Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FeenixUnity View Post
    No.

Because Dailies of Pandaria.
    Here you go:
    http://www.darklegacycomics.com/1008...mFEii3U7x0.jpg

It's more of the same if that's what you're looking for.

Quote Originally Posted by Galbrei View Post
    Lorewise I like it and I'm surprised I do. I don't care about the whole Asian theme but I think Blizzard manage to deliver it brilliantly without too much Narutardism. Things like the terracota Mogu actually made me do some research on Chinese culture and it's all way more interesting then I had thought! The lore has also given a lot of life to non-panda stuff. The conflict between factions is hotter than ever and we've been seen a lot from characters like Vol'jin, Jaina, Garrosh, Anduin and many others that had been just standing there doing nothing until now.

If you like raiding it's also pretty cool, the raids are nice and there are 16 bosses to kill. It's a good change from Firelands with 6 or DS with 8. Some of the mechanics are pretty interesting and the placing is nice. Not as good as T11, but that one was my favorite tier so I'm biased.

PvP is kinda meh. Things aren't very well balanced and it looks like everything is down to who manages to do the biggest burst first. I don't do much PvPing though, so I might be wrong here and Blizzard has been nerfing some "bursty" things so we'll see how that goes.

If you like going out in the world there are a lot of quests to do, some would say too many quests, but they aren't as mandatory as people make them seem. It's certainly not as alt friendly as Cata was, but Blizzard has been trying to fix that with some changes they've already made and some they've just announced. World PvP is also back! If you don't like it I suggest heading to a PvE server if you come back, but if you do you'll have a blast!

Anyway, these are just some personal opinions and subjective as all hell. You won't be able to have a very accurate idea unless you play yourself and you've just come to QQ central so expect lots of people saying they hate it.
    This guy sums it up really well.

As far as dailies go, with the introduction of the new faction (Dominance Offensive and Operation: Shieldwall) you really only need to do those dailies for a long time as the gear they give from valor is higher ilvl than any other faction, making the daily grind much smaller.

Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The community hasn't really changed in the past 3½ years I've been playing. There has always been extremes on both sides of the spectrum. The subjects of contest changes though.
    You mean they've always given you shit for the moderate criticisms you may have? Yea I guess so.

The world is great. The rest is pretty bad.
    There are good people in every corner of the planet. Unfortunately, the Earth is round.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TonyIommi View Post
    It would be excellent but for the shitty time to reward ratio and emphasis on daily questing bullshit. Of course your gonna hear their optional and they totally are. About as optional as running heroic dungeons was in Cata. They are optional if you want to go nowhere in the game.
    You can gear up for LFR without doing one daily. So you can do all of the 3,5,10, and 25 instances without ever having done one daily quest. If that is nowhere in the game then perhaps this just isn't the game for you.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    You can gear up for LFR without doing one daily. So you can do all of the 3,5,10, and 25 instances without ever having done one daily quest. If that is nowhere in the game then perhaps this just isn't the game for you.
    I tried that. IN a month I got nothing out of lfr other than valor which at the time I couldn't spend without doing dailies. The game isn't for people who want to get anywhere without being subject to ridiculous frustration.

the questing was fun...until you had to move on from jade forrest. the rest of the zones feel awkward clunky and the stories are a total bore. end game so far seems incredibly grindy. the dungeons are easy mode and scenarios arent all that great. but the theme of MoP is great.

I tried that. IN a month I got nothing out of lfr other than valor which at the time I couldn't spend without doing dailies. The game isn't for people who want to get anywhere without being subject to ridiculous frustration.
    If you spent 1/8 of the time doing dailies in game as you do complaining about the dailies on the forums, you would already be exalted with all the daily factions and not have to complain about them any more so I wouldn't have to read your comments in every thread about how much you hate dailies.

No, it isn't any good. I played a 10day trial of it, quit again after seeing the crappy panda starting zone and how dumb monks are, and then how terrible the first 85-90 zone is on my main.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd give it a solid 8/10.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

Deleted
    It depends.

If you like to do quests, pet battles, and frankly anything else than PVE or PVP. You probably like it.

PVE and PVP is both so broken now, that it's unreal.

Other thing is that if you don't want your game to feel like a job. Then don't bother. New dailies and way you progress with your char are purely related on time you can waste everyday. No time = no progress.

Quote Originally Posted by iceberg265 View Post
    No, it isn't any good. I played a 10day trial of it, quit again after seeing the crappy panda starting zone and how dumb monks are, and then how terrible the first 85-90 zone is on my main.
    Judging a 3-role class on the first 10-20 levels is so awesome!

Besides the insane daily quests grind (which would have been worked around by 5.2 hopefully) and some balance needed in pvp, this is maybe the best expansion in terms of things you are able to do...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Judging a 3-role class on the first 10-20 levels is so awesome!
    Just ignore his drivel. He's an anti-WoW fanboy, I mean look at his sig.
    PEPE SILVA, PEPE SILVA

15+ Year Old Account
    What were you saying about straw mans and extreme arguments? You can do non lfr raiding and go a month without getting gear. You could go a whole month without getting drops by doing Dragon Soul as well. You can easily go anywhere in MoP without frustration. You just can't have everything now and served to you on a silver platter. Apparently to you there is only have and don't have.

Which still does nothing to change the fact that dailies aren't required for gearing up your character. World Bosses, Crafting, Rares, Archaeology, Scenarios, Dailies, PvP, Lost and Found and are methods to gear up your character for raiding. Even if you could spend Valor on gear you would still be grinding out and getting no drops in LFR.
    "Man is his own star. His acts are his angels, good or ill, While his fatal shadows walk silently beside him."-Rhyme of the Primeval Paradine AFC 54
    You know a community is bad when moderators lock a thread because "...this isnt the place to talk about it either seeing as it will get trolled..."

Deleted
    You mean they've always given you shit for the moderate criticisms you may have? Yea I guess so.
    Moderate criticisms that you raise over and over again in what feels like any thread to do with WoW? Followed by ignoring anyone that says it's optional or by responding with some approximation of "NA-UH!"

I have 2 Rep pieces, a neck and a ring both of which only required honoured. I got Klaxxi without doing a single daily for them, can't recall how long golden lotus took.
    Last edited by mmoca9562f3cee; 2012-12-20 at 12:34 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gifu View Post
    New dailies and way you progress with your char are purely related on time you can waste everyday. No time = no progress.
    I know the topic has been beaten to death, but can you clarify what you mean by this?

If you mean content progress, you do not need to do dailies to do scenarios, dungeons, heroics, challenge modes, LFR or real raiding. You can progress through the content just fine without them.

If you mean progress as in gear upgrades, and I assume this is more what you meant, then you can do LFR and real raiding for gear. Any of the "progress" from dailies is going to be irrelevant in the next tier anyway, so you certainly don't need dailies to progress there.

I'm not unrealistic about the value of dailies -- they certainly are useful for filling in gear holes with VP, and for gearing up faster -- but I can't imagine on any level where you cannot progress at all without dailies.

Although I'll certainly agree you need to invest time to progress, which is pretty true no matter what route you take. It's kinda hard to get anywhere in the game, dailies or not, if you don't have time to play it. Time investment has always had a strong correlation to content and gear progression in WoW (and really any MMO) and has since the game's launch.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    And after three pages of this, OP, do you really know anymore? It's WoW. Somethings are different, a few are new but the heart of the game is the same. Level. Gear for PVE or PVP and either heroic and LFR/raid or run BGs/RBGs/Arena. Alternatively decide to only do one of the non-gear dependent activities like pet battles, playing the AH, etc. Or level another alt.

At this point if you've played WOW, you know the game. IF you like the game for the most part, Pandaria is a good xpac. If you don't like WoW anymore, well, it's WoW. If you have to have things your way or it's crap, you probably won't get that - it's unlikely the game design is perfect for any one person.

Quote Originally Posted by rhorle View Post
    What were you saying about straw mans and extreme arguments? You can do non lfr raiding and go a month without getting gear. You could go a whole month without getting drops by doing Dragon Soul as well. You can easily go anywhere in MoP without frustration. You just can't have everything now and served to you on a silver platter. Apparently to you there is only have and don't have.

Which still does nothing to change the fact that dailies aren't required for gearing up your character. World Bosses, Crafting, Rares, Archaeology, Scenarios, Dailies, PvP, Lost and Found and are methods to gear up your character for raiding. Even if you could spend Valor on gear you would still be grinding out and getting no drops in LFR.
    The difference was that in Dragon Soul I could buy valor gear WITHOUT DOING A SINGLE DAILY. Needless double gating of the valor gear is one of the many shitty features of this current incarnation of this game. World Bosses didn't grant me gear either, again RNG. I made the craftable gear I could in the first week. Archaeology is almost as bad a grind as dailies. SCenarios don't grant me shit after 463 (or didn't). PvP grind is also really bad especially after they killed premades. Stringing losses together to buy a piece of honor gear is hardly my idea of a good time.

If I did lfr and was able to spend the valor I got from LFR then LFR wouldn't seem like such a shitty overall experience. In fact if ANY ACTIVITY in this game could reward me at a decent rate and wasn;t such a horrid fucking grind I may have stuck around. As it was everything was just a grind and didn't reward me enough for the time I invested. Unsubbed.

---------- Post added 2012-12-20 at 12:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Reganom View Post
    Moderate criticisms that you raise over and over again in what feels like any thread to do with WoW? Followed by ignoring anyone that says it's optional or by responding with some approximation of "NA-UH!"

I have 2 Rep pieces, a neck and a ring both of which only required honoured. I got Klaxxi without doing a single daily for them, can't recall how long golden lotus took.
    That is of course assuming you quested in Dread Wastes not an assumption that is wide spread. For instance I hit 90 in an instance. My friend hit 90 in townlong. I don't ignore people saying it's optional, I simple disagree that's a worthy response. Everything is optional, including paying my sub. So what? Is that an interesting choice to you? Do it or don't and suck it up without the fucking reward? Does that make dailies and grinding out rep interesting to you? When optional content is to rewarding it ceases to be come optional and is simple the way most players play the game. That is a direct quote from Ghostcrawler himself. Is lfr optional? What about raiding 10 and 25 back in wotlk? or running hard heroics in cata? Those were all optional and yet hard heroics had to HAD to be nerfed this expansion because it was to difficulty and people felt forced into doing them. Same thing with 10/25 lock outs. Or gold farming in older raids? That was OPTIONAL to and yet it was nerfed and the justification was EXACTLY what ghostcrawler said. Or Blingtron? They nerfed Blingtron because in Ghostcralwers own words, It felt to much like a job? Well how exactly? It's optional right. Blingtron is arguably the most optional thing in the universe. How does that make it a job?
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2012-12-20 at 12:43 AM.