Cross Realm Zones and General PVP Servers

Hey,

With Cross Realm Zones is anyone else having huge issues with Achievements now? Specifically ones that have a timer to deal with. I think the books in Dalaran are on a timer, and then also the rarespawns in Northrend. I need 2 more and it seems silly that I have 0.01% chance of getting them. I am just curious what the blues are saying in response to this?

I read the PVP thing about 90's ganking and I do think it is insane. Blues response was very poor too. He admitted that for an extremely long time it didn't matter if you played on PVP/PVE, so why choose. Well now that you made it so it did matter, maybe people would like to transfer of a PVP realm, open up free transfers for players on PVP so they can get off a PVP server if they want?

All I know is leveling is worse then it has ever been, yes I have played since vanilla, I didn't get ganked half as much as I do now.
    Achievments are impossible to get now with rare spawns and NPC scan going off it is impossible for me to get my last 2 mobs for my achievment, anyway what are other opinions on Cross Realm? I say either merge low pop realms or just keep the realms separate...

Well sure. All Blizzard gives us is excuses:

1. "We designed the zones to be full." Sure, before you added resilience. Now people who PVP all day have the gear to smash anybody who doesn't. It's only fun for the sociopaths.

2. "You signed up for this when you rolled on a PVP server." See #1

3. "It warms the cockles of my black little heart" - some blue jerk. See #1

I'm not saying it's not fun. I'm saying it's only fun when you're winning. Losing is not fun, and this change causes losing to occur much more often than it used to.

All you winners out there can gnash your teeth and tell us losers to STFU and stop posting about it, but it's not going to change anything - I don't like being ganked, and I get ganked way more now than I used to. Therefore, I don't like CRZ - and I never will. I stopped playing my monk at level 15, because of CRZ. I stopped working on pet battles, because of CRZ. CRZ has had a real, actual impact for me - I play the game less.

Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post
    I'm not saying it's not fun. I'm saying it's only fun when you're winning. Losing is not fun, and this change causes losing to occur much more often than it used to.

All you winners out there can gnash your teeth and tell us losers to STFU and stop posting about it, but it's not going to change anything - I don't like being ganked, and I get ganked way more now than I used to. Therefore, I don't like CRZ - and I never will. I stopped playing my monk at level 15, because of CRZ. I stopped working on pet battles, because of CRZ. CRZ has had a real, actual impact for me - I play the game less.
    Why on earth did you roll on a PVP server then? Dont moan about it if you get burnt in the fire if it was your choice to sit in the fire in the first place ....

CRZ is the next step in cross server play. After CR BG'S. After CR Dungeons.

Blizzard is just rolling out this new technology and will continue to do so.

Next step in line will be CR trading and CR Guild play.

Logical steps.

10+ Year Old Account
    This thread has some different questions than other threads we've had here so I'm leaving it open but since PvP servers and CRZ are a big hot button point of contention, I'm just going to preemptively remind you all to keep the conversation civil, please.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by markdall View Post

Well CRZ is pretty amazing, why people hate full active low level zones, but they do not hate dead zones with nobody in it, sorry but i dont call that fun as a MMORPG.

And this is the new future and like other person said, this is the future and this is a big impact for MMO Games, having different servers acces without loading screen, thats huge.

It's annoying to get ganked, but part of WPvP even if you dont think so, it is.
    And PvP is finaly back at alot of ereas, i love it.
    And i'm a pve player, but i love wpvp in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Butterball View Post
    Why on earth did you roll on a PVP server then? Dont moan about it if you get burnt in the fire if it was your choice to sit in the fire in the first place ....
    "See #1": Sure, [b]I rolled on a PVP server[/I] before you added resilience. Now people who PVP all day have the gear to smash anybody who doesn't. It's only fun for the sociopaths.

Remove resilience from the game and suddenly I won't have an argument for rolling on a PVP server on day #1 of the game's release.

I dont see why blizzard doesn't put you in CRZ with players of the same level +/- 5 levels... That way You can still "PvP" in the world, unless you consider ganking lvl 20s pvp..

Quote Originally Posted by Thornlix View Post
    Well CRZ is pretty amazing, why people hate full active low level zones, but they do not hate dead zones with nobody in it, sorry but i dont call that fun as a MMORPG.

And this is the new future and like other person said, this is the future and this is a big impact for MMO Games, having different servers acces without loading screen, thats huge.

It's annoying to get ganked, but part of WPvP even if you dont think so, it is.
    And PvP is finaly back at alot of ereas, i love it.
    And i'm a pve player, but i love wpvp in general.
    I totally think ganking is part of "WPVP" as you call it. The MMORPG I played before WoW was Asheron's Call and on the server I played on, anybody not in your allegiance (guild) was red to you and you to them, all the time. The difference was that players who ran around killing other players all day long didn't earn currency that allowed them to buy gear in order to be more powerful at killing other players.

If Blizzard wouldn't charge me money for each character transfer, and if I wasn't in a raiding guild, I'd transfer to a full population PVE server in a heartbeat. I'd do it so fast and so hard I might sprain my mouse hand.

Look, I'm not saying it's bad for you, or that you should hate it, or that everybody should hate it. I'm saying I hate it, I will not stop hating it, and you can't stop me from hating it. I'm saying that yes, I rolled on a PVP server but two things have happened since then: They significantly changed the way PVP works, and I've grown eight years older. Spending an extra ten minutes to do the Winterfaire greench daily is no longer worth it to me. I once spent 45 minutes, not even kidding, running to the entrance to BRD so we could run it. A horde guild had finished running MC and all 40 of them had lined up along the chain and the entire rest of the area to kill anybody they could. It was a corpse drag fest, combined with running back from that far away graveyard. This was in vanilla. Today, I'd chat with my wife or kids, play with my dogs, read a book, or watch Netflix instead.

---------- Post added 2012-12-19 at 02:39 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Nephlim View Post
    I dont see why blizzard doesn't put you in CRZ with players of the same level +/- 5 levels... That way You can still "PvP" in the world, unless you consider ganking lvl 20s pvp..
    Because they like it. This is how they designed the game to be.

I wonder if they update the info what the difference between pvp servers and pve servers. So far, it gives a vague 'you can be attacked or attack anyone at anytime.' If they update that to what pvp servers really are "9 times out of 10 any pvp you encounter will be gankings. Ganking is when one player has a sever advantage over the other player, so plan on level 90s visiting your town and wiping everyone out with one aoe fart."

I am fine with most of the stuff, but I think they could improve it greatly.

1-Make it so levels count, a level 90 shouldn't be able to camp in a level 20 zone killing them all day long. I know people say don't roll on a pvp server, but when I started playing this was a non issue. I asked my level 60 friends if it mattered what you joined, they said they are pretty much the same thing.

2-If you are going to have cross realms, you have to increase the rate at which stuff spawns. Rare spawns are now impossible to get because you have 50 people in each zone trying to kill them 24 hours a day. Rare spawns now live for about 2 seconds before they are killed.

3-Make more guards or make them higher levels. It is very frustrating when in town and you can't complete a quest because you have a raid of 90's wiping STV camp grounds.

Just suggestions, it really does make me play the game less now, I have been working on the northrend rare spawn achievment for quite some time, I have 2 mobs to kill, Probably won't ever finish it though.