALO-like shield that recharges after a while, so cover is of more use than I remember it in BS:1.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post

Another doubt: What did Booker's nose-bleedings mean?

And bonus question: What's the 1999 mode? I'm not home at the moment so I can't see for myself. But I'm pretty curious.

One wonderful game anyway. I can tell a game is awesome when it makes me shed a tear at some point, and I did in both my playthroughs. Looooved the ending sequences (the whole final 20-25 minutes from the destroying of the Siphon).
    Read through the thread, your doubts are answered. 1999 mode is just an extra-hard difficulty level.
    What do you think you know and how do you think you know it?

Are you conscious in the sense of being aware of your own awareness?

Quote Originally Posted by Nebthet View Post
    Fink found tears that allowed him to peer into the future and let him steal technology and ideas and claim them as his own. In a ruined house near the cemetery, you find Fink's brother's house, a tear to the 80's where Cindy Lauper's "Girls just Wanna Have Fun" is playing, and a recording that indicates Fink was allowing his brother to essentially steal songs and release them as his own creations in order to become Columbia's greatest composer.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Booker told Elizabeth that he was just shy of 40.
    His birth certificate on the loading screen says otherwise. It says 1892 and the game takes place in 1912.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

His birth certificate on the loading screen says otherwise. It says 1892 and the game takes place in 1912.
    It's not a birth certificate. The Battle of Wounded Knee took place in 1890.

The loading screen you're thinking of is a certificate that shows he is a detective and it was issued in 1892. The same document has his actual date of birth on it though, and it's 04/19/1874.

Linky

So how does the city survive after the Vox attacks it? It seems like they are unstoppable and all the residents of the city have to evacuate. Yet when Songbird takes Elizabeth back, many months pass in Comstock House and it doesn't seem like the Vox never bothered them, they even have city back to attack New York in the future.

So how does the city survive after the Vox attacks it? It seems like they are unstoppable and all the residents of the city have to evacuate. Yet when Songbird takes Elizabeth back, many months pass in Comstock House and it doesn't seem like the Vox never bothered them, they even have city back to attack New York in the future.
    During the segment described, Booker's dragged into a far flung and distant future by a future Anna. When you return, it's not much after the time they took her away from you. After they 'turn' Anna, she would/does become a weapon; she's focused, brainwashed and completely destructive. I'd suggest she could've removed the Vox from Columbia with little more than a whim: The way she gets rid of the remaining guards when released from the machine. When you return to the current/previous Comstock House, it's no longer snowing or any such, the weather's still in tune with when you were taken away. It's more likely been days, or a week. It's kind of hard to judge exactly how long has passed though.