Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nos View Post
    Fake, but plausible! There are legit videos of golden eagles grabbing up much larger prey.
    First thing I thought of was the large bird vs. mt. goat (kid/young) video in ADULT SWIM's "OFF THE AIR" program, on the 'ANIMALS' episode.

Starts @ approx. 00:30 ~ poor lil mountain goat! :*(
    Not sure if it's a Golden Eagle or even an eagle, but seems about the same size approximately.

And yeah...Off The Air is a bit of a mind blowing, psychedelic trip, sans any drugs! I am a lifelong night-person, often bordering on insomnia & end up watching a LOT of Adult Swim along with many other interesting things late late at night.

OT; the film student(s) did an excellent job on their "Hoax the Internet" class. A+
    Last edited by sugarlily; 2012-12-19 at 11:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Celticmoon View Post
    While living in AK, I saw my neighbors pomeranian snatched up by a Bald Eagle. She was hysterical. I tried to comfort her, but on the inside I was laughing. I hated that damn yappy asshole.
    This is actually a real problem here in So Cal. Birds will snatch little dogs and cats...never mind the coyotes. I was fostering a little chihuahua for about a month before he found a home and I was so nervous about this. I have a big yard and at night even though I never let him out unsupervised if an owl had snatched him up I wouldn't have been able to do a thing. Although I did have my pit bulls out with him so he was somewhat safe, I guess.

And I know the video is fake but I wonder if anything like this has ever actually happened for real??

15+ Year Old Account
    Wow.. that's pretty nuts.. at first I was thinking it might be fake..

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzzie View Post
    Wow.. that's pretty nuts.. at first I was thinking it might be fake..
    Both the child and the eagle are CGI. If you slow it down, you notice the child continues to you move upwards for a little while after he is released.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bergtau View Post
    Both the child and the eagle are CGI. If you slow it down, you notice the child continues to you move upwards for a little while after he is released.
    Oh, now it says hoax. Fucking internet spoiling my fun..

Herald of the Titans Ron Burgundy's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    maybe the eagle thought the kid was frodo
    Milk was a bad choice.

2013 MMO-Champion User of the Year (2nd runner up)

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    maybe the eagle thought the kid was frodo
    Well played sir.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Discobeard View Post
    http://www.wjrr.com/pages/lynch.html?article=10650519

That is just crazy; I can't imagine if I was that parent in that moment.
    The problem isn't that an eagle wouldn't be able to eat a baby. The problem is that it could never FLY away with it. So yeah, very fake.

10+ Year Old Account
    Impressive fake. Had me believing it.

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one.

Quote Originally Posted by sugarlily View Post

Starts @ approx. 00:30 ~ poor lil mountain goat! :*(
    Not sure if it's a Golden Eagle or even an eagle, but seems about the same size approximately.

And yeah...Off The Air is a bit of a mind blowing, psychedelic trip, sans any drugs! I am a lifelong night-person, often bordering on insomnia & end up watching a LOT of Adult Swim along with many other interesting things late late at night.

OT; the film student(s) did an excellent job on their "Hoax the Internet" class. A+
    Woah that's messed up poor little goat. At first I was thinking there is no way that eagle can lift that thing and then it just dragged it off the side of the mountain and let it fall :3

Deleted
    Package food. om nom nom

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Here's a link to the evidence that it's a fake, FWIW; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ebL_AMGX5k

There's a computer animation school in Montreal, and they have a final project that's basically "hoax the Internet", where they fake a video like this and release it for lulz. This is apparently one of their creations.
    Well done then, he fooled me with that. And many others.

Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    The problem isn't that an eagle wouldn't be able to eat a baby. The problem is that it could never FLY away with it. So yeah, very fake.
    Yeah, no. Video is fake, but large birds of prey are VERY capable of attacking something larger then that baby and flying off with them. You never watch nature channel doccumentaries?

Those birds are HUGE (up to nearly 8 foot wingspan on the larger ones), and perfectly able to carry off lambs and other baby herd critters. Bit of google searching puts official reports down that they have been known to fly off with prey weighing as much as 12-15 lbs)

The biggest que that it was fake was that the kid was still alive after the attack, since those kind of birds usually strike their prey with enough force to break its back / neck on impact, so they can take off with the corpse instead of a screaming / kicking animal.
    Last edited by Surfd; 2012-12-20 at 07:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Also, it's pretty hard to get a toddler to cry on cue, and if they intentionally hurt/made a baby cry, they belong in a jail cell.
    As a father, I must say, pinching your kid in the arm for something like this isn't exactly jail-worthy. Hell, just threaten to take away a toy for no reason, record tears, and say "Kidding! Kidding!"
    CompTIA A+ Computer technician, 7 years and counting...

Retired WoW Heroic Raider, currently playing DOTA 2 competitively.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Emulating an actual random-joe-with-a-camcorder?
    Pretty sure I'd drop the camcorder. I'd need both hands free to tear the eagle apart for touching my minion.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    Here's a link to the evidence that it's a fake, FWIW; http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ebL_AMGX5k

There's a computer animation school in Montreal, and they have a final project that's basically "hoax the Internet", where they fake a video like this and release it for lulz. This is apparently one of their creations.
    Hah, as soon as I saw the video plastered all over my Facebook yesterday, I knew it had to be fake. For some reason my Facebook feed seems to be a magnet for hoaxes. Well made video, though!
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Very well done fake. Also vaguely within the realm of possibility, unlike that dumb flying machine hoax.

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakara View Post
    I hear it's fake.

Anyone else hear it's fake?

Rather well done though.
    Confirmed, I hear it's fake too:P
    Poorly done i think

made me laugh

My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."