Page 34 of 35 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i got bored of ir very quickly.

id say no.
    Hi

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's worth it; the story was great and I thoroughly enjoyed the game. Then again, I don't play all that many FPS games, so the "not as fluid combat as some other shooters" complaint didn't mean much to me.

Deleted
    I...i feel like i have seen this thread before...

I started it thinking it was supposed to suck. I've been pleasantly surprised. Very good game overall.

I got it for "free" with my new computer though so I don't know. For me it's worth 60€ but I have no money problems.

So without spoiling, is the story really worth how much I am anticipating for it? I have literally avoided everything related to the game to avoid any, and every spoiler for the moment.
    "The Naxxramas Warrior. Eternal slayer of the Orcs."

10+ Year Old Account
    Well when you take into account most people here bitch and moan about D3 not being worth it even though they put 50+ hours into the game it really makes you wonder what's people's idea of worth it these days.

Deleted
    If you are into games where logic goes to die, sure. I sort of liked it still. It didn't have any replay value for me.
    Last edited by mmoc0f233d9eb1; 2013-05-24 at 03:58 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by yuca247 View Post
    Well when you take into account most people here bitch and moan about D3 not being worth it even though they put 50+ hours into the game it really makes you wonder what's people's idea of worth it these days.
    The time to reach max level and farm a bit, 50+ hours is about right.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    So without spoiling, is the story really worth how much I am anticipating for it? I have literally avoided everything related to the game to avoid any, and every spoiler for the moment.
    The story is one of the most compelling and well written of any modern game. The characters are truly developed and explored in depth. Even "extra" voice logs are worth looking for, just for giving you insight into various characters. Never have voice files appealed to me in other games, this one I hunted them all down.

15+ Year Old Account
    I've rented it through Love Film and I'm possibly 15 hours in. I'm finding it all a bit meh. If you compare it to the first game, then it really seems pretty lackluster.

Perhaps when I finish the game I'll "get" the story, but right now the story just seems to be everywhere in comparison to the first game. The first game at least had a story that made sense until the big reveal at the end, but I really don't get where Infinite is going.
    Plus the Handy-men just look cartoonish when you compare them to a Big Daddy. Yeah, a Big Daddy isn't "realistic" but a thumb for a head sticking out of a metal body just looks odd.
    I dunno I suppose it's different that you're seeing the collapse of one of these utopia's first hand, but Infinite doesn't give the same vibe as Bioshock 1.

Don't get me wrong, I'm enjoying the game, but I'm glad I didn't buy it.

Story is good imo. But would you pay $60 to read a book, or watch a movie?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    The combat is betteer (imo) than bioshock 1+2. For me i was happy with it. Could be better though ofcourse, but still it's not as bad as a lot of poorly ported games that come out still.
    What? The combat was crap compared to 1-2, the limited weaponry (and sucky weapons) and the general clunkieness of it - no, the combat was terrible, and there were way too many fights.

Bioshock Infinite is great, but eh, could've been so much better.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Depends: if you think $60 is a worth while cost for an excellent, single play through game of about 20-30 hours, then yes.
    this. it was freaking awesome once through. second play was pointless
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

It's a fucking awesome game. One of the best I played and I'm not a huge FPS fan(except for Borderlands ). But at this point I'd wait for a price drop or sale.
    Quote Originally Posted by Standsinfire View Post
    Me: whyumad* fixed. Seriously though, it's only because they rapin' eveerbody in here and I don't want you to be snatched out yo' windows.
    Quote Originally Posted by noepeen View Post
    If that were my dog, I'd Hulk Smash the fuck out of that raccoon.
    Or I'd shit my pants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tinykong View Post
    Depends: if you think $60 is a worth while cost for an excellent, single play through game of about 20-30 hours, then yes.
    You must have gotten lost at some point for ... a long time.

That said, Bioshock Infinite is worth the cost of purchase, unless the cost of purchase is something that makes you uncomfortable. Don't cripple or put yourself in a bad spot for a hobby.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

Deleted
    I found it for the equivalent of $40 on gamesplanet.com if you're tight for money

http://uk.gamesplanet.com/buy-downlo...e-3605-38.html

NOT SURE IF ITS ACCESSIBLE FOR US RESIDENTS THOUGH.

Good game. What an FPS should be

Quote Originally Posted by Anjerith View Post
    You must have gotten lost at some point for ... a long time.
    Did you play through the game from beginning to end only completing the objectives required? If so, you probably beat it quickly.

I collected everything, upgraded everything, and completed every achievement. Most people who go that route finish it in 20-30 hours, depending on difficulty/skill.

Deleted
    Just a straight answer
    Just buy another Lego set, you'd like them more i guess.

15+ Year Old Account
    Nope, pretty sure 60 is the price tag you will see at places that always charge you 60 dollars for games no matter how old. Normal price is 40 and under. I'd justify it for that much, but if you've played other bioshocks, wait for 20 dollars and under, because it's the same gameplay, just a new map and a few new guns.

Deleted
    Hmm, this game costs less than 10USD for steam key on allegro.pl (Polish auction service)...