Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Maybe I'm nuts... but I love the huge amount of buttons we have. :(

So after largely ignoring my hunter in Wrath due to the 'into the ground' BM nerfs, and relegating her to barely-played alt in Cataclysm, I have finally and fully re-embraced my shooter of guns and bows in Mists. Gone is the 'lol3buttons' BM spec that I knew in BC... it is now an active system with a huge selection of spells, talents and abilities/cooldowns. I go through at least... 18-20 buttons in a given boss fight. I've had to create new hotkeys, new modifier key combinations, and in general move my hands in ways my hunter has never, ever required.

And I freaking love it.

For those unfamiliar with my (older) posts, I am a huge fan of the protection warrior gameplay, because it has A: a ton of buttons, B: a highly active playstyle with a bunch of procs and abilities to manage, and C: a general sense of just beating the crap out of whatever she's tanking.

While the 3rd doesn't much apply to hunters, the first and second very much do. There are so many abilities and cooldowns to track, a general rotation that finally has some depth, and just a ton of utility in general. While, yes, it did border on overwhelming the first few days of being level 90, I did some research here and spent just a ton of time on training dummies - it finally clicked, and to a degree that I've been able to help several other BM hunters drastically improve their damage.

I know that different strokes are for different folks, and the talk about having so many buttons = less damage per button, but I am utterly in love with the hunter playstyle that Mists has given us. I didn't think anything could break me of my addiction to warrior tanking, but lo and behold... my hunter has. I am genuinely excited not only for WoW again (almost quit, twice, in Cataclysm) but to play my hunter, which I haven't been since BC.

So yeah, it would actually sadden me to see the playstyle simplified any. I know its certainly not for everyone (and I absolutely see why, holy full spellbars Batman) but it is absolutely for me.

I don't hate or love it... but I do know that DPSing as a hunter before was just stupid easy... now it takes more effort.

That's fine and all, but I'm still out of keybinds for PvP, and having to use most of my macro slots just to keep things at my fingertips still sucks.
    Nothing ever bothers Juular.

Deleted
    I love my hunter, but i hate that it feels like i'm playing a piano when playing it. But i still have fun.

I honestly don't mind the extra buttons.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Deleted
    I almost stopped playing because of the crappy (imo) hunter gameplay. But I know some people like it, so it probably won't change.

You're not nuts. I completely agree. I don't like it when there's so little I can't make mistakes. AND, this way it's much harder for hunters to make some lame one-button macro. Hate it when people can do that.

Deleted
    the amount of buttons on hunter doesn't really bother me, to me it seems about right as it keeps you doing something all the time.

I love the amount of keybinds I have as BM (PvE). It actually makes me feel skillful when I do it all right.

10+ Year Old Account
    Granted PVE doesn't have as much as PVP, I don't mind it for PVE. I'd prefer to have lots of buttons to press, just once it's not whack a mole styled.

When I do the occasional PVP though, I feel like I have way too much buttons.

Deleted
    You're nuts. A lot of buttons may be no problem for PVE purposes as you get used to it eventually. But in pvp your class will suffer, especially when fighting a class which doesn't need that many buttons and thus has more attention to spend on situation awareness and tactical thought.

The only problem with hunters is readiness. it fucks up everything

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    The only problem with hunters is readiness. it fucks up everything
    I wholeheartedly agree. It seemed cool at first, that we'd all get readiness. It's a powerful tool after all. The problem is that since it's baseline, we have to be balanced around it, making not that powerful in actuality. Things got more complicated without really getting much extra utility in the process. It would have better served as a talent, but I'd actually prefer it get removed entirely.
    - The Hunter's Creed -
    "This is my pet. There are many others like him, but this one is mine. He is my best friend. He is my life. I must master him as I master my life.
    My pet, without me, is useless. Without my pet, I am useless."

nuts, i hate it!
    i'd rather see like 5 spells, each doing 10k damage (just random number), than 10 spells each doing 5k damage.
    it's retarded where hunters are now, nothing hits hard

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't really mind alot of buttons,but in pvp its a nightmare,you NEED a mouse with more then 3 buttons to be able to play at a competative level,in pve its a bit better...

for PvEs sake, I also love it. it's just more challenging => more fun
    but it's not that challenging to the point where it gets anoying/frustrating. it's fun atm
    I must admit though, I'm happy I don't pvp anymore (havent done soe seriously since wotlk on any char) because in PvP, you're arsenal is like nearly doubled. all the utility/situational spells... in PvP it probably is to much. luckily I have a naga nad have absolutly every UI button clickable via keybind :-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tokas View Post
    nuts, i hate it!
    i'd rather see like 5 spells, each doing 10k damage (just random number), than 10 spells each doing 5k damage.
    it's retarded where hunters are now, nothing hits hard
    Kill Command and several other hunter spells hit like angry bears. I had a KC crit on Elegon last night fall just shy of 400k (and yes I know, damage buff on him, but that's still a huge hit regardless).

Some of you mentioned it being fine for PvE, not so much for PvP. I don't PvP so I guess that's why I haven't felt that pain. Mind you, I will occasionally nuke a flagged horde player if I come across one, but I usually just treat them like a raid boss and unload everything until they die. XD

Havent played my hunter since MoP started how many more buttons do we have now?

I don't mind the buttons, but the amount of buttons we need to press should translate to more DPS.
    <Guiles Theme Song> @ Mal'Ganis-US Horde 20-man 10/10M 8/10M, currently recruiting all
    Stream: http://www.twitch.tv/timoseewho

Quote Originally Posted by AkTheDK View Post
    Havent played my hunter since MoP started how many more buttons do we have now?
    depends on talent choices, but if you care about damage, then 3 more

---------- Post added 2012-12-11 at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by timoseewho View Post
    I don't mind the buttons, but the amount of buttons we need to press should translate to more DPS.
    which is reverse somehow by blizzards logic